This will make you rethink facebook a little bit...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't be a part of the masses, instead be unique and not have Facebook, thereby not feeding an oligopoly of online advertising out of nothing.

You're so elite!
Like one of those "oh, I don't own a television" or "I only watch foreign films" kinda people

The only thing that has made me rethink facebook was the day I approved Friggin Cobbler as a friend

Cobbler friendship was a factor in the deactivation of my account last month.

Seriously though, I don't miss that shit at all.

Imperor said:
Cobbler friendship was a factor in the deactivation of my account last month.

Seriously though, I don't miss that shit at all.

Less photos of people's cats, dinner, etc, I know, but I don't know how anyone goes without it. I'm seriously addicted, as you could tell.

Homeboy actually mailed me an interesting article about reliance on social media and smart phones. It played a role.

Not sure if this was posted already, but this article does raise some concerns.

I never click on any unknown links anyway, but there are many that still do. My mother, for example, who is still feeling her way around the Internet. I'm pretty sure she doesn't understands why I warn her about opening e-mails from unknown accounts.

Webcam Hacker Luis Mijangos: Newsmakers: GQ

I got that article from him too. Started reading it, but her writing style made it really tedious, so I gave up. I'm sure it brought up some valid issues though

What was interesting about it to me wasn't the details of that broad's vacation. It was more reflecting on my personal habits when it comes to social networks and the like. So I deactivated Facebook and haven't for a second regretted the decision. No use habitually checking something I don't ever get any substantive content from.

Yeah, I did think about it because I wanted to reply to NSW and have something to contribute as part of a conversation, but all I found myself agreeing with was the point (can't remember if it was his comment or part of the article) about some people not being able to leave their phones alone while having dinner with friends.

But good for you - doing stuff like that is pretty damned freeing.

Yeah, I did think about it because I wanted to reply to NSW and have something to contribute as part of a conversation, but all I found myself agreeing with was the point (can't remember if it was his comment or part of the article) about some people not being able to leave their phones alone while having dinner with friends.

But good for you - doing stuff like that is pretty damned freeing.

Freeing? Ok, see, I just can't get in line with this feeling, maybe because I don't feel like I'm addicted to my phone/facebook, so much as I am staying connected with friends and family. I consider Facebook to be the main reason why I was able to stay in contact with most of my best friends from high school and now my best friends from college. It's great to be able to talk to them at any time, or just generally see what's up with them. I don't know why I am supposed to think of Facebook as some evil entity that has ensnared my soul or something.

I meant in general, just letting go of anything that's become an annoyance to you. I don't find Facebook to be some troublesome burden, either.

Back
Top Bottom