U2.com getting re-designed in 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Edge89

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Just read this on
U2Valencia.com - Ch? U2!?
Dear XXX,

With the band in the studio writing and recording new songs, it looks like 2009 is going to be a big year for U2. It's also going to be a big year for U2.Com: the site is going to have a whole new look and feel, and we're going to have a whole lot of new music to talk about.

As we're still finalizing the details of our 2009 Subscription offer, we're holding off on our usual invitation to you about this time of year to resubscribe to U2.Com.

But don't worry! If your subscription is set to expire in the next couple of months, we're going to automatically extend it until the launch of the new offer. We'll be writing to you again with details of the 2009 subscription package.

Thanks for being part of the U2.Com community. Now check out the latest behind-the-scenes videos that the band have been shooting for U2.Com.

best wishes.
U2.Com Team

Dear XXX,

'We've hit a rich songwriting vein and we don't want to stop.' That's what Bono told U2.Com a while back and that's why the band are still in the studio finishing up their new record.

According to The Edge, in an interview just posted for subscribers, "The overall feeling of the record is of new ideas not heard on a U2 album before."

Looks like 2009 is going to be a big year for the band - it's also going to be a a big year for U2.Com. The site is going to have a whole new look and feel - and we're going to have a whole lot of new music from U2 to talk about.

As a U2.Com subscriber, you'll be first to know about the new record and the new site.

And, if your annual subscription is set to run out before the end of 2008, don't worry we will be extending your benefits until the launch of the new site in early 2009. We'll be mailing you with more details.

Meantime, there's plenty of action on the U2.Com Subscriber site right now. Most weeks the band are making us video clips from the studio - in this one Adam captures Edge finger-picking his way through a new melody while here Edge interviews Larry about whether his arms ever get tired as a drummer.

Even the U2.Com Shop is getting a makeover for 2009 - which means that a whole range of U2 T-shirts are now on special offer at just $8. Thanks for subscribing to U2.Com, we'll be back to you soon with more news on the album and our new site.

best wishes.
U2.Com Team

:hyper:

Cool. It looks like that they are going to change the design of the site everytime a new album comes out.

So does this mean that they will have offered subscription before any tour details are released? I know I want to subscribe for 2009 so as to potentially get an earlier shot at tickets.

Does this mean they're replacing the current chimpanzees who run the site with an advanced race of super-apes?

An advanced race of super-apes that know how to fact-check is exactly what U2.com needs.

An advanced race of super-apes that know how to fact-check is exactly what U2.com needs.

0002.gif

Maybe they could hire someone to write interesting things besides, "Guess what fans? The Edge was at a ceremony last night. He said a few words. Then he left."

Yeah, but do you sign up now, or wait for the new subscription offers to be announced???

What do you think is going to happen when they make that announcement?

New folks and old folks will be trying to (re)subcribe around the same time. Is Fanfire going to be capable to handle this amount of traffic at once? I renewed last week for this reason. I recently got an email acknowledging my renewal and to let me know that I will be getting the '09 package. So, all I do now is wait.

What do you think is going to happen when they make that announcement?

New folks and old folks will be trying to (re)subcribe around the same time. Is Fanfire going to be capable to handle this amount of traffic at once? I renewed last week for this reason. I recently got an email acknowledging my renewal and to let me know that I will be getting the '09 package. So, all I do now is wait.

Ah right makes sense. I take you don't pay for the 2008 year's subscription as well tho?? Probably a silly question....

I paid for 2008 back in Nov. 2007.

The same day that I decided to renew for 2009 (last week), my profile page date acknowledged that I was paid thru 2009. What ever date you decide to start up a new account becomes your deadline day for the next year's subscription. That is usually the case, but all bets are off now that the renewal dates have been taken down for those with accounts already.

Back
Top Bottom