Songs of Experience vol. 29: No More Acronyms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty impressed with the strength of Bono’s vocals on this Vertigo Brizillian rooftop version. I went into listening thinking oh god it’s going to be cringe worthy but it was alright.

Man this is the first time I heard the cat video! I know only just a few seconds but it sounds like it could be a beautiful song!

Can anyone give a direct link for the Cat is sleeping video on Facebook? I tried to find it in U2's video section, but didn't have any luck...

I listened to the “cat song” and it’s so short and I can’t really make anything out from it. Not sure how anyone can say this might be great, bad, the best or the worst anything.

Then again, maybe I need my hearing tested because these days people seem to be able to hear snippets of songs and make full blown declarations about the song and the album and I’m sitting here asking people what Bono is even singing because I can’t really make it out.

I listened to the “cat song” and it’s so short and I can’t really make anything out from it. Not sure how anyone can say this might be great, bad, the best or the worst anything.

Then again, maybe I need my hearing tested because these days people seem to be able to hear snippets of songs and make full blown declarations about the song and the album and I’m sitting here asking people what Bono is even singing because I can’t really make it out.

Just to make it clear I said it "sounds" like it could be a beautiful song. It could go either way it could be shit or could be great. The 8 second clip has Bono singing "love is all we have left" before Bono sings there seems to be another voice? Perhaps a falsetto or women? Idk. The background music, albeit 8 seconds was very mellow or atmospheric? So I am not declaring it will be amazing. From what I heard in those 8 seconds it had the elements of it potentially being a nice atmospheric maybe slow song! But than again, this could just be the intro,outro, bridge etc etc. The song could totally be different from this short clip. Also this clip is rather old so even this part of the song could totally be different now. I repeat, to me it "sounds" like it "could" be a beutifal song. But I don't make judgments until I hear the full song.

hmmmm... yeah, very short clip. like the atmospheric sound of that one small bit. But the most interesting thing is the female voice... No word on other guest vocalists. So maybe that got dropped.

Getting excited about The Lights of Home.

Listened to the Haim track a few times. U2songs.com added this bit on an article yesterday.

I was lucky enough to hear U2’s “The Lights Of Home” and although my memories of it have faded since July, hearing the track from Haim yesterday brought the memories of that song rushing back. You can hear it in the bass and drums. After hearing U2’s “The Lights of Home” I found I was recalling another U2 song, “Breathe” and saying it was like “Breathe” but taken further. Listening to the Haim track, I hear the same idea. If you want some clues to what “The Lights of Home” will sound like, it’s a good place to start.

That last part about, if you want some clues about how song will sound, its a good place to start. I would love for a U2 song to have a style like this. I think they could pull it off well. (or completely neuter it, you just never know) :huh:
But still very intriguing.
And the part of about Breathe only taken further is interesting. I like Breathe a lot, but lyrically it had it rough spots and sometimes the delivery was just... off to me. If they could have a song like this, with better lyrics and well flowing delivery, it could be a killer.

Last edited:
hmmmm... yeah, very short clip. like the atmospheric sound of that one small bit. But the most interesting thing is the female voice... No word on other guest vocalists. So maybe that got dropped.

Is it possible it’s just a woman singing along to the song and not in the actual recording? It’s hard to tell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom