SUCs of other bands?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you've seen R.E.M. live and you reckon Everybody Hurts and Losing My Religion (especially LMR) are meh, then there's no point in me yelling at you because you are obviously deaf.

If you've seen R.E.M. live and you reckon Everybody Hurts and Losing My Religion (especially LMR) are meh, then there's no point in me yelling at you because you are obviously deaf.

I don't care if the crowd loves Everybody Hurts, I still hate it.

#sorrynotsorry

I do still like Losing My Religion, though.

Everybody Hurts is a good song and great music video. It just got co-opted by the grief industry and overplayed when it first came out.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah, I loved it when it first came out. And great video. I got tired of it really quickly, though, and it never bounced back.

Everybody Hurts is a good song and great music video. It just got co-opted by the grief industry and overplayed when it first came out.

I lump in Everybody Hurts with Don't Give Up by Peter Gabriel: attempts at sad-but-uplifting music that just sound kind of boring on their exceptional respective albums.

The video was filmed in my hometown, they were building new highway but it hadn't opened yet. I was there, skipped school, but don't show up in the video. Another schoolmate of mine is actually visible in the video, he was 'vato #2' or something like that, lol

I lump in Everybody Hurts with Don't Give Up by Peter Gabriel: attempts at sad-but-uplifting music that just sound kind of boring on their exceptional respective albums.

Sacrilege!!

Screen_Shot_2016_08_02_at_12_53_17_PM.png

yeah, wild honey pie is too short to hate on so much. i know a lot of people would go with revolution 9 but i do think it was a genuinely ambitious and ahead of its time attempt at building a song with no actual instruments.

Indeed revolution 9 it is. Somewhat bizzare given Lennon even in his most drugged up/Yoko induced "artist" late Beatles years was capable of so much better.

Also : interesting to see one of the most famous rock songs of the last 25 years get so much flack. When did we start to bash good music ?

:lol:

I'm laughing at the excellent gif use, not your opinion, which I actually agree with.

My friends and family all know me as the gif guy. I have hundreds saved to my phone. Some people don't understand that it's not just a fun way of communicating, it's an art.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friends and family all know me as the gif guy. I have hundreds saved to my phone. Some people don't understand that it's not just a fun way of communicating, it's an art.

If gifs are an art form..then your taste in gifs >>>>>>> your taste in music

:ohsnap:

And by extension then, Donald Trump gifs =
You guessed it:
ENEMY OF ART

If gifs are an art form..then your taste in gifs >>>>>>> your taste in music

:ohsnap:

And by extension then, Donald Trump gifs =
You guessed it:
ENEMY OF ART

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Strange Currencies >>>>> Everybody Hurts

I don't get the Everybody Hurts hate though because I wasn't paying attention to mainstream radio until the late 90s. It's a decent enough song. Just like 8th or 9th best on Automatic.

Strange Currencies >>>>> Everybody Hurts

I don't get the Everybody Hurts hate though because I wasn't paying attention to mainstream radio until the late 90s. It's a decent enough song. Just like 8th or 9th best on Automatic.

:up:

I love Strange Currencies. Easily in my top 10 REM songs from the 90's.

Indeed revolution 9 it is. Somewhat bizzare given Lennon even in his most drugged up/Yoko induced "artist" late Beatles years was capable of so much better.

Also : interesting to see one of the most famous rock songs of the last 25 years get so much flack. When did we start to bash good music ?

absolutely nothing in this post makes any sense.

If Arcade Fire - per an earlier post - have a Stand Up Comedy, it's Here Comes The Night Time (not coincidentally one of Win Butler's most bonoism-laden moments).

That Windowsill song is more like their Crumbs From Your Table.

Consensus would say that Rococo is their SUC. I don't think they have any songs that bad. I get the pretentious argument but even at Win's worst the music is still good.

Consensus would say that Rococo is their SUC. I don't think they have any songs that bad. I get the pretentious argument but even at Win's worst the music is still good.

I like Rococo. Does everyone hate it or something?

Back
Top Bottom