The Boom Boom Room (Yes, it's Bono's Thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Like the eyeliner before NLOTH? :doh:
:shifty: mmmmmaybe.
I wish he would've been brave enough to stick with it.
My guess would be that it disappeared after one half of the rhythm section threatened to punch it off.

:ohmy:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm not sure I ever saw chort's " 'punch'-line " before! aaaaaaaaa! :lol: *tears*

Now, if I did see it AND forgot it ........

....... :tsk::tsk: shame on me for forgetting such a riotuosly
brilliant line/"supposition" !

I hope you'll all be here all week! and i will tip :beer: the servers well. :D

i realize i didn't even really catch this thread in realtime until 7 or 8 pages in; while starting from the start and click & dragging some goodies into my computer.

How could i miss this? Now it makes sense my home net connection fizzled out 2 months before this thread was posted! There was almost no time elsewhere to check through it.
Since part of my plans were postponed for tomorrow I could take it easy when I got home.

I figured, ah! I could peruse this thread from the beginning since I now had an inkling that i'd missed alot of early stuff (at least).

eyelinerbonogrammys2009.jpg~original

bonogrammysbeethoven.jpg~original

bonogrammys2-8-2009.jpg~original

u2grammys2009.jpg~original
gleep! :ohmy:

:drool:

I frikking missed this!
I had no idea that he/they even performed with him wearing the guyliner! How did I.... *sputters* :grumpy: ( I will YT this tomorrow! :ohmy: :hyper: :lol:)

:applaud: comet :applaud:

thank you, comet, for this labor of love!

so funny i forgot in some places that i posted. i recognized the posts - but forgot i did so! [Ugh...it's been a looooong sloggy Winter in the NE USA :crack: We just dodged a minorish storm for us in a smaller section. And hoping NO (early) April snow storm either!]

Been great fun and dancing hormones tonigh twith the very photogenic & photonic bono man! And everyone's comments! :D
Be looking foward to moar!

Request.... anyone have some pics of Bono in Berlin, or at least between Lovetown & Zoo TV? :sexywink: I watched "From the Sky Down" today for the first time! :hyper: (also working on something and need some inspiration :D )

Oh my, first time on FTSD? What a treat. Bono was really looking so exceptional at that time, and did anybody else ever notice that there are Berlin photos of Adam and Edge both wearing the same jumper? They were trading. :cute:

Also, I totally love that photo of them all laughing together. Bono is not the only adorable one in there. :heart:

that one with B at the piano.... lovely/ artistic photo.

Are these in Ireland, Germany or both?

If any are from Germany where B's wearing the black hat- interesting, because that hat has such visual association with him/JT look, and thet they are (maybe) in Germany working on chopping down the JT tree as he transitions towards The Fly.

that one with B at the piano.... lovely/ artistic photo.

Are these in Ireland, Germany or both?

If any are from Germany where B's wearing the black hat- interesting, because that hat has such visual association with him/JT look, and thet they are (maybe) in Germany working on chopping down the JT tree as he transitions towards The Fly.

They are all Berlin (with the hat and at the piano) except the color photo signing autographs which is Tenerife.

AHHH thank you bonocomet :hyper: These are gorgeous! (new desktop wallpaper - with the trabbie :love: ) Made my night :heart: jeevey, totally a treat :D

dazzledbylight, that's why I find this transition so fascinating - you can see both eras in one (corny, I know :D). Is it bad that I want Bono's coat from these pics?

On a side note, can I just express my love/jealousy/amusement for Zoo performances of TTTYAATW? :wink: I love how he slinks around with the bottle, lol. I'm sure this has been around forever... (hope it's ok to post YT videos?) Hope this song comes back on whatever tour is next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzkARpWGX_w

I must get back to updating this thread, but I finally rescanned this one so I wanted to add it.

bonoberlinfeb1992acfxx.jpg~original

We had a discussion in ETYKIW the other day about exactly who wore the black feather boa. CK thought Adam, I thought Bono. And isn't there one of Larry in it?

comet, do you have all the drag photos collected in a single place? I was thinking today what an amazing thing to behold that would be.

comet, do you have all the drag photos collected in a single place? I was thinking today what an amazing thing to behold that would be.

:hmm: I'm not sure if they are all posted here in one place, probably somewhere... but we could certainly do it again. How about in the Misc pics thread? I could go get it started now.

I think that's my favorite period of Bono hair. Didn't he have a similar look for a very short while around the time of Womanfish? Sometimes I get those images confused with the Berlin period.

That is some glorious hair. I'm with you on that one. I have never been a fan of the JT hair, just too long. But this here is magnificent.

I think that's my favorite period of Bono hair. Didn't he have a similar look for a very short while around the time of Womanfish?

I was thinking the same thing! I love that look on him. He looks so ruggedly handsome.

Back
Top Bottom