How to create avatars - Help! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-31-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
New Yorker
 
Angel-Of-Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Argentina
Posts: 3,001
Local Time: 11:02 PM
How to create avatars - Help!

The title says it all

I once tried to use an online avatar creator, but it didn't seem to work (The page's background was white, and the letters were red. I can't recall it's name, though)

Thanks!
__________________

Angel-Of-Harlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:10 AM   #2
Refugee
 
popmartlemon93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London Calling
Posts: 2,097
Local Time: 02:02 AM
....well, you can make them with things just as simple as microsoft paint. Photoshop works a treat too. Even microsoft picture viewer allows you to crop images and such...what were you trying to do in particular with this avi lol?
__________________

popmartlemon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:57 AM   #3
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 04:02 AM
Do you want to make special avatars or just a smaller cropped picture with some text on it? For the latter you can, as popmartlemon said, use paint.
If you want some special effects, cropped people and such, I'd recommend Photoshop.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict
 
Andreianloth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the city of blinding lights-MISSING THE CLAW IN SAO PAULO!
Posts: 20,466
Local Time: 12:02 AM
I also use Paint but have another one that is free called Serif PhotoPlus
Andreianloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #5
New Yorker
 
Angel-Of-Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Argentina
Posts: 3,001
Local Time: 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by popmartlemon93 View Post
....well, you can make them with things just as simple as microsoft paint. Photoshop works a treat too. Even microsoft picture viewer allows you to crop images and such...what were you trying to do in particular with this avi lol?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Do you want to make special avatars or just a smaller cropped picture with some text on it? For the latter you can, as popmartlemon said, use paint.
If you want some special effects, cropped people and such, I'd recommend Photoshop.
The thing is pics are sometimes quite big to crop them with Paint or a picture viewer...
I'd only like to know how to make them smaller (100x100) without making them blurry (that's my problem with Paint)
Angel-Of-Harlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
Blue Crack Addict
 
Andreianloth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the city of blinding lights-MISSING THE CLAW IN SAO PAULO!
Posts: 20,466
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-Of-Harlem View Post
The thing is pics are sometimes quite big to crop them with Paint or a picture viewer...
I'd only like to know how to make them smaller (100x100) without making them blurry (that's what happens with Paint, at least in my case)
Try to use this one: Serif PhotoPlus download

I made my new avi with it.
Andreianloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:40 PM   #7
New Yorker
 
Angel-Of-Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Argentina
Posts: 3,001
Local Time: 11:02 PM
^ I'll try to see how it works
Unless it's in portuguese... I won't understand it
Anyway, thank you!!
Angel-Of-Harlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict
 
Andreianloth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the city of blinding lights-MISSING THE CLAW IN SAO PAULO!
Posts: 20,466
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-Of-Harlem View Post
^ I'll try to see how it works
Unless it's in portuguese... I won't understand it
Anyway, thank you!!
Okay!
Yeah,sorry,I don't found in english or spanish
But it's easy...if you couldn't understand,let me know,alright?
You're welcome!
Andreianloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #9
Refugee
 
popmartlemon93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: London Calling
Posts: 2,097
Local Time: 02:02 AM
You can easily resize things on microsoft picture viewer....it lets you put in the preferred size...
popmartlemon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
Andreianloth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the city of blinding lights-MISSING THE CLAW IN SAO PAULO!
Posts: 20,466
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Much more easy
Andreianloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #11
Galeonbroad
 
Galeongirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Schoo Fishtank
Posts: 70,778
Local Time: 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel-Of-Harlem View Post
The thing is pics are sometimes quite big to crop them with Paint or a picture viewer...
I'd only like to know how to make them smaller (100x100) without making them blurry (that's my problem with Paint)
I use Irfanview for that. Google it, it's a very very easy to use program.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceRyan View Post
And if U2 EVER did Hawkmoon live....and the version from the Lovetown Tour, my uterus would leave my body and fling itself at Bono - for realz.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #12
Blue Crack Addict
 
Andreianloth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the city of blinding lights-MISSING THE CLAW IN SAO PAULO!
Posts: 20,466
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
I use Irfanview for that. Google it, it's a very very easy to use program.
I agree
Andreianloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:29 AM   #13
New Yorker
 
Angel-Of-Harlem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Argentina
Posts: 3,001
Local Time: 11:02 PM
^^ Thanks for the info, GG!
I'm downloading it
Angel-Of-Harlem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 09:34 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
Andreianloth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: In the city of blinding lights-MISSING THE CLAW IN SAO PAULO!
Posts: 20,466
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Hope you get it,Lu
__________________

Andreianloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
avatar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com