Premature *least* favorite song thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NLOTH is hypnotic and surreal...it's awesome listening to Bono shout over the background swell.

NLOTH II? B-side. No dynamics, and the bridge is awful. I still think it's a fun listen though.

I don't understand what's there NOT to like about White As Snow. :no: For me, it's easily one of the most beautiful songs U2 have recorded in a very long time.

And I like NLOTH more than the B-side. I was a little scared because I thought I wouldn't like it as much, the B-side actually rocks. But I love the atmosphere of the song more on the album, plus the bridge, it's awsome!

To be honest, there is not one song I don't like on the album. I'm still having most problems with Crazy Tonight, because the falsetto seems a bit ouf of place. Also UC still has to grow on me.

Absolutely, unquestionably "Crazy."

Sounds like a weak ATYCLB song. Get that shit off my shiny new U2.

EDIT: I cannot believe people are saying "White As Snow."

After only 1 listen:

Crazy Tonight

I agree (I had about 4 listens so far - ipod + car :rockon: )

There are parts of the song I really like, but it's kind of "meh"... at least for now.
But it's not big deal, even AB and JT have songs that I skip sometimes.
So if this song will turn out to be TTYW or WGRYWH of this album, for me, that's OK...

NO :no::tsk: just NO!

There's something wrong with you :tongue:

I agree. NLOTH 2 was more immediately gratifying due to its punky style but at the end of the day, it lacks anything musically that really stands out. NLOTH will sit better when we look back over the years.

Loving NOLTH both versions. Weakest for me is Fez - but love Being Born :)

On a whole though this the follow up to Achtung, Zoorpa should've been all those years ago.

At the moment, I'd have to go with Unknown Caller & Crazy Tonight as my least favourite tracks.

UC - It just seems a bit messy and I'm not convinced about the stop/start, "shouting" type delivery of the vocals. This may, obviously, change once the song has had time to sink in a bit more.

Crazy Tonight - That first falsetto bit at the start :huh: Maybe it's because it was so unexpected - it just doesn't feel as if it belongs there. I don't think it was Bono's best falsetto moment either, if I'm honest.

I don't really dislike either song that much, just at present feel that there are much better songs on the album. I've only listened to the album 6-7 times and there is a lot to take in so I suspect my opinions will change (frequently) the more I get to know the songs.

Stand Up Comedy. I will probably never listen to the song again after hearing it once....it has absolutely no redeemable qualities and easily tops "Crumbs" as their worst ever album track. They were working on it for sixteen months because it's absolute garbage.

Not surprised to see some people not liking I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight.....it's definitely an All That You Can't Leave Behind sort of song although it has a trickier beat going. A merge of elements from Beautiful Day, City of Blinding Lights & Walk On. I think it's a track that be more appreciated among casuals/ATYCLB fanatics and will be the most divisive on the album. It's actually my favorite....that, the title track or Fez, anyway.

Fez/Being Born - I liked the homage to the Zoo era with some of the sounds but that's it for me.

SUC. I think the middle "break" period is weakest in general (songs 5-7), but at least they are placed together and in the right place. SUC and CT both have parts that I really like, but I think these are going to get old pretty fast...where as MoS hasn't really hit me yet, Magnificent is an instant classic, etc. etc.

Great album though--looks like it is going to stand up to repeat listens very well overall.

The funny (or sad) thing is that U2 knew that SUC wasn't quite right--didn't quite deserve to be on the album. They kept working and working and it never really clicked. I think it should have been messier, and I was certainly expecting that until I heard the Walmart clip. Honestly, I was never terribly excited by the descriptions anyway: not the type of sound I love from U2.

Back
Top Bottom