do you like yourself?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know, I actually do like myself. The only time I'm ever truly disgusted with myself is when I get extremely angry...which is rare...but has been occurring more often these days. Other than that, I have chosen to live with my quirks and fix my faults with a smile.

Most of the time, yeah. I do like myself. I've made mistakes, and have unfortunately had a few instances where I've treated someone I care about poorly, and I'm ashamed by that.

But I also like to think I learned a lot about myself through those processes, and it's made me a better person in the long run. I hope.

For the most part, I think I'm fun to be around and am generally a good egg. :wink:

Yes. Though I'm not sure it is possible to hate yourself in the sense that when you might say you do, you are in fact protecting that love of yourself. If you are willing to protect that than you can't hate yourself. :)

As for whether I'd be around myself...yeah. Certain people who are like you feel like home or the possibility of home. Being near yourself would be like home. :)

Yeah, but I don't get along with people who are really similar to me (opinionated, very outgoing, leadership-type qualities) unless those opinions are very similar to mine or we share some amount of laid-back-ness that allows us to ignore our stubborn differences (I can do that sometimes). I think my personality traits can be abraisive when two people have them... Though thinking about it, this clash only applies to people very close to my age... :shrug: Maybe its the competitiveness...

Wow, I sound like a real asshole.

I used to. My goal in life was to be a light to others. That was enough to like myself.

Though...that isn't the case anymore. Unforeseen circumstances have submerged me into a pool of angst. At times I'm afraid to be alone to face my inner turmoils, but then sometimes, I get overwhelmed by being in the company of others for too long.

I don't like what I've become. I don't know if I could ever be who I used to be, but I know I damn sure don't want to remain in this twisted state of mind. I hurt others, and that hurts me. I know that being in this perpetual state of negativity is only hurting myself.

It is a difficult journey, but I'm working on it. And others are helping me, and are sticking with me despite my sudden impromptu irrational behavior. So with that in mind, if SOMEBODY can think I'm likeable, then perhaps there is something within myself for me to like too.

I think I'm alright. I feel like I'm the sort of person where I seem a bit out there and probably overly loud (not my fault - poor hearing), so you have to get to know me to appreciate me.

unico said:
I used to. My goal in life was to be a light to others. That was enough to like myself.

Though...that isn't the case anymore. Unforeseen circumstances have submerged me into a pool of angst. At times I'm afraid to be alone to face my inner turmoils, but then sometimes, I get overwhelmed by being in the company of others for too long.

I don't like what I've become. I don't know if I could ever be who I used to be, but I know I damn sure don't want to remain in this twisted state of mind. I hurt others, and that hurts me. I know that being in this perpetual state of negativity is only hurting myself.

It is a difficult journey, but I'm working on it. And others are helping me, and are sticking with me despite my sudden impromptu irrational behavior. So with that in mind, if SOMEBODY can think I'm likeable, then perhaps there is something within myself for me to like too.

Mia, after chatting with you for a year, I have found that you are a lovely likable person and a good web friend to have. :hug:

Everybody likes me. :happy:

[paranoia]:angry: Except for those jerks who I just KNOW have me on ignore. :uhoh: I can't see them, but I know they're out there, mocking me... :madwife: [/paranoia]

Yes and no. I like being really independent, responsible, self-sufficient, practical, thorough, and a self-starter. I know that for some people, I'm too analytical, too neat and clean, too "safe"....

well, if i were to say yes, i would sound cocky. if i were to say no, i would sound insecure. so, like everyone said at times, yes, at other no. but most of the time i would.

JCOSTER said:

Mia, after chatting with you for a year, I have found that you are a lovely likable person and a good web friend to have. :hug:

I agree :yes: :hug:

And yes, I guess I would have to answer yes to the question at hand.

And LemonMelon, I don't have you on ignore. Does that count for anything :wink:

I really do believe I would like myself :). Well with the exception of my temper which can be pretty bad sometimes.

Im echoing what JC and Lila have said about Mia too :hug:. Had the most fortunate experience of hanging out with her :)

For the most part, yes. And yes, I would want to hang around me if I weren't me. (For one thing, I have great taste in music! :wink: )

However, there are a few things I dislike about myself, and those things I dislike greatly.

I'm still looking for the way to move those dislikes into the "like" category.

phillyfan26 said:
I think I'm alright. I feel like I'm the sort of person where I seem a bit out there and probably overly loud (not my fault - poor hearing), so you have to get to know me to appreciate me.

I'm probably the same, but sort of an elitist, at least amongst my friends.

struckpx said:
well, if i were to say yes, i would sound cocky. if i were to say no, i would sound insecure. so, like everyone said at times, yes, at other no. but most of the time i would.

If you're going to answer the question, you shouldn't answer it based on your perception of how your answers will be received.

Varitek said:

If you're going to answer the question, you shouldn't answer it based on your perception of how your answers will be received.

i did answer it.

Beav will tell me to GFM after posting this, but that aside....

I like who I've become. That's not to say that I disliked who I was as a teen or young adult, but, I think that overall, I've grown up to be a pretty decent human being, hopefully a good friend, son, brother, employee, and boyfriend when I'm with someone. Still evolving, though (There are days where I'm sure I'm too sarcastic for people's tastes, amongst my other flaws), or so I hope, but, yeah, I like me overall and think I'd be fun to hang out with. :)

A_Wanderer said:
I admire myself enough to be narcissistic.

:lol:

There's a Carley Simon song about that I do believe...:hmm::wink:

(and why haven't you been on AIM in forever? :angry::wink: )

To answer the first question, I would say I'm comfortable with myself. THere's always room for improvement but I'm happy with the way I am.

Back
Top Bottom