This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't be long enough :D For me at least. Would be a great single. Love the angular guitar sound.
Sounds fresh, joyfull.. The lyrics.. I dunno , too early to judge.

This is my favourite track of the album. Danger Mouse's fingerprints are all over this track with the deep, methodical bass line. It also has that indie rock sound of Arctic Monkeys.

Guitar in intro sounds very Stonesy. And then it becomes like a song off Boy. Weird stuff going on...

I forgot about this one after two listens. :reject:

It's not bad. Probably middle of the pack for me.

The verses are highly reminiscent of 1980s U2, while the chorus is pure Broken Bells. Love it.

Does nothing for me by itself, but maybe they'll do something theatrical with it which is always good news.

I love this, for me - this is *the* track that has all the 80s U2 in it, although the second half of this album to me is Pop's baby bro, but that's ok :D I love the driving drums and bass line on this. Does remind me of Joe Strummer tho as others have said. Dancey tune!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Might just be my favorite song from them in 25 years. Will have to see if it holds up, think it will though. As of now absolutely love it.

gorgeous, love the layers and build up in this, cheeky!

love it :heart:

Shades of 'Gimme Shelter' in the intro

yeah, definitely gettin a Stones vibe from this one. but mixed with a funky 80s sound. The angular feel reminds me of Gang of Four or even early Bloc Party. Post-punk, but not U2 post-punk. except for the fact that it is indeed U2 :p

this was one of my faves upon first listen. after listening a few more times others have grown on me, this hasn't as much, but I'd still definitely put in the top half.

Back
Top Bottom