Achtung Baby BOXSET reissue - Number 6 - THIS THREAD IS ÜBER DELUXE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Globo14

Refugee
Being we're gonna need a new thread within the next few minutes anyway, might as well start it.

Goings-on of the last thread:

1. NTSC/PAL DVD debate
2. IT'S ARRIVED!!!
3. MINE HAS SHIPPED!!!
4. WHERE IS IT?!?!?!?

Continue the discussion...

I dream of the day mine actually ships. At least I can listen to all the music in the meantime.

Oh, I did get my 2-disc at least today.... but it's no Uber....

photouu.png

Aww, thanks Amazon! Always looking out for me.

I wonder how many of us have the 2 disc version while we wait for something bigger to show up in the mail? Seems like quite a few.

I wonder how many of us have the 2 disc version while we wait for something bigger to show up in the mail? Seems like quite a few.

It's actually beautiful, a fluffier version of the one I've had for 20 years...

Actually, Amazon.ca gave me $20 discount on my next purchase since they're making me wait for my Uber. I just spent it a little while ago on a second 2-disc. I know, silly, but it was almost exactly the right price, seemed fitting, and well, its beautiful! :)

Being we're gonna need a new thread within the next few minutes anyway, might as well start it.

Goings-on of the last thread:

1. NTSC/PAL DVD debate
2. IT'S ARRIVED!!!
3. MINE HAS SHIPPED!!!
4. WHERE IS IT?!?!?!?

Continue the discussion...

5. IS IT REMASTERED?

:sad:

So...I've discovered more issues with these sets.

My Super Deluxe finally arrived today by carrier pigeon...a day late. I tried to catch the pigeon but it flew away, so I called Amazon. They said they will find out which pigeon is responsible and withold its bird seed for two days.

With the set in hand, I was then dismayed to discover that none of the content will play on my 78rpm gramophone player? It is a relatively new model, from 1932 I think? I've played UK and US discs on it before and all has been okay.

Then I noticed that most of the artwork in this set is in colour. I didn't even know colour pictures had been invented. This is discrimination against those that are colour-blind, like me. I therefore want all the artwork to be in black & white.

And finally, I discover that all of the wording in the 92-page book is printed. I fully expected it to be handwritten with a quill and the finest ink.

What were Universal thinking? How could they issue a set with all these problems...it's a disgrace.

So, I invite any experts on pigeons, gramophones, colour pictures and calligraphy to post. Please be as rude and as argumentative as you can be. In return, I will treat your replies with contempt whilst spending hours dissecting them in minute detail and responding in the same way. I will also look at all the posts you have ever made on the site just to find that one sentence that justifies what I am saying and makes me right...and you wrong. I shall continue to do this until even I have no idea what I am saying anymore.

Meanwhile, I will continue to ignore those who post pointing out the futility of the argument. Indeed, this will make me even more determined to win. I will be oblivious to the fact that most forum members are having a laugh at my expense. I will do all this because I have to WIN...I have to be RIGHT. Only then will I stop and gloat over my victory.

Or...I might just relax...enjoy the music...and then go to bed.

Tough choice:D

The "kindergarten" version of Who's gonna ride your wild horses is stunning, unbelievable, awesome and all other sorts of good words. Bono at his finest, voice, lyrics - Hearing that version for the first time blasting in my car was well worth 130 bucks alone

The "kindergarden" version of Who's gonna ride your wild horses is stunning, unbelievable, awesome and all other sorts of good words. Bono at his finest, voice, lyrics - Hearing that version for the first time blasting in my car was well worth 130 bucks

My god...someone actually posted about the artistic content of the set...big shout out to you 'Gonna Run 2 U'

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

May I say that for the cost of the Uber set, we should at least be able to see Adam's dong?

Currently licking mine

Apparently imagining it was uncensored was enough.

I'm afraid if you don't know the answer to that question by now, you never will. :hmm: :)

I failed to notice my 25,000th post had happened. :sad:

Thanks for pointing it out, friends.

Yes, for those who havent heard it yet - its that good. Better than album version, imo

I don't think so. It's a more accessible track, but the album version opens with that amazing dissonance between the violin in one speaker and the distorted guitar in the other, and it takes the song to a much darker, deeper place.

The Temple Bar version can go fuck itself, as can the neutered acoustic version from the last two tours.

The production on the album version does it justice but I like a lot of Bono's lyrics on the Kindergarten version. He sounds a bit more passionate in certain places on the "garten" one too. In my ears anyway :hmm:

So...I've discovered more issues with these sets.

My Super Deluxe finally arrived today by carrier pigeon...a day late. I tried to catch the pigeon but it flew away, so I called Amazon. They said they will find out which pigeon is responsible and withold its bird seed for two days.

With the set in hand, I was then dismayed to discover that none of the content will play on my 78rpm gramophone player? It is a relatively new model, from 1932 I think? I've played UK and US discs on it before and all has been okay.

Then I noticed that most of the artwork in this set is in colour. I didn't even know colour pictures had been invented. This is discrimination against those that are colour-blind, like me. I therefore want all the artwork to be in black & white.

And finally, I discover that all of the wording in the 92-page book is printed. I fully expected it to be handwritten with a quill and the finest ink.

What were Universal thinking? How could they issue a set with all these problems...it's a disgrace.

So, I invite any experts on pigeons, gramophones, colour pictures and calligraphy to post. Please be as rude and as argumentative as you can be. In return, I will treat your replies with contempt whilst spending hours dissecting them in minute detail and responding in the same way. I will also look at all the posts you have ever made on the site just to find that one sentence that justifies what I am saying and makes me right...and you wrong. I shall continue to do this until even I have no idea what I am saying anymore.

Meanwhile, I will continue to ignore those who post pointing out the futility of the argument. Indeed, this will make me even more determined to win. I will be oblivious to the fact that most forum members are having a laugh at my expense. I will do all this because I have to WIN...I have to be RIGHT. Only then will I stop and gloat over my victory.

Or...I might just relax...enjoy the music...and then go to bed.

Tough choice:D

:love: :lmao:

:up: :up:

Back
Top Bottom