US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do cringe at how crazy 2024 election is going to be....

Biden/Dems -- We need to work on climate change, continue building economy, Ukraine support...

Trump/GQP -- TRANS PEOPLE!!!!

Eh, if anything, Trump will stick to low blows re: both gender identity and trans people. Ron DeSanctimonious is proving that that’s not something to build your platform on. The only exception to that rule is that is when it starts to impact people directly. People struggle to accept neutral gender pronouns because it means they need to change. Most people don’t give a rat’s ass about things that don’t impact them, and that includes trans people living their lives.

https://twitter.com/fritschner/status/1690057653899141123?s=46&t=7qdYZNgiKjw76N1iFrMMAw

I don’t think Garland is trying to appease the lunatics in congress….but even if he was it shows there is nothing you can do short of executing Hunter (or Joe, or Kamala, or any democrat) that will make them happy.

It’s rage and coverup all the time to keep the grift going.

I don’t see anything with Hunter = Her Emails, but it’s tiring to constantly hear about it

it seems obvious to me

special counsel takes some time, puts trial on back burner and undermines special treatment arguments

after 2024 election - a pardon to move the country past divisiveness - think Gerald Ford pardon of Nixon

of course I could be wrong

I’m still wondering to what Hunter Biden was elected or appointed by his father. Or if we have any evidence whatsoever thst this suicidal drug addict with a father desperate to actually keep his son — who lost a mother and a sister in a childhood car accident and then his much-more-accomplished older brother to cancer — alive has traded any sort of access to “the big guy” for cash into any sort of quantifiable policy change.

My guess is Hunter had a grift that never got up to the big guy. And if he did anything illegal, or if Biden did anything illegal, they should face consequences.

I’m still wondering to what Hunter Biden was elected or appointed by his father. Or if we have any evidence whatsoever thst this suicidal drug addict with a father desperate to actually keep his son — who lost a mother and a sister in a childhood car accident and then his much-more-accomplished older brother to cancer — alive has traded any sort of access to “the big guy” for cash into any sort of quantifiable policy change.

My guess is Hunter had a grift that never got up to the big guy. And if he did anything illegal, or if Biden did anything illegal, they should face consequences.

You’re overthinking it.

Most just wanted to see his penis.

Ukraine sacks army recruitment chiefs in anti-graft shakeup
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...tary-recruitment-chiefs-zelenskiy-2023-08-11/

President Volodymyr Zelenskiy broadened his battle against graft on Friday, firing all the heads of Ukraine's regional army recruitment centres as the war with Russia enters a critical stage.

Zelenskiy said a state investigation into centres across Ukraine had exposed abuses by officials ranging from illegal enrichment to transporting draft-eligible men across the border despite a wartime ban on them leaving the country.

"This system should be run by people who know exactly what war is and why cynicism and bribery during war is treason," he said, adding that those fired would be replaced by recent veterans and soldiers wounded at the front.

Ukraine has made cracking down on graft a priority as it fends off Russia's full-scale invasion and seeks membership of the European Union and has fired or prosecuted a string of high-ranking officials implicated in sleaze.

Friday's move comes at a particularly sensitive moment for Kyiv with its long-touted counteroffensive hampered by extensive Russian defences across swathes of the southeast.

...Tens of thousands of Ukrainians have been killed or wounded in fighting since Russia invaded in February 2022.

Ukraine has increasingly faced recruitment challenges as the war, now in an brutally attritional phase, nears the 18-month mark. The military has been occasionally hit by scandals involving graft or heavy-handed recruitment tactics.

...Despite recent moves against graft, Ukraine still ranks 116th out of 180 countries in Transparency International's latest Corruption Perceptions Index.

A Transparency-commissioned opinion poll in June found that 77% of Ukrainians believe corruption is among Ukraine's most serious problems.

I think if Biden was actually sitting next to Hunter on that phone call that's an obvious serious issue. That claim alone makes it necessary to investigate any wrongdoing by President Biden involving his son in those matters, even if it was just Hunter being a liar with lots of personal problems.

Anyone being honest would admit that if it was Trump and any of his kids we would be expecting an investigation.

I’m still expecting an investigation into Jared and his 2 billion investment from Saudi Arabia

There has been zero evidence of any wrong doing by Joe.

All of this appears to be a very hurt and broken man trying to take advantage of his name. I have no doubt that Hunter, and especially anyone he went into business with tried to take advantage or asked about access to Joe. It clearly went no where for them.

It’s been over five years of investigation and all the Right can come up with is lies and vague accusations

Luckily the majority of the public just don’t care. We aren’t electing Hunter, no matter how hard GOP and Media try to spin it that way.

If anything it’s made Joe even more likable cause we see he cares deeply for him.

Yes Joe cares deeply for him. But it reaches the point of denial and enabling, just as it does for so many other parents.

And when you're President you have to draw a line in order to maintain ethical and legal standards of the office.

Believe me I'm not refusing to vote for Biden based on this. But it does make me question his judgement. Parents love their kids, but parents also need to practice tough love. Hunter is a grown man, not a teenager. And Biden is the President.

I think if Biden was actually sitting next to Hunter on that phone call that's an obvious serious issue. That claim alone makes it necessary to investigate any wrongdoing by President Biden involving his son in those matters, even if it was just Hunter being a liar with lots of personal problems.

Anyone being honest would admit that if it was Trump and any of his kids we would be expecting an investigation.

I feel like the Trump kids have gotten away with so much more than Hunter ever May or may not have gotten away with.

But I agree: wrong-doing should be discovered and prosecuted.

Biden is not allowed to shoot someone on 5th Avenue and get away with it.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/13/politics/coffee-county-georgia-voting-system-breach-trump/index.html

CNN

Atlanta-area prosecutors investigating efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in Georgia are in possession of text messages and emails directly connecting members of Donald Trump’s legal team to the early January 2021 voting system breach in Coffee County, sources tell CNN.

That's frightening, all media outlets should be posting and showing that video.

I dunno, I think that’s how these people got platformed in the first place. Say outrageous things but with positions of power to normalize them. Broadcast that and you’re serving their cause.

We need to stop platforming them.

Very possible indictment #4 coming tonight….lots of chatter about the grand jury voting this evening. Seemed to be a real rush to get many witnesses on the stand vs spreading out over two days.

Here’s Why Sen. Chris Murphy Praised A Viral Conservative Hit
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chri...h-of-richmond-song_n_64dac830e4b0eb9f33d7ac10

...Many of Murphy’s liberal critics are influential online or in Democratic Party politics. Kaivan Shroff, a Democratic attorney and activist with more than 117,000 followers on X, declared, “It’s gross for you to amplify hate group Turning Point USA’s Benny Johnson.”

Eric Kleefeld, a senior writer for the liberal media watchdog, Media Matters for America, asked, “Anybody out there willing to primary Chris Murphy, before he accidentally becomes a total horse-shoe bro?”

Louis Peitzman, editor-in-chief of news outlet Best Life, deadpanned, “Did you fall and hit your head.”

Murphy’s haters are, of course, well within their rights to argue that Murphy is naive about the potential for persuading people like Anthony, or building a populist coalition with politicians sympathetic to Anthony’s worldview.

....Murphy believes that working-class people on the political right and left have more in common with one another than elites on either side of the aisle. He also thinks that progressives like him can collaborate with right-wing populists like Republican Sens. J.D. Vance (Ohio) and Josh Hawley (Mo.) on select issues like trade and antitrust policy.

That’s likely what Murphy meant when he said that Anthony’s song shows the “path to realignment” ― a reorganization of politics based on shared skepticism of corporate power.

“If you study the developing New Right inside the conservative movement, you’ll see early signs of a potential realignment amongst people in this country who may not share the same views on abortion or civil rights, but who do believe that our economy and the state of American kids and families have become so unhealthy that government has to take some new action,” Murphy said in April.

Guess is that maybe they wanted to get ahead of any shenanigans by Trump and GQP.

There was a “leak” of indictments earlier in the day and the Right played off of it with corruption, incompetence, conspiracy

Trump also partook in some witness tampering early in the morning on his Truth Social. Maybe the DA wanted to squash any more attempts and get it over with.

Or maybe they wanted early start to the weekend ;)

Guess is that maybe they wanted to get ahead of any shenanigans by Trump and GQP.

There was a “leak” of indictments earlier in the day and the Right played off of it with corruption, incompetence, conspiracy

Trump also partook in some witness tampering early in the morning on his Truth Social. Maybe the DA wanted to squash any more attempts and get it over with.

Or maybe they wanted early start to the weekend ;)

If he’s going on some unhinged 2 AM rant it probably worsens his case lol

37d4adba-d885-4316-88c5-8ce2556227ca.jpg

Back
Top Bottom