The Troubles - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And let's review for the people who have reading comprehension problems:

The album will be released on both CD format presentations
- STANDARD: Simple Edition with 24-page booklet with photos, lyrics. etc. ..

- DELUXE EDITION: Limited Edition Double CD presented with gatefold cover. The disc will contain about a dozen additional songs. 4 Bonus Tracks, along with a handful of acoustic versions of songs from the album.
'Lucifer's Hands'
'The Crystal Ballroom'
'The Troubles (Alternative Version)'
'Sleep Like A Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective by Tchad Blake Mix)'

So let me get this straight: the people who buy the standard version aren't getting the full album? Because that's only going to have 11 tracks.

By your logic, one has to buy the deluxe edition to hear the "real" album. Although it's not clear how Crystal Ballroom and Lucifer's Hands are part of the album but the alt. version of The Troubles and Sleep Like... aren't, because they're all listed as "bonus tracks".
:up:

Buy I don't get it. Niceman stated that the additional two songs were part of the album as a fact. He said fact. I am confused.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

- DELUXE EDITION: Limited Edition Double CD presented with gatefold cover. The disc will contain about a dozen additional songs. 4 Bonus Tracks, along with a handful of acoustic versions of songs from the album.
'Lucifer's Hands'
'The Crystal Ballroom'
'Sleepe Like A Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective by Tchad Blake Mix)'

So let me get this straight: the people who buy the standard version aren't getting the full album? Because that's only going to have 11 tracks.

By your logic, one has to buy the deluxe edition to hear the "real" album. Although it's not clear how Crystal Ballroom and Lucifer's Hands are part of the album but the alt. version of The Troubles and Sleep Like... aren't, because they're all listed as "bonus tracks".

You say, "review" as you quote the new South American information we got today. That requires some time travel, but fine.

IF that report is correct and indeed the extra songs do not appear on the standard CD then they would not/will not be a part of the album. I've allowed this throughout the conversation.

If that report is correct, then my main point will be INCORRECT.

However, I still maintain, and I think this is what we've really been arguing about: If all 13 (or more) tracks are on every copy of the CD. They will be a part of the album.

Rough translation: I am embarrassed I was wrong, so I will attack your credibility and make you look petty.

Uhm..no. I'm not embarrassed, I was not wrong, and some people here are pretty narrow minded. The definition of an album and how albums are released is changing, and if you would have bothered to run a simple google search rather than throwing tantrums and attacking people, you would see that this has been going on for a while and has been widely discussed in the music industry.

U2 is a band that likes to be at the forefront of the music industry. Apple already stated that U2 will be trying some innovative ways of distributing music in the near future. Maybe I should stick to some more simple posts on here as it seems that this has gone over some people's heads.

Uhm..no. I'm not embarrassed, I was not wrong, and some people here are pretty narrow minded. The definition of an album and how albums are released is changing, and if you would have bothered to run a simple google search rather than throwing tantrums and attacking people, you would see that this has been going on for a while and has been widely discussed in the music industry.

U2 is a band that likes to be at the forefront of the music industry. Apple already stated that U2 will be trying some innovative ways of distributing music in the near future. Maybe I should stick to some more simple posts on here as it seems that this has gone over some people's heads.

What ludicrous logic.

Music culture changing + U2 album = pre release of 4/5 of the album.

Of course they are innovating, but that doesn't mean that some baseless, crackpot theory is true. Changing culture does not mean that everything will change.

Saying that there are more tracks meant to be part of the album proper is about as rational as suggesting between now and Oct 13 they're going to rerecord the whole album with Chad Smith on drums.

That would be fucking awesome... and I'd like to see Larry repurposed as a "hype man" sidekick to bono. :D

What ludicrous logic.

Music culture changing + U2 album = pre release of 4/5 of the album.

Of course they are innovating, but that doesn't mean that some baseless, crackpot theory is true. Changing culture does not mean that everything will change.

The truth is you are all wrong! :wink: Half this thread is wrong as "The Troubles" is not a closer because SOI is not even an album. Its just half an album and that's a fact.....

I think.....

If we believe bono.....

:doh: nevermind

Are we still talking about The Troubles? 'Cause I like that song.

:wave:

It was my favorite on my first listen and has remained since. A really pleasant surprise at the end of the album especially given the title which had me thinking it would be an overly politicized tune.

Is anyone else having issues with the play count on iTunes? Mine shows that Ive played this one over 400 times. lol

The CD, I am thinking will end with either The Crystal Ballroom or Lucifer's Hands while the other one might be placed in the middle somewhere. California seems to end abruptly--maybe there?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using U2 Interference mobile app

The CD, I am thinking will end with either The Crystal Ballroom or Lucifer's Hands while the other one might be placed in the middle somewhere. California seems to end abruptly--maybe there?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using U2 Interference mobile app

Please tell me this post is a joke

'Lucifer's Hands'
'The Crystal Ballroom'
'Sleepe Like A Baby Tonight (Alternative Perspective by Tchad Blake Mix)'

They don't get it

This debate is stupid.

That said, Laz is right.

By like a mile.

:up:

Jesus Christ unless U2 has somehow invented a way to automagically remove Disc 1 from the changer and insert Disc 2 and make Edge's hopefully elongated solo segue into track 1 of the second disc...then yes, The Troubles would appear to be the end of THE ALBUM KNOWN AS SOI.

So that's 2 absolute travesties about this album (incl no Invisible)

Man this band sometimes..

:wink:

Sent from my ass crack

This track is definitely the gem from the new album. It's the sort of track I was hoping for from a collaboration with Danger Mouse. Really good lyrics, too.

Wow, LOL!!! It's quite amusing how some people get worked up about these things. It's an overall exciting thought that we are getting so much great new music and you are getting yourself bent out of shape over people suggesting that there is more great music, and semantics regarding what defines an album in the year 2014 , which is quite different from what you think defines an album.

Why the hell are we arguing about the album tracklisting in a song specific thread?

That said, give it a rest already. Songs of Innocence, the complete album, is 11 songs long, and is what was released. The deluxe edition will include bonus material, which is in addition to the complete album tracklisting.

Case closed. You're wrong. :shrug:

Go argue about this in the Songs of Innocence album discussion thread if you must... but please don't.

And now let's get back to discussion about the best song on the album. :)

Why the hell are we arguing about the album tracklisting in a song specific thread?

That said, give it a rest already. Songs of Innocence, the complete album, is 11 songs long, and is what was released. The deluxe edition will include bonus material, which is in addition to the complete album tracklisting.

Case closed. You're wrong. :shrug:

Go argue about this in the Songs of Innocence album discussion thread if you must... but please don't.

And now let's get back to discussion about the best song on the album. :)

Come back next month and then tell me I'm wrong, for now, you know nothing. In the meantime, stop telling people what to discuss or not to discuss, I was discussing the ending of the song in the song thread. If you don''t like it, don't reply.

Come back next month and then tell me I'm wrong, for now, you know nothing. In the meantime, stop telling people what to discuss or not to discuss, I was discussing the ending of the song in the song thread. If you don''t like it, don't reply.

:corn:

I wish you could tag people to alert them to something on this site. Hey Laz, Headache, Nick - get over here and watch this!

Hi there, I'm a mod here. If you don't like me telling you to drop it, tough.

One of these things is not like the others..

Sent from my ass crack

Haha, very true - just naming the people who have been exasperated by this particular argument. Isn't great how we can all be brought together by mutual feelings towards certain things?

Back
Top Bottom