Where is the video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No apologies necessary. If it is annoying to point out obvious and widely known fact, then sign me up.

See, to me I find it more annoying that people ask moronic questions about whether or not the known single will one day become a single. I guess we have different frames if reference.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

:doh:

Like the video a lot. I enjoy the lighting/use of colors and its straight forward.

2000's lead videos:

1-Beautiful Day: A (nice video and the planes at the end landing rock)
2-The Miracle: B
3-Vertigo: C- (Fun grooving song that deserved a fun grooving video and instead we got a boring video)
4- Boots D+ (terrible video...but at least they tried)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

Like the video a lot. I enjoy the lighting/use of colors and its straight forward.

2000's lead videos:

1-Beautiful Day: A (nice video and the planes at the end landing rock)
2-The Miracle: B
3-Vertigo: C- (Fun grooving song that deserved a fun grooving video and instead we got a boring video)
4- Boots D+ (terrible video...but at least they tried)

I pretty much agree with all those ratings, though I haven't watched the miracle yet

This is the official music video?
Hum... Looks like a basic crossover between the 2004 Apple commercial and the "Get On Your Boots" video-archetype (minus the paraphernalia of women and animations). It's not very inventive. Plus, it's full of Bono-stage-clichés and some of those Edge rock'n'roll poses/moves look forced.

On the other hand... Bono "wearing" (or pretending to play) guitar on a music video? :shocked: When was the last time it happened? Circa-1988/89? That's the positive note to me.

That's a cool video. I like most of the effects. There are some parts that make me wonder if I am supposed to put on old school 3d glasses.

I like the old VHS tape effects, but could do without Edge doing jump kicks in front of numbers?

No apologies necessary. If it is annoying to point out obvious and widely known fact, then sign me up.

See, to me I find it more annoying that people ask moronic questions about whether or not the known single will one day become a single. I guess we have different frames if reference.

This is fuckin' gold! :up:

Yes, it's the whole vid. As expected, another performance video that looks very much like the commercial. Only, you know, longer.

Note to Bono: You should really make a choice...either wear the guitar and pretend to play, or don't wear it at all. Kind of kills the illusion when you're playing it in one shot and it's missing in the next. And let's face it, no one is buying it anyway.

Note to Bono, Edge and Larry: No one is buying you smashing up your equipment either. It's not punk rock. YOU'RE not punk rock. Sorry.

Note to Adam: As far as I can see, you're the only one who had the good sense and grace not to fake smashing a guitar, kicking over a mic stand, or disgustedly throwing drum sticks down. +1 for keeping it real.

Note to Nicky: It's a fuckin' video. Who gives a shit?

Yes, it's the whole vid. As expected, another performance video that looks very much like the commercial. Only, you know, longer.

Note to Bono: You should really make a choice...either wear the guitar and pretend to play, or don't wear it at all. Kind of kills the illusion when you're playing it in one shot and it's missing in the next. And let's face it, no one is buying it anyway.

Note to Bono, Edge and Larry: No one is buying you smashing up your equipment either. It's not punk rock. YOU'RE not punk rock. Sorry.

Note to Adam: As far as I can see, you're the only one who had the good sense and grace not to fake smashing a guitar, kicking over a mic stand, or disgustedly throwing drum sticks down. +1 for keeping it real.

Larry is the only one I believe it from. Though, he is leaving the band, so it's not surprising he's angry/sad.

Why gee, Mr. Prycky, who gives a shit about any of it? I don't think we're talking about ebola in this part of the forum, right? ;)

You're funny. So don't worry, I'm sure someone will come along and idiotically laugh.

We smell our own kind. :wave:

I do recall a story where Bono sat down with the director of this video and the director informed him that they were gonna fuck with an individual named Nick66 and feature Bono with a guitar and without one. Just for the fuck of it. Then they were gonna show several close-ups of Bono's shoes. Like a lot of close-ups. Then some of the other guys are gonna pretend to smash some stuff. That'll really blow this Nick66 person's mind. He won't know whether to shit or go blind.

I do recall a story where Bono sat down with the director of this video and the director informed him that they were gonna fuck with an individual named Nick66 and feature Bono with a guitar and without one. Just for the fuck of it. Then they were gonna show several close-ups of Bono's shoes. Like a lot of close-ups. Then some of the other guys are gonna pretend to smash some stuff. That'll really blow this Nick66 person's mind. He won't know whether to shit or go blind.

Wowsers. That was a lot of effort to put in considering I only half watched the video while I was reading an article on the new season of Game of Thrones in another open tab at DenofGeek. And I'm sorry to say, I skipped forward to the end where they're smashing up stuff. Was that wrong?

What did Bono's shoes look like anyway?

Larry is the only one I believe it from. Though, he is leaving the band, so it's not surprising he's angry/sad.

Larry's not going anywhere until he finds out if his role in CSI comes through.

The video is deserving of the song... Trash.

U2 pretending to be punk and smashing their guitars? Embarrassing. Performance videos almost always suck anyway, I have no idea why anyone would watch this more than once.

My theory, and it might be a strange one, is that someone who watches the video more than once probably likes the song or video. That is just my theory guys.

Which song would you promote as a hit?

None. There are no "hits" here. The sooner u2 realise that and start to understand that there is no basic formula for it, the sooner they'll focus on writing songs of the age that they are (The Troubles, Sleep like a baby tonight) and not the cheap tack that they insist on pushing on us (too many examples to name, but the Miracle is first to come to mind).

The video is deserving of the song... Trash.

U2 pretending to be punk and smashing their guitars? Embarrassing. Performance videos almost always suck anyway, I have no idea why anyone would watch this more than once.

Hmmmm.....I'm pretty sure they are smashing their guitars not to reflect themselves but more to mimic/ pay tribute to the Ramones and Clash as this song is in honor of their influences (mainly the Ramones clearly).

None. There are no "hits" here. The sooner u2 realise that and start to understand that there is no basic formula for it, the sooner they'll focus on writing songs of the age that they are (The Troubles, Sleep like a baby tonight) and not the cheap tack that they insist on pushing on us (too many examples to name, but the Miracle is first to come to mind).

Yeah getting old=getting less hits. Miracle. But do you like SOI as a whole?

I didn't know music and how it is written and performed is age restrictive.

Oh please. You know full well what I mean. U2 are not at their best when they try to make a "rocker" anymore... The only thing more embarrassing listening to garbage like Volcano or The miracle is watching edge and Bono act like spoilt teenagers by smashing their guitars. Give me a break. I guarantee nobody who's seen that thinks "oh that's cool." It isn't cool, it's contrived bullshit.

I was reading an article on the new season of Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones is the best show on TV, my favorite show for years. I almost passed out watching the Red Wedding (Rains of Cashmere) episode.

With that said, if Walter Frey were playing the Crystal Ballroom in that scene, I would have had a smile on my face while shit went down because that song makes everything just....that...much...better(still listening to it on repeat).

Yeah getting old=getting less hits. Miracle. But do you like SOI as a whole?

Not really, no. The second half of the album is certainly more interesting, and The Troubles and Sleep like a baby... Are two of the finest u2 songs Ive heard for a long time.

Check that, those are two of the best songs Ive heard from any band for a really long time.

So on one hand, while Im happy to have two great new U2 songs, I'm pretty flattened by their Apple gimmicks and "rock" songs which simply don't.

Oh please. You know full well what I mean. U2 are not at their best when they try to make a "rocker" anymore... The only thing more embarrassing listening to garbage like Volcano or The miracle is watching edge and Bono act like spoilt teenagers by smashing their guitars. Give me a break. I guarantee nobody who's seen that thinks "oh that's cool." It isn't cool, it's contrived bullshit.

I think the instrumentation and the song structure of The Miracle perfectly encapsulates the experience Bono had when listening to the Ramones for the first time. Sorry, but there is no way that could have been translated into a song written and intended for someone their age, as you put it.

I think the instrumentation and the song structure of The Miracle perfectly encapsulates the experience Bono had when listening to the Ramones for the first time. Sorry, but there is no way that could have been translated into a song written and intended for someone their age, as you put it.

Well, let's say you're right... The song, regardless, still isn't any good. And like Get on your boots, will be forgotten in no time for that reason.

Yeah rather have APPLE show them actually doing all that shit. Oh wait...they did. But yes it seemed silly. It is silly. Rather see them shooting ducks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDKXhV8RqDA

Back
Top Bottom