Who should direct the video for Window in the skies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Will the band, like for OOTS, turn to someone new, or will they, like E. Storm or S. Thing turn to trusted directors that worked with them before?

My hope is for Corbijn or Godley.

I wouldn't mind something arty a la Stay so Wenders is an option too.

Michel Gondry, Spike Jonze, Floria Sigismondi or Mark Romanek

directors that have workled with U2: Anton Cobijn

300px-Fozzie_Season_1.JPG

What's odd is that all of the stories from the time the photos were shot (and video was taken) with U2 & Green Day in the crosswalk indicated that they were to be used in either the Saints video or in the Saints cd somehow.

But perhaps the real purpose was to get shots of U2 crossing & use the shots in some other way....and they took some with Green Day to be nice since GD were there. :hmm:

Utoo said:
What's odd is that all of the stories from the time the photos were shot (and video was taken) with U2 & Green Day in the crosswalk indicated that they were to be used in either the Saints video or in the Saints cd somehow.

But perhaps the real purpose was to get shots of U2 crossing & use the shots in some other way....and they took some with Green Day to be nice since GD were there. :hmm:

Will the new album have a cover that's a copy of the old beatles pic :hmm:

:drool:

if you notice on u218.com, the abbey road crossing photo is used to identify Window in the Skies. :hmm:

oh, i see all the other pics are the real single covers. guess it'll be the single cover then.

U2Man said:
oh, i see all the other pics are the real single covers. guess it'll be the single cover then.

If so, then perhaps the goal with WITS was to purposely make it sound Beatlesque. :hmm:

wow, that indeed makes it all fall into place! I didn't even think of the link beatles pic - beatles esque song!

:hmm: interesting... but then the question arises, why wasting film on green day?

I really would love it when a "Star"-director did something for U2. That never happend till now.
Scorsesee now directs the new Rolling Stones film
Jonathan Demme (Silence of the lamps) directed the Neil Young Film.
Tim Burton did the new Killers Video.
What's with U2???

I like to see Tarantino direct Windows in the Sky :corn:

Back
Top Bottom