VIP Packages + (RED) Zone Auctions - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, they started at $115. Although Tampa does as well, but maybe because it is smaller/less affluent. LA starts at $115 too.

The 3 US auctions ending tomorrow are $230-300 or so. I'd thought about getting a $250 seat as a backup to the auction for DC and C'Ville, but I don't want to pay that much for a seat 50 yards away. So I will just do the auction.

I tried to get tickets for a friend this afternoon, Tickmaster threw me section 237 row 7 for $255, it looked like it would be on the diagonal from Edge. But 255 for 200 sec. If it were 100 sec my friend would have said yes to those. :|

VIP Packages for Rose Bowl (and other venues)

Anyone have any luck purchasing these with presale codes? I'm figuring these seats are limited, perhaps only to Horizon members. I'm Boots and wondering if I should bother even trying for these. Thx...

I just checked on Ticketmaster, and I don't see where they are available for purchase yet - I am Horizon. Am I missing something? (quite possible!:lol:)

I just checked on Ticketmaster, and I don't see where they are available for purchase yet - I am Horizon. Am I missing something? (quite possible!:lol:)

They are not available through Ticketmaster.

You have to go through the link on u2.com in the TOUR section. Find the show you want, there will be a RED button on the left hand side that says "BUY VIP Pakages" hit that button and it will take you to musictoday.com to buy the tickets.

Some sort of an idea on the numbers for each show.

U2 is gearing up for a world tour this summer, and they’re planning on donating $12 million of their expected profit to charity. Talk about a tax write-off!

U2 hits the road this June, starting off in Barcelona, going through Europe, and then coming to the United States in September. And they plan on taking all of the proceeds from the VIP auction ticket sales, which amount to $12 million, to a leading Aids organization.

Up to 600 stage-front tickets per gig are being sold off, with minimum starting bids of between $126 and $1,347. The profit will be being given to Global Fund, which helps fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria in Africa.

The band’s spokeswoman says, "All of U2’s income raised from the auction of Red Zone tickets will be donated to charity."

What an amazing thing to do. This is what sets U2 apart from other major bands. They’re always looking to do their part when it comes to charity and making the world a better place. We hope this inspires other artists to do the same.

U2 to Donate Tour Profits to Charity | Hollyscoop

I still have to side for the group that aren't "rich".

I have normal, but expensive seats for Chicago and Boston. That's where I used my U2.com membership. As there are second shows, I will try to go for Red Zone. This allows me to be closer, get something a little special, still enjoy GA, but not have to wait outside all day, not have to be disappointed because I didn't get into the shape, not have to be pushed and shoved outside the shape, etc. As I live on the west coast, I was thinking of also trying for Red Zone for LA.

I do have an upper limit (don't want to pay $1500 for some special ticket), but I also feel that this is a good way to enjoy GA without the hassle. Plus, money goes to a charity I support.

Just my views...

ditto :up:

i'm trying for red zone for one of the shows i plan on attending. it's closer than the "good" seats in the stands located behind it (which are $275, I think after all the fees). i'll be in line for the "shape" for two shows. not really looking forward to that.

I'm trying for red zone for one of the shows i plan on attending. it's closer than the "good" seats in the stands located behind it (which are $275, I think after all the fees). i'll be in line for the "shape" for two shows. not really looking forward to that.

Hope you get what you want, Matilde

For the Chicago, NJ, and Boston auctions ending today the final price will be $250-305 or so.

For Toronto 1, it will be around C$220. For Toronto 2 ending Friday, the auction price is only C $125 (about US $100).

Quite a discrepancy. The pattern of the second show auction finishing lower seems to be holding.

I hope so. Still holding onto the dream of Chicago 2, but anything much over $250 is too rich for me.

I will probably have GAs as backup for DC. I refuse to pay $250 for a seat near the end zone or 200s level (or higher). I'd rather take my chance with a scalper on the day of show than pay that for a far away seat (or even a "close" seat which is still far).

just wondering out loud if one buys the red zone tickets, will they be provided with anything as proof of their donation, for tax purposes?

I mean, if you go to a traditional charity auction and pay more than something is worth, you will get a receipt for that "above and beyond" amount and can use it come tax time. But if you buy a product with proceeds going to charity, you don't get that benefit.

Wondering how these tickets fit in...because just like at an auction, I'd be okay bidding (donating) more if it actually counts as a donation. Otherwise, I'll just keep my Global Fund donation direct and go with GA.

I think they have to operate as per the laws of your locale, ie if it's declared as 'proceeds to charity', some locales demand that a tax reciept be issued. That was the gist I got from the statement on the TM site.

just wondering out loud if one buys the red zone tickets, will they be provided with anything as proof of their donation, for tax purposes?

Since U2 announced they are donating the proceeds to charity (and presumably taking a tax wrtieoff), can it be written off twice (i.e. by the ticket buyer and by U2)?

If its the same as buying Product Red, then it's not "you" donating to charity, but the company who is selling the product that is doing the donation.

From the website:

A portion of the proceeds will be given in support of (RED) to the Global Fund to fight AIDS in Africa. The amounts you pay to purchase tickets/packages may not be tax-deductible by you.

Last edited:
my sense is that they're doing it like a product sale and the company gets the write-off, but with the auction aspect, it really should be the buyer, since they set the price/donation.

anyway, I'm overthinking it. really I just can't decide if it's worth it. :crack:

For the first show, regular Red Zone ended at $325 (although as explained somewhere in this topic, some people may have won with a lower bid), Red Zone with backstage tour ended at $1,555! :ohmy:

I don't get the backstage tour bidding amounts. For that much I wonder if some folks are thinking they'll get to meet the band.

Toronto Red Zone #2

Hi all,

just got Toronto Red Zone # 2 for $240.

I think it's a great price when the first row of seats are going for $250+

Very excited !

Also have GA's for Toronto night 2.

Chris

For the first show, regular Red Zone ended at $325 (although as explained somewhere in this topic, some people may have won with a lower bid)

$325 is the lowest bid that won for NJ1. That will probably be the highest winning amount for any US venue, although LA may rival it. NJ2 should end lower IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom