What is wrong with some people?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vaz, take the time to explain to us what you intended by these two comments.

In response to anitram's question as to whether or not you'd seen a woman ever masturbate in public:

vaz02 said:
Does shoving bottles up their private parts count ?

And then there was this as a follow-up:

vaz02 said:
i personally find it disgusting, especially if its your bottle.

How did you mean for those to be taken, if you're saying you weren't making any jokes.

Am I supposed to read that and think you were at a party or something and saw some woman take your bottle of beer and start masturbating with it and that it disgusted you?

If so, a simple "yes" would have sufficed in response to anitram's question.

anitram said:
I think it's also fair to note that multiple posters here have noted that your posts suggest you have some kind of a hang up regarding perceived persecution of (white?) men, and women's equality issues in general. I've never called you a sexist, but there is most definitely a discernible trend in how you react to some topics.

I have started precisely 2 threads dealing with gender rights of my 239 total threads.

I have raised certain VERY SPECIFIC issues regarding mens' rights, for example, the high rates of suicide among young men in Western societies, the treatment of fathers in the family law courts, and the like.

yolland said:
I think Vincent and joyfulgirl got it right...this man almost certainly has psychological problems that go way beyond any kind of socially inculcated sexist attitudes.

Other than that, this seems to be basically just another "ewww omg gross" shock-value story, and I really don't know that it's worth all the heat it seems to have generated in here. I certainly agree that it's not a funny story or an appropriate occasion for jokes though.

Let's remember that this is a 2 year-old story, that the woman suffered no physical harm and that she is suing, not the creep, but the airline and attendants.

I had fun composing my posts. How ironic if, I alone, found pleasure in them.

INDY500 said:
I had fun composing my posts. How ironic if, I alone, found pleasure in them.

Really? You thought everyone would gather round for a good laugh? Talk about not knowing your audience.

corianderstem said:
vaz, take the time to explain to us what you intended by these two comments.

In response to anitram's question as to whether or not you'd seen a woman ever masturbate in public:

And then there was this as a follow-up:

How did you mean for those to be taken, if you're saying you weren't making any jokes.

Am I supposed to read that and think you were at a party or something and saw some woman take your bottle of beer and start masturbating with it and that it disgusted you?

If so, a simple "yes" would have sufficed in response to anitram's question.

What was wrong with the first quotation ?

Well to cut a story short i was at a party and i went toilet, my mates were drunk and they found a female to perform a sex act using my beer bottle all off which was recorded using a mobile phone or cell phone as you call it. On my return i drank from the bottle and my mates shown me the clip. As you can imagine i was not impressed.

I really should of explained my case but you shouldnt have jumped to conclusions as i find nothing wrong with my posts but if thats the way you interrupted them thats my fault for not explaining.

vaz02 said:

What was wrong with the first quotation ?

Well to cut a story short i was at a party and i went toilet, my mates were drunk and they found a female to perform a sex act using my beer bottle all off which was recorded using a mobile phone or cell phone as you call it. On my return i drank from the bottle and my mates shown me the clip. As you can imagine i was not impressed.

I really should of explained my case but you shouldnt have jumped to conclusions as i find nothing wrong with my posts but if thats the way you interrupted them thats my fault for not explaining.

I think you should find new friends. :huh:

financeguy said:

I think you should find new friends. :huh:

Dont worry i have, as i result i have spent all Sunday explaining to a bunch of strangers that i dont take sexual assault lightly.

INDY500 said:

Let's remember that this is a 2 year-old story, that the woman suffered no physical harm and that she is suing, not the creep, but the airline and attendants.

Well obviously you sue someone who can pay. The creep is probably insolvent.

What I would like to know, is what ever happened to the sick perpetrator? Is he locked up? Is he free? Is he on some plane tonight? :|

financeguy said:

See Martha, if I disagree with a post of yours, it's 'cos I disagree with it, pure and simple.

financeguy said:

Spot on.

Martha's modus operandi on here is to twist people's words to make it look like they're saying something they aren't.

You're not the only one to be on the receiving end of her particular brand of sexism - unfortunately, it's a fairly regular occurence for her to throw sexist abuse at male posters, to misattribute their motives, and to falsely accuse them of sexism - and, in this particular thread - even worse - for her to falsely accuse other posters of not caring about sexual assault.

This isn't pure and simple.

If you actually tried just disagreeing with me, instead of tirades about my motives and perceived sexism, you may get farther. Try it sometime, because we actually agree more times than either one of us wants to admit.

vaz02 said:

Well, to bring that up without full explanation in a discussion about a case of sexual harrassment, I'd say it perhaps was an ... unfortunate place to do so.

But mainly, I don't care to read about women shoving bottles up their yahoos when I come to FYM.

(But thanks for taking the time to explain - I have to say that is indeed pretty disgusting.)

Last edited:
jay canseco said:
What I would like to know, is what ever happened to the sick perpetrator? Is he locked up? Is he free? Is he on some plane tonight? :|

Well I doubt he's locked up. I would think a fine would be in order, but not jail time.

On a side note, at the Texas state fair, some years ago I walked into a public restroom where a man was masturbating at one of the urinals while looking at patrons using the urinals next to his. As I walked out I overheard a man explaining the scenario to a cop, but what he failed to explain(or notice) was the man was obviously mentally retarded. A few minutes later the man was taken out in cuffs. I thought the cuffs were a little inappropriate given the circumstance...

Now this man in the story may not have been mentally retarded, but he obviously has some psychological issues.

corianderstem said:

But mainly, I don't care to read about women shoving bottles up their yahoos when I come to FYM.

Yes my apologies but it was relevant to the question asked, but im sure you don't come to FYM to read about passengers being violated like in the case presented in the first post either.

What strikes me most from reading the article posted in the initial post is how the woman reacted when she woke up. I realise she was probably a bit groggy and I'm not blaming her for what happened, but she acted as if she had something to be ashamed of, instead of being outraged and saying (very loudly) something on the lines of "Uh! What the fuck are you doing? Get away from me, you filthy creep!"

I guess to me some guy you don't know sitting right next to you, staring at you while jacking off on you is a very good reason to make one hell of a commotion and I wonder why she didn't feel she could do that. I can't see a guy curling up and crying if the same thing happened to him, so I wonder if we are still not doing a great job of teaching women to be assertive.

indra said:
but she acted as if she had something to be ashamed of, instead of being outraged and saying (very loudly) something on the lines of "Uh! What the fuck are you doing? Get away from me, you filthy creep!"

Easy to say when it isn't you. We have no idea what kind of person she is, and what else may have happened to her in her life.

martha said:

Easy to say when it isn't you. We have no idea what kind of person she is, and what else may have happened to her in her life.

Well of course I never considered that possibility. :rolleyes: :|

Well, I'm just being realistic. Most sexual offenses that don't involve touching or serious contact don't get jail time.

And I'm not sure what issues this man has, but I'd venture to say he has some mental issues and jail time isn't the answer. This doesn't sound like an issue of power like rape, or someone who meant to cause harm, it sounds like someone who has serious mental issues regarding boundaries... But we really don't know.

I've had four instances in my life that would have fallen into the legal definition of sexual assault. None that I've filed charges on, but one that the state filed charges. All involving older drunken women. Women that feel they have the right to grab my crotch or try and place their hands in my pants, etc... Now I've had them removed from the bar, but never did I feel like they deserve jail time. The one instance that the state filed charges was a woman who felt like it was OK to reach her hand down my jeans while I was playing a show. She was immediately taken off stage and cops were called. She paid a fine.

I understand this woman was violated, I'm just not sure jail time is what this man needs. I think he needs some psychiatric help.

Whereas my assaultants needed rehab.

Well, that all depends on the jurisdiction in question because different states treat mental disorder defences very differently. If he doesn't meet the legal definition, he'll end up in jail (where he'll be treated).

I spent about a year writing a publication on this, in many ways it is time of my life I'll never get back.

Back
Top Bottom