VIP Packages + (RED) Zone Auctions - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a Red Zone Auction is NOT sanctioned scalping. U2 are competing with the scalpers but instead of profiting they are donating %100 (of their profit) to Red.
I think U2 has done a good job of having varying prices so that the financially challenged can attend and those that are wealthier pay more and more goes to charity.
I love GA but can't stand in line for hours. Im also bringing my 12 year old and wouldn't want to lose him or have him get hurt in GA.

Not LOng

gotcha. So how long after auction's end have they been charging peoples cards?

Less than an hour after Wembley 2 closed my card was charged. If you need a friend to take, let me know ;-)

Cheers
Warby

Having a Red Zone Auction is NOT sanctioned scalping. U2 are competing with the scalpers but instead of profiting they are donating %100 (of their profit) to Red.

Bullshit. Where the profits go on tickets sold above face value is irrelevant. Scalping tickets is scalping tickets.

Bullshit. Where the profits go on tickets sold above face value is irrelevant. Scalping tickets is scalping tickets.

No it's not.

The auction for the (Red) zone tickets can hardly be compared to scalping. I've seen tickets sold on various sites by people who sold them for 300% and more of their actual value. I hate that so much. Now that is called scalping. It's not irrelevant where the money goes. I gladly pay that money to charity, but not to some guy profiting from a fan's misery.

so how much did you guys pay for a single ticket? anyone from this forum going backstage? :sexywink:

Spent 154 euros for Berlin Zone 1. Was enough to buy it. Not sure how technically could one put more when none wanted to put higher bid...?

so how much did you guys pay for a single ticket? anyone from this forum going backstage? :sexywink:

Spent 154 euros for Berlin Zone 1. Was enough to buy it. Not sure how technically could one put more when none wanted to put higher bid...?

I paid £100 GBP for Wembley 2 Red Zone (109 Euro / 146 USD)

no backstage for that of course

Okay dumb question I bid for 2 tickets but could have bid up to 4 is the auction for one winner only no matter how many tickets or can there be more than one winner?

For the basic Red Zone, there are a lot of tickets available (200-300 for each show probably), so there are many winners. If you have a winning bid its for however many tix you bid on, from 1 to 4.

For the backstage viewing of Adam's Spoon collection, there's probably just a few spots available.

I think the Dublin3 emails might be coming soon. I just noticed the Available balance on my American Express card just dropped about the amount I did for tickets + another transaction I just did.....

I'm thinking "no" on this one big guy. There's likely about 300 Red Zone folks, they won't have that much extra room in the crab shack. I think if you win Red Zone, you stay in the Red Zone.

Hewson,

I spoke with a supervisor at ticketmaster today and he said that redzone ticket holders have all access to GA standing areas including inside the ellispe.
So there.

<>

Hewson,

I spoke with a supervisor at ticketmaster today and he said that redzone ticket holders have all access to GA standing areas including inside the ellispe.
So there.

Interesting, although I don't see how this could work without reducing the number of standard GA tickets that scan into the elipse, because they'd have to account for the possibility of 200-300 red zone ticket holders that MAY want to wander into the elipse.

Hewson,

So there.

<>

Call me a doubting Thomas , but my guess is a TM supervisor probably woudn't have that info, and was just winging it.
We'll see.

Interesting, although I don't see how this could work without reducing the number of standard GA tickets that scan into the elipse, because they'd have to account for the possibility of 200-300 red zone ticket holders that MAY want to wander into the elipse.

Lets face it, if allowed in, pretty much all of them would go in.

It states right on the TM auction page:

Auction package includes access to the (RED) Zones--high profile general admission areas on the field adjacent to the stage runways & access to a special concession & merchandise stand. (RED) Zone Backstage Tour winners will also receive a preshow tour of the backstage. All winners will be charged a per ticket price equal to their bid per ticket plus any applicable fees when the auction ends. All winners will be contacted by a Tour Rep prior to event date.

I hope I'm wrong Diamond, but I think your Ticketmaster Supervisor was a fountain of misinformation.

Call me a doubting Thomas , but my guess is a TM supervisor probably woudn't have that info, and was just winging it.
We'll see.

I would love it if this was true...But I'm sure that they would have let you know ahead of time if this was the case. It would have made the bids go even higher. And like you guys said. There would be no one left in the Red Zones because they would all head straight for the ellipse.

I still hope it's true though.:drool:

It states right on the TM auction page:

I hope I'm wrong Diamond, but I think your Ticketmaster Supervisor was a fountain of misinformation.

The red zone is the red zone, that's where red zone ticket holders get to stand. The ellipse is a completely different space. That's for GA ticket holders. It's pretty clear to me. :eyebrow:

If you buy Red Zone tickets, I heard you can stand on the stage right next to Bono. But no air guitar allowed!

We'll see.

Hewson,

He and I look at the floor map together, and I specifically asked, "Will RedZone Ticket Holders be let into the inside of that circle where it's blue"?

He answered "Yes that is part of the GA standing area and Red Zone ticket holders have full access to the entire GA Floor area inside or outside of the circle".

Further:

(RED) Zone Package includes:
- Access to the (RED) Zones [ and all GA standing areas]

He further stated that all RZ tic holders would be issued a special wristband with and inverted <> insignia embloseed viewable only under ultraviloet lights accompanied with special passwords issued to those with these wristbands to gain entrance into the Ellipse.

Any further questions?

<>

^ Not saying I doubt what your person told you, but the RZ auction for Rose Bowl says this:

- Access to the (RED) Zones [GA standing areas]
- Access to a special concession & merchandise stand

The word ALL is not in there, but maybe that's just LA, it's the only one I looked at.

^ Not saying I doubt what your person told you, but the RZ auction for Rose Bowl says this:

- Access to the (RED) Zones [GA standing areas]
- Access to a special concession & merchandise stand

The word ALL is not in there, but maybe that's just LA, it's the only one I looked at.

My Red Zone tics have been purchased at superior venues.

<>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom