Another New Incredible Bono Shades Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Situation at 8:38 PM Italy time -

emerald green we have a total of 8 .....
red lense we have a total of 6 .....

go peoples go !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I could have helped, but the deal on eBay met my price range much better. I would still love to see you guys get them. COME ON GUYS, THIS IS A GOOD DEAL.

to everyone that ready have the 226 emerald green, :confused: please let me know the exact code on the arms of the sunglasses because I don't want to wast time and money of my friends but I have a doubt that the seller sent me a wrong picture of the sunglasses :scratch:. To be sure that we go to buy the right shades I ask the seller to tell me the code ( the code is 2M4 ) :scratch: so I can see if it is the same of the 226 emerald in your possesion , but I fear this is not the right code, I think they are the light brown :banghead:

to everyone that ready have the 226 emerald green, :confused: please let me know the exact code on the arms of the sunglasses because I don't want to wast time and money of my friends but I have a doubt that the seller sent me a wrong picture of the sunglasses :scratch:. To be sure that we go to buy the right shades I ask the seller to tell me the code ( the code is 2M4 ) :scratch: so I can see if it is the same of the 226 emerald in your possesion , but I fear this is not the right code, I think they are the light brown :banghead:

Maybe thé only thing to do is to get red ones instead :|:|

There is someone on ebay selling the Romeo Gigli 191 in yellow lense and also the Romeo Gigli 226's in red lense for $25.00 U.S. new in case. Try ebay.ca and then search for the glasses. I just picked up a pair of the RG 191 in yellow... And the auction isnt mine.... i dont want to get in trouble....

Rg 226's

The code on the light brown 226's are 7MR. I have the glasses....

Looking for EA 9285

Hello everyone, just wondering if
anyone is selling, or wanting to sell
a 9285. I'm looking for the dark lens
either color KJ1/NA or kJ1/95.
Please send me an email
thx. ( vfavrin@yahoo.com):wave:

hell i would do the green, brown, either one :wave:

i would prefer the green though...did you get confirmation?

believe me burning, colour code for green are 2M4 ... :sexywink:
I´ll put a pic later with all codes for colours of 226 :D:D

Hi Friends,
Damn I can't wait :waiting: at end I will risk, today I will buy the Romeo Gigli 226 -
10 Red
10 Orange
10 Pink
10 presunted Green
and when I receive the sunglasses I will post the pictures,

BURNING FLAG:

The exact code on the greens are: RG226/S 2M4

The exact code on the red/pink are: RG226/S 2M5

I bought these when they first came out.

If you do buy ANY orange pairs, I will want one of them.

I'm not aware that there are two styles of red/pink. Do you have pics?

Hi Friends,
Damn I can't wait :waiting: at end I will risk, today I will buy the Romeo Gigli 226 -
10 Red
10 Orange
10 Pink
10 presunted Green
and when I receive the sunglasses I will post the pictures,

What is the diference between orange and red?
Can anyone put some pics?
Maybe I can buy one of these too :hmm:

I'll be honest I think the confusion with the orange/red or pink/red is just the way the various pictures have been taken. I don't think there's a proper 'red' model made, just pink and orange. The giveaway clue imo is the frame color. If there was a red, almost assuredly the frame color would be silver, but in the pictures that people think are red, the frames are absolutely gold. Which more closely links that picture to the orange model. The orange would end up looking a bit reddish depending on what surface was behind them, the flash, lighting, etc. I think there's just pink and orange. But could be wrong!

I'll be honest I think the confusion with the orange/red or pink/red is just the way the various pictures have been taken. I don't think there's a proper 'red' model made, just pink and orange. The giveaway clue imo is the frame color. If there was a red, almost assuredly the frame color would be silver, but in the pictures that people think are red, the frames are absolutely gold. Which more closely links that picture to the orange model. The orange would end up looking a bit reddish depending on what surface was behind them, the flash, lighting, etc. I think there's just pink and orange. But could be wrong!

Definitely agree that lighting can be deceiving. Ads we see are have pro lighting and shots of B often are aided by major lighting - the type that rarely we have on us (unless any of you kind folks are routinely hounded by paparazzi).

Anyway, we've batted around the question of whether there really is a "red" 226.

Re: what Gabe is saying about the frames/rims...

I have owned the ones that have the gold frames - those are orange lenses, no question. I sold those so I don't have the model #. I own the ones with the silver frames - these are really orange/brown - definitely not red. I also own the so called pink ones which are really more like maroon and they have silver frames.

Its always possible the "red" ones that are linked to the ones B wore at MTV awards are really custom made and actually are red. Not sure.

Definitely agree that lighting can be deceiving. Ads we see are have pro lighting and shots of B often are aided by major lighting - the type that rarely we have on us (unless any of you kind folks are routinely hounded by paparazzi).

Anyway, we've batted around the question of whether there really is a "red" 226.

I have owned the ones that have the gold frames - those are orange lenses, no question. I sold those so I don't have the model #. I own the ones with the silver frames - these are really orange/brown - definitely not red. I also own the so called pink ones which are really more like maroon and they have silver frames.

Its always possible the "red" ones that are linked to the ones B wore at MTV awards are really custom made and actually are red. Not sure.

Do you have a pic of those MTV glasses? If it's these they are 99.99% positively the pink/red ones with silver frames, color 2M5:
1091488.jpg

I've got pics on another hard drive of me wearing these onstage and in flourescent lighting and they do in fact look more red than pink, just like in Bono's picture there.

Also..I recently saw the brown and golds on another site. They look almost black the way the picture was taken. In the picture on about page 10 or so of this thread with the multiple styles, they look almost light brown. I'm convinced they are the same pair, just different lighting.

Wait - you said you have orange/brown lenses with SILVER frames? You got a pic/color code? I'd like to see what they look like!

Hi ,
I have the pink one and they really look pink ( clear pink at sunlight and dark pink at shadow ) but alway Pink, about the difference of the Red/gold rims and Orange/silver rims I will post in a few days the difference because I'M waiting the stock of ten both kind of sunglasses

Do you have a pic of those MTV glasses? If it's these they are 99.99% positively the pink/red ones with silver frames, color 2M5:
1091488.jpg

I've got pics on another hard drive of me wearing these onstage and in flourescent lighting and they do in fact look more red than pink, just like in Bono's picture there.

If this is the MTV awards and are the same as the ones he wore onstage that night, then I'm convinced they were the pink ones all along. In this shot here, these are definitely how my pink ones look.

Also..I recently saw the brown and golds on another site. They look almost black the way the picture was taken. In the picture on about page 10 or so of this thread with the multiple styles, they look almost light brown. I'm convinced they are the same pair, just different lighting.

Agreed. But the 226s do come in a very light brown/gold that are different than those.

Wait - you said you have orange/brown lenses with SILVER frames? You got a pic/color code? I'd like to see what they look like!

Don't have them on me, but here are a few only so so shots of them, not the best, but here they are:

Romeo Gigli 226 pictures by soundmercury - Photobucket

The orange ones w/ the gold rims that I sold were very orange, not red. Don't have a photo of those.

1091488.jpg

If this shot is from the MTV awards and if they are the same as the ones he wore onstage that night, then I'm convinced they were the pink ones all along. In this shot here, these are definitely how my pink ones look. No question at all.

Funny, someone just put on ebay what they're calling the red ones with the gold rims. If you go to the photos there's 3 shots. The middle one shows what they really look like. I had these, and they are definitely orange. No question.

Hi ,
I have the pink one and they really look pink ( clear pink at sunlight and dark pink at shadow ) but alway Pink, about the difference of the Red/gold rims and Orange/silver rims I will post in a few days the difference because I'M waiting the stock of ten both kind of sunglasses

Wait... you're buying 40 pairs of glasses at $70 Euros each pair = $2800 euros? :huh:

Curious: anyone know where to get those Exte's that someone on here got? I gotta say, of any of his old models, those babies could actually be worn right now and be in style! I'd wear them just for regular wear, they're cool!

Exte glasses....

Curious: anyone know where to get those Exte's that someone on here got? I gotta say, of any of his old models, those babies could actually be worn right now and be in style! I'd wear them just for regular wear, they're cool!

Gabe the person selling the EXTE glasses on Ebay. There name on Ebay is cangurio. They are in Italy... Hope you get the glasses..

Hi burning
If I still can and it´s possible, I´ll take green :drool: (as I told you) and pink :cute:
All right? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom