GOYB Cover Art on U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hell, I personally hope every cover that comes from this album is a nod to another cover from someone else, but thats because i like themes

I knew this is where we were headed and theres a difference between this parody and chris martin acting like a tool.

Coldplay ripped off the enjoy the silence video yet nothing happened aside from Gahan saying 'we dont speak of them' in a half hearted reply to a question about it. AND THAT WAS AN ENTIRE VIDEO.

and please don't mention the brilliant Enjoy the silence in one sentence with this crappy cover if you don't mind. if you do, please be my guest.:wink:

Agree. I think the artists probably wanted publicity based on the merit of their own material, not because a bigger, more successful band took your cover idea.

Anyways, I feel like saying that makes me sound mad at U2, which I'm not. I like both the album cover and this one, I'm just saying I understand why the other groups could get upset about it.
well cover idea is a bit of a stretch, its not that original and groundbreaking to begin with

You can pay tribute to anything in art, it doesn't make your work a ripoff or parody. The world isn't only black and white, and most art is influenced by other art. If we start to examine every little detail that might be "ripped off" from other works or artists, we won't get anywhere.

My good god, no matter what the band do, the usual suspects always come out to have a little moan dont they?, its a fucking CD sleeve for gods sake,

please excuse my language, but this place is starting to become a "parody" of itself.

You really think that someone will play these girls music now because of this picture. Let me put it this way: if someone listens to these girls music because Bono and co have "borrowed" the cover he or she has officialy NO life.
it doesnt take but a few clicks of a mouse to listen to someones music and like i said, out of the millions of U2 fans out there I gurantee you some of them will be curious enough to do so.

and please don't mention the brilliant Enjoy the silence in one sentence with this crappy cover if you don't mind. if you do, please be my guest.:wink:
Enjoy the silence is my favorite song with With or without you a close second

My good god, no matter what the band do, the usual suspects always come out to have a little moan dont they?, its a fucking CD sleeve for gods sake,

please excuse my language, but this place is starting to become a "parody" of itself.

OMG you cracked it! U2 read the parody on here and figured they'd do their own tribute to us :hug: :lol:

You know the saying!? Damned if you do, damned if you don't :sexywink:

I still like it, regardless of if they have nicked the idea from somewhere else

shaunthesheep.jpg

I don't cling to my own religion as tightly as some people here cling to U2's ability to do no wrong, and I'm a theologian.

Just saying. :wave:

and i think bono's expression on the cover is enough proof that this is a parody

And are we sure that they didnt have that band's permission????

and i think bono's expression on the cover is enough proof that this is a parody

And are we sure that they didnt have that band's permission????

Of course people arent sure, they are just jumping to conclusions as usual.

well cover idea is a bit of a stretch, its not that original and groundbreaking to begin with

Yeah, I just meant the look/lighting, etc. being the same. 'Cover idea' would apply more to the usage of the Hiroshi Sugimoto image on the album.

i personally had no idea who the preluders were now look, we have a youtube video on U2s biggest fan site, see how that works?

hmmm, they also incorporate MIDDLE EASTERN SOUNDS into that cover of losing my religion....
a little more than coincedence that U2s cover resembles theirs, amirite?

they may have been kidding but i dont think they necessarily gave them permission either. I personally think Gahan was serious. Maybe bitter that they ripped off strangelove for viva la vida, but thats just me.

they may have been kidding but i dont think they necessarily gave them permission either. I personally think Gahan was serious. Maybe bitter that they ripped off strangelove for viva la vida, but thats just me.

Tripoli, stangelove is COMPLETELEY different!
it realy is

Why Permission? Don't get it. Corbijns Videos. When Tarantino makes a Pulp Fiction 2009 he must not ask Travolta if this is o.k.

Tripoli, stangelove is COMPLETELEY different!
it realy is
no way man, just because one isnt being played with strings and the other starts off with a different note in the cycle doesnt mean its different. its pretty much the same loop. its just like vanilla ice saying he didnt rip off Queen because he had tacked on a quick note in the middle.

i hope you know the parts of strangelove and vlv im referring to

EDIT### oops i meant life in technocolor not viva la vida, thats where they ripped off satch

no way man, just because one isnt being played with strings and the other starts off with a different note in the cycle doesnt mean its different. its pretty much the same loop. its just like vanilla ice saying he didnt rip off Queen because he had tacked on a quick note in the middle.

i hope you know the parts of strangelove and vlv im referring to

EDIT### oops i meant life in technocolor not viva la vida, thats where they ripped off satch

I know what you mean but I don't agree. placements of the notes with the acception of the "last parts"is comepltely different. the last couple of notes have indeed a similar ring to it but is in a minor chord while coldplay's is in a major

I know what you mean but I don't agree. placements of the notes with the acception of the "last parts"is comepltely different. the last couple of notes have indeed a similar ring to it but is in a minor chord while coldplay's is in a major

theres no way youre listening to what im listening to, i just had to tabs open with one youtube of lit and theother a youtube of sl and had them synced up and its the exact same. they both have 2 cycles in the loop and both climb in pitch at the end of the second cycle the exact same way. they maybe have altered the degrees or accidentals a slight bit but the meat of the melody is the exact same. its so obvious. sorry but i cant let this go

Back
Top Bottom