Grammy awards 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
e51f14e6-b22c-41fd-abd7-9dcb332f4314.jpg

give the mother fucker all da grammy

Exactly! Gotta kick that shit old school.

I think the talkbox was a precursor to autotune. I remember that song I Want To Be Your Man by Roger Troutman back in 1987. He utilized that device a lot. :lol:

Peter Frampton? No? I love how he uses talk box.

I would discuss that further...if you had made any attempt to create a parallel instead of just putting names together in a meager attempt to lampoon an article you didn't read.
I did read the article.
It just seemed neither here nor there to me.
Examples of artists losing their mums at an early age are plentiful.
Artists having an ego bigger than the moon, again plentiful.
The Yoko Ono - Kim Kardashian comparison is plain silly, actually I do find that an insult to Yoko Ono.

So it's not so much that the Lennon - Kanye comparison doesn't make sense, they have things in common. They had more things not in common though.
To me this article is a prime example of cherry picking.

Ye is using autotune right now in New York City. Blood on the Leaves. Sounds fucking awesome, and is necessary in developing the tone of the song along with the mental TNGHT beat.

But nah, he's just a talentless idiot who needs voice correction :rolleyes:

Hey cobl04, I didn't realize you and "Ye" knew each other personally? Me and B (Bono) are the best of friends too :wink:

So with all this talk about his highness we forgot to discuss some of the other aspects of this year's Granny's ......oh sorry I mean Grammy's. Do you guys think that AC/DC should have thrown in the towel after their last album? I mean Malcolm Young is suffering from dementia and Phil Rudd is up for charges of threatening to kill and drug possession. Perhaps this is a sign from the universe that it's time to hang up the school boy uniform Angus.

But nah, he's just a talentless idiot who needs voice correction :rolleyes:

He has talent, he's just not a singer. He needs voice correction. It can be both ways, you disciples should stop making this either/ or argument.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I just wanted to bring back one of my fav Interland comments:

"______________ is talentless scum" and unfortunately Kanye got in the way.

I don't see why the ideas that Mr West is 1) a genius, 2) an asshole, and 3) mentally ill are in any way at odds with one another.

I think it's likely he's mentally ill. For reals. No sane person would be so unaware.

I think it's nearly unarguable that he's a genius. Honestly, MBDTF changed how I hear music.

Sent from

The comparisons between Kanye and Lennon are quite interesting:

1. Both lost their moms.
2. Both married a woman mainstream media hates.
3. Both are/were great at attracting attention to themselves.
4. Both altered their vocals quite a bit.. Kanye through autotune and Lennon through double tracking.
5. Both are great lyricists and songwriters, but at best both, were subpar musicians who through association with great musicians and producers, both created great music.
6. Both were/are quite eccentric. Kanye comparing himself to Jesus and Lennon claiming the Beatles were bigger than Jesus.
7. Both were/are incredibly flawed men. While Kanye might have some mental issues, or some incredibly annoying un-diagnosed case of aspergers and some anger management issues, Lennon was a well known wife abuser and emotionally abused his first son.
8. Both at least liked art.

7. Both were/are incredibly flawed men.Lennon was a well known wife abuser

Really? I never knew that. I just recently learned that Bing Crosby was a real dick to his kids but I think that came out in a biography one of his children wrote. Also, Johnny Carson also was a wife beater, which I never knew(apparently it wasn't a well kept secret in Hollywood).

Really? I never knew that. I just recently learned that Bing Crosby was a real dick to his kids but I think that came out in a biography one of his children wrote. Also, Johnny Carson also was a wife beater, which I never knew(apparently it wasn't a well kept secret in Hollywood).

"I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved . . ." was written by Lennon...

In a 1980 interview in Playboy with John Lennon and Yoko Ono, Lennon, when asked about the song, commiserated that the song's lyrics came personally from his own experience abusing women in relationships in the past. He states: "It is a diary form of writing. All that "I used to be cruel to my woman, I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved" was me. I used to be cruel to my woman, and physically -- any woman. I was a hitter. I couldn't express myself and I hit. I fought men and I hit women. That is why I am always on about peace, you see. It is the most violent people who go for love and peace. Everything's the opposite. But I sincerely believe in love and peace. I am a violent man who has learned not to be violent and regrets his violence. I will have to be a lot older before I can face in public how I treated women as a youngster."

I refer you to my previous post from the other day: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7914270

Credited to Lennon-McCartney but written solely by John.

So with all this talk about his highness we forgot to discuss some of the other aspects of this year's Granny's ......oh sorry I mean Grammy's. Do you guys think that AC/DC should have thrown in the towel after their last album? I mean Malcolm Young is suffering from dementia and Phil Rudd is up for charges of threatening to kill and drug possession. Perhaps this is a sign from the universe that it's time to hang up the school boy uniform Angus.

Since they just announced a stadium tour, I'd say no the universe isn't telling them to hang it up.

For Phil Rudd, dirty deeds weren't done dirt cheap. One of my old buddies from school lost a major bet by swearing they were singing "Dirty deeds, dunder chief"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom