U2 performed on the Late Late Show Tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it just me or did they seem to be playing it just a little bit slower than it should be? Maybe its just me. Also, Bono's face watching Larry diss Blair was :lol:

oh my god i am so glad i didn't sell my tix the other day - i am so skint i was seriously considering putting them on ebay along with a kidney lmfao

that was all kinds of loveliness . . . . thanks so much for posting . . .lovely thing to wake up to on a rainy rainy rainy sunday morning :happydance:

(pst . . . dumb question alert :D . . .is there any way to save the you tube stuff to my computer / hard drive / thumb drive??? :reject: )

^ You can use a site called keepvid.com or you install the freeware Real Player that enables you to download flash videos from the net.

Wow, I'm impressed! That was really good interview! All of them (specially Bono and Larry) expressed their views in a really clear and nice way. Sometimes their answers is a little all over the place and don't really reveal so much, but not on this one. Really good interview. Larry in particular was really great.

dang, I hope Bono can keep his voice like this into Sept and Oct. That performance along with the Island Records songs makes me think he might have quit smoking or gotten surgery again. Whatever it is, his voice is kickin.

Usually when Edge plays that Music Rising guitar he's miming (see: performance on Japanese TV and performance at Cannes).

Adam fussing about hygeine. Why does that not surprise me? :lol:

:lol: I needed to watch it three times until I finally realised what they were on about. :doh:

2. The band is hot esp. Bono

3. The audience was lukewarm.

Yep, they're clearly gearing up and are in practise, you can see and hear that. They are in good shape and sound awsome!

And the audience always seems lukewarm in tv broadcasts. I thought for a tv show they were pretty good.

strange...i wonder if Bono is using some kind of customised vocoder on that...the low frequencies sound obvious
and it's just like there was some kind of weird delay on the mid-notes, ...not so natural, but i find the result not bad at all
i noticed that he sounded like that on some promo-vid (from their studio) a few mounth ago, can't remember which one

Um no, the You Tube video has a little delay on the audio, most of the videos do. Apart from that, sounds fine to me. No speculation about Bono playbacking, please. Why can't people just accept a good performance.

in fact i'didn't mean that he was playbacking, he was obviously live
his pitch and register sound unusualy high (speaking for the 2000 years era)

he has the same tone on NLOTH #2

i just thought he might use some kind of frequency filter o stuff like that, sort of bonoish vocoder
would be great if he could fit in that register on tour...imagine he could sing some oldies in the right tone again
if there is a device so be it! ;-)

I think this performace was AMAZING!!!!!:drool::drool::drool:

But I Have a request...

Could Someone post the U2Torrents file here???
'Cause I Want so Bad this with a Good Quality...and i can't download the torrents from the Site...So If Someone post Another link to U2 torrents file I Would Be really gratefull!!!:cute::cute:

Sorry for My BAD English....:reject:

dang, I hope Bono can keep his voice like this into Sept and Oct. That performance along with the Island Records songs makes me think he might have quit smoking or gotten surgery again. Whatever it is, his voice is kickin.

According to an interview a few months ago (just before NLOTH was released), he's currently not smoking. Let me see if I can find which one it is...

Oh, here it is: Just the 2 of U - The Irish Times - Fri, Feb 27, 2009

Regarding MOS: “I’m not smoking now, but on occasion, you know ... that’s a real wine and cigarettes voice.”

Back
Top Bottom