So, have we matched the NLOTH song titles to the beach clips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
#1 is definitely unknown caller, in the lanois fez clip you can hear them singing "compute" in that same song

Something interesting I've noted, though...the beach clip version of GOYB is substantially different from the final version...maybe not in tone/intent, but the lyrics I can make out are all jumbled up, compared to the final version, including different takes of the same or similar lines (like the submarine one).

Which is good, since one of the things I'm hoping for most is to be surprised by the songs on the albums, start to finish, and as much as I love 1, 2 and 4, it'd be disappointing if I already completely "knew" 4 of the 10 songs on the album.

I only remember two beach clips, and only part of one of those two.

magnificent

and that chanting one, like 'oh oh oh oh, oh oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh-da da da da -da da da da'

hhhm, not working? Didn't think so.

the chanting is almost similar to the GOYB riff.

phht, just THE ONE WITH CHANTING.

haha, I think it's breathe.

magnificent

and that chanting one, like 'oh oh oh oh, oh oh, oh oh oh oh, oh oh-da da da da -da da da da'

Isnt it in beach clip 1 that is Unknown caller, time 4:03 in this clip
YouTube - U2 New Album - No Line On The Horizon 2009 (U2 Work for the new album in Fez, Marrocos, 2008)

Why? Because it has the word "moment" in it?

LOL

Not exactly, jackass...

Some can interpret that part as a moment of surrender, as also mentioned by Achtung Billy...Also, there's a bluesy guitar riff, as mentioned by the Irish Independent review.

Either way, I hope this song (404) sees the light of day.

But nothing from Rubin sessions will be on the new album. I also hope it will see the light of day... :up:

they said they scrapped most of it, not all of it. i wouldn't be surprised if a couple of ideas made it. for example, when listening to BC5, a small part of the vocal pattern from "Thank You" made it. but now, word is that BC5 didn't make the album.

Not exactly, jackass...

Some can interpret that part as a moment of surrender, as also mentioned by Achtung Billy...Also, there's a bluesy guitar riff, as mentioned by the Irish Independent review.

Either way, I hope this song (404) sees the light of day.

How charming!

It ain't Moment of Surrender, thank God. MOS was composed in 2007, Fez sessions. And it is a very slow song, unlike the one in question. 404 sounds a bit too Christian Rock for my tastes. And a bit of Bon Jovi, dare I say.

magnificent

You are talking about Unknown Caller.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and second the "404 is not great" sentiment by djerdap. I think it's inevitable that unreleased U2 songs achieve unearned classic status by some.

I think Beach Clip 5 is MOS... or not!

I've been reading the reviews again and again and there is one that mentions oh oh oohh OHH and beach 5 is full of them. And there is another one that says something about a curious choir on the chorus.

Of all the descriptions we've heard so far this clip only fits for MOS, so if it was not discarded it could only be MOS; maybe someone could help to decipher some of the lyrics...

And of course i'm probably wrong, so please don't give much credit to what i'm saying.
Still worth of specutaing. :wink:

Could be... I'd say Crazy Tonight, though, based on the baby baby baby chorus.

^ Yes, u2tour.de, but I wouldn't bet my money on it, after all he also said Tripoli wasn't on the album and now it turns out that song may have become Fez - Being Born.

Where did the beach clips go???????????

Does anyone know what happened to 2 of the songs from the beach clips? One was a fantastic 3:53 clip from a song I thought was going to be Moment of Surrender, and the other was a great piano based song. I was excited for them to both be on the album but they're not. This is a huge disappointment, I think the album would be worlds better if 2 crappier songs were replaced by these 2. Maybe the 2 tracks appeared on something else or will be b-sides. One of the tracks I'm referring to was far better than anything on this album, where did it go? Thanks for any help.

Dean

all of the beach clips appear on the album.

beach clip #5 is Crazy Tonight basically, just a faster version and some different lyrics.

It seems I had a different order of beach clips possibly. 403 and 404 are the ones I'm referring to them being on there. I thik 404 is one of the best songs they've ever done, and mistakenly thought it was Moment of Surrender. Whether done with Rubin or not, I'm amazed this song didn't surface on the final product. I'm honestly very disappointed the album didn't go in this direction, maybe the Rubin stuff would have been much more to my liking, too bad.

Those clips are the older ones from 06. The 08 beach clips all made it on the album.

Think any pieces from the '06 beach clips made it into the album? They obviously would have been heavily changed since then.

I hope they can work "I believe" into the next album. The chorus is perfect, the music for the verses are perfect, I just think Bono needs to change the melody/style of his vocals.

Can someone send me the beach clips to

ezeperez@gmail.com

I never heard them , and I think it would be nice to compare them with the songs from the album.

Thanks

What is Song 4 of THE BEACH CLIPS?

I thought they were all songs on the new album, but it just came up on my iPod and it didn't sound like any song I recognize.

I tried the search feature, but it wasn't working for me...

Back
Top Bottom