Vancouver 2010 - Oh Yeah! - ATTENTION:SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, ha, we're big curling fans, too, can't wait!

Sweet! :hi5:

I took this picture of a Canadian curler up on the walls of The Bay when I was downtown last weekend. :shifty: :giggle:

DSC01343.jpg

Awesome Thora, cute curler boys! :up:

For those of you in non-curling countries, I suppose it's a lot like golf, except in the winter, on ice. Might not require a lot of athleticism, but it does require skill. And it's mostly an excuse to hang out and drink after. :)

For those of you in non-curling countries, I suppose it's a lot like golf, except in the winter, on ice. Might not require a lot of athleticism, but it does require skill. And it's mostly an excuse to hang out and drink after. :)

I'd think it's even better to drink a lot while watching it! :drunk:

Awesome Thora, cute curler boys! :up:

I've got to cheer on Team Minnesota (ugh, I mean Team USA) in curling. Can't wait!

I hope to try it some day. But, like shuffleboard, I can wait until I'm closer to my golden years, too. :D

curling is almost as cool as handball in the summer games.

Both are cool.

I love curling. It's like trigonometry on ice.

Plus I figure if I am to become an Olympic athlete, that's my last shot.

My parents in Wisconsin belonged to a curling club or league for a while. I tried it once on a trip home. It was HARD.

I might be missing something, and I'm certainly no expert on the sport, but the luge isn't one of the more fun events to watch. It's fascinating how much speed they generate, but there doesn't seem to be much creativity involved. Every "slide" is pretty much the same. There's just not much variation.

I might be missing something, and I'm certainly no expert on the sport, but the luge isn't one of the more fun events to watch. It's fascinating how much speed they generate, but there doesn't seem to be much creativity involved. Every "slide" is pretty much the same. There's just not much variation.

It's really how tight a line they slide. When you see someone go high on a curve, that's bad. They will have too much momentum coming out of the curve and probably hit the opposite wall after coming out. The start tells you a lot too. Because the course is shortened, there is less chance to make up for a bad start at the bottom.

Anyway...blah, blah, blah. I've been watching Women's Hockey instead.

Bronze for Canada in the women's 3,000m! :hi5: All 3 Canadians had great races!

Congrats. :)
The Dutchies didn't do that well. Wüst started way too fast and her decline was too big. That Czech skater was really fast! And very constant, something the others couldn't keep up with.

every time i've turned it on they've always been showing the moguls. they're frustrating to watch for some reason. but here's hoping Dale Begg-Smith can back up his gold in Turin later on.

thank FUCK (excuse my french) that i haven't been subjected to any figure skating yet.

I don't really *get* luge but I'm sure there's a hell of a lot going on that we don't see. Like the old compulsories in women's gymnastics, they all did the exact same routines, but they definitely did not all perform with the same technique.

Watching moguls makes my knees hurt, and I've never even had knee problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom