What does Brian Eno get paid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know it's not polite to ask people what they get paid. If Eno was my neighbor or brother in law or something, I would not ask him. But it is fairly common to discuss the earnings of celebrities. And since this is a U2 forum, and since he is U2's producer, and since they sell millions of albums together, I was curious. Some of you people are very oversensitive and respond harshly just for the sake of it.

I don't think it's rude either. Maybe it is rude to ask someone you personally know, but we're talking about a famous person. There's even TV shows made on how much money celebrities make. And who's made the most on a specific year.

I actually believe it's nobody's business how much anyone gets paid, celebrity or not. Those celebrity payment lists always make me feel uncomfortable. I'm not interested in that crap, seriously. I care about getting paid fairly for the work I do. I'd never have my nose up someone's elses finances. I reckon U2 have paid Eno fairly all these years, otherwise I doubt he would be still around.

Yeah I was just wondering what a world class producer gets paid. Secondarily, I wonder if he gets more or less than Lanois? Lillywhite? Do these producers have a flat rate or do their costs depend on the band? DO they know how much each other is getting? I doubt James could afford to pay Eno for Laid what U2 paid him for Achtung Baby...

And yeah, I cut a demo and I'd like Eno to produce it in conjunction with Dr. Dre. Phil Spector can do the mastering, from prison.

Yeah I was just wondering what a world class producer gets paid. Secondarily, I wonder if he gets more or less than Lanois? Lillywhite? Do these producers have a flat rate or do their costs depend on the band? DO they know how much each other is getting? I doubt James could afford to pay Eno for Laid what U2 paid him for Achtung Baby...

When it comes to U2 albums their rate will change due to what role they played. If Lanois and Eno had equal roles I'm pretty sure they got paid close to the same.

But it also depends on the producer and the band, some it will be a flat rate up front, others is will be in residuals.

Why would U2 pay Eno any more than James? Just because they can? U2 wouldn't pay the roofing company any more in labor than James would, just because they could afford it. Producers usually have a minimum they would work for, but may work for less if it was a pet project. Given the amount of studio time(2 seperate studios at once) James had for the Laid/ Wah Wah sessions I doubt Eno was doing it as a pet project.

I know it's not polite to ask people what they get paid. If Eno was my neighbor or brother in law or something, I would not ask him. But it is fairly common to discuss the earnings of celebrities. And since this is a U2 forum, and since he is U2's producer, and since they sell millions of albums together, I was curious. Some of you people are very oversensitive and respond harshly just for the sake of it.

Heh. Welcome to interference. Always the same 6 perople doing it too.

Jon-
I would think it's safe to bet that Eno got probably $1million to produce NLOTH, and also got a share of the royalties on songwriting, which in the case of NLOTH, is not amounting to much. Maybe 25 grand for that NFL commercial with Boots in it.

I just found it funny, John seems to find no problem in asking how much Eno makes which really has no bearing on anything other than his own curiosity...

If it makes you more comfortable, I make $50,000 a year, how much do you gets paid there JOFO?

You guys get paid for your jobs? My boss keeps telling me my reward is the internal satisfaction of a job well done.

I actually believe it's nobody's business how much anyone gets paid, celebrity or not. Those celebrity payment lists always make me feel uncomfortable. I'm not interested in that crap, seriously. I care about getting paid fairly for the work I do. I'd never have my nose up someone's elses finances. I reckon U2 have paid Eno fairly all these years, otherwise I doubt he would be still around.

I didn't think it was rude on Jon to ask this question, but as to those kind of shows where they find out who made the most and how expensive are celebrities mansions, yeah, it's nobody's business and I hate that shows. And I wonder who are the people that watch them?

Or something even worse: "Do you pee in the shower?"
:crack:

WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU ASK U2 IF THEY PEE IN THE SHOWER

That interviewer was a freakin idiot. I forgot who she was, I just remember it was from the same interview in which Bono called Christ Martin a "wanker".

to spice up the interview perhaps? they ask U2 the same questions over and over again, its so annoying.

I actually believe it's nobody's business how much anyone gets paid, celebrity or not. Those celebrity payment lists always make me feel uncomfortable. I care about getting paid fairly for the work I do. I'd never have my nose up someone's elses finances.
How do you determine whether you're being paid fairly for the work you do?

Back
Top Bottom