What did you do instead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gwil7711

Babyface
I had tickets to both Sydney and Melbourne shows and kept my flights to Sydney as it is likely I will be out of the country when U2 finally returns.

My sister and I decided that we had to do something appropriate instead so we went and saw a U2 cover band at an Irish pub on Saturday night. They were pretty good and the crowd was great - a good reminder that U2 is much greater than the sum of its parts. Dancing around arm in arm with a group of unknowns to Everlasting Love reminded me that it is not only the fellowship of fans which is amazing about this band but the words and spirit of every song (even when it's a cover!)
But what made the night really special was early in the night when FauxBono asked if there was anyone there from interstate. A few of us put our hands up and FauxBono pointed out a couple from Melbourne. The man promptly got down on one knee, pulled out a ring box and proposed to his girlfriend!
Obviously he had planned to do it at the concert but did the next best thing instead! It was really sweet and put the crowd into a great mood for the rest of the night.

That's cool. On St Pat's Day I was at the Hard Rock in LA listening to a U2 tribute band and there was a guy called up on stage who proposed during All I Want is You. Very sweet.

I was going to Hawaii for the 4/8 show and would've been packing right about now, but we've cancelled our flights which cost us $100 and are waiting for the re schedule date announcement. My girlfriends I was/am travelling with are getting together Friday for a Hawaii/U2 night which will be fun.

I saw 'Dusty - The Musical' (40% good, 60% arse) on March 31 as it was teh only thing really on in Sydney that night. The next night (April 01) I saw 'Basic Instinct 2'. Best movie since 'Showgirls'.

thatsnotmypuppy said:
The next night (April 01) I saw 'Basic Instinct 2'. Best movie since 'Showgirls'.

:lmao:

now that's a great slam! :yes:

Back
Top Bottom