WOWY/GLORIA for An Cat Dubh/ITH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8rattoon

The Fly
I am jealous of the lucky dogs at SD 2 who got to see WOWY/Gloria instead of An Cat Dubh and Into the Heart. I am assuming (from reviews) that Gloria was done as a full version. Personally, I think that WOWY/GL are much better live songs (not better songs, necessarily) and I have never seen Gloria in concert before. Amidst rumors that Gloria was played at soundcheck today, perhaps that combination will be a permanent setlist substitution for the second night in each city (hoping...)

For one show only, which combination would everyone like to see live:
WOWY/Gloria or An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart???

How about "Gloria" alone? I've got enough piss breaks between "Sometimes You Can't Yadda Yadda" and "Elevation." If they add "With or Without You" to the rotation on top of that, I don't know if I'll have enough urine to keep up.

Last edited:
WOWY should never be played live ever again.

End of story.

typhoon said:
How about "Gloria" alone? I've got enough piss breaks between "Sometimes You Can't Yadda Yadda" and "Elevation." If they add "With or Without You" to the rotation on top of that, I don't know if I'll have enough urine to keep up.

:lol:

thrillme said:

*Personally I like bass heavy songs* Meaning because the guitar isn't as loud or played fast, the bass stands out more.

Which doesn't change the fact that Bono can't sing WOWY and all post-Zoo WOWY vocal efforts have been a disgrace to the song.

I don't see why everything should be so Bono-centric.

I don't think any of the post Zoo WOWY have been discraceful, granted they havent been as aweeeesome as the JT/Love versions.

He is competent enough to sing it...I would rather hear it than into the heart which I can't even be bothered to give capitals too because it bores me so damn much. An Cat Dubh is nice till the vocals roll in.

Boy was such a limited album - a typical first album.

Give me Gloria/WOWY anyday.

(But if you promise Zoo Station, then I will shut up and bare ITH)

Back
Top Bottom