U2 things you have, but didn't realize...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
So... for the next few weeks I am house-sitting and have been given a vehicle to use. The vehicle in question does not have a CD player, but rather, a tape-deck. :huh: lol, so i went home the other day to grab some tapes. Well it's been years since I have listened or even looked at my tapes and grabbed a few U2 ones and mixed ones. While looking I came across this one I labelled "U2 Live in Dublin". :ohmy: Cool!! What could this be, I am wondering? So I pop it in and it's a radio interview with Dave Fanning, gearing up to the start of the U2 gig in Dublin 1993. It's either the August 27th gig or the August 28th gig. I can't remember which Dave Fanning said. Anyway.... the interviews are great and the gig is awesome! It's just a shame it's not full. But the point of my post is the fact that I have had this on tape all these years not realizing or rather remembering I had taped it nearly ten years ago off the radio. lol I know that I have been a huge fan of U2 for a long time... but I keep forgetting the extent to which I have been a fan. It seems I have always been crazy!! :D
I was also going through some old boxes a few months back, full of old Rolling Stones etc... and came across a huge collection of U2 mags from the early 90's and during the Popmart era! Again, it was a surprise that I had these. lol

So...... what are your finds? Have you come across any U2 memorabilia in the last few years, that you never realized you had?

recently found an old bootleg(1989 New Year's Eve Show) that i bought off some guy ont he street in NYC.

A couple of years ago I found the Band Aid record containing "Do They Know It's Christmas" in our basement. It was never mine - my sisters must have bought it a long time ago - but it was still pretty funny.

I was sorting through some old videos about a week ago. There were no labels on any of them so I was finding out what was on them all.
Found some old U2 stuff from the early 80's, Id totally forgotten I had it. The quality is pretty crap so I had just shoved it in the video pile and forgotten about it.
Of course I had to sit and watch it all :D

I went though my vinyl recently and I came across a live show from Las Vegas in 1987. On the front of the album it looks like the same cover as the Joshua Tree album but it has "U2 LIVE" across the top. The back of the album is hilarious. It says "Yep, It's U2!" and has a picture from the Unforgettable fire album. The show is complete and its a pretty good audience recording. I also found a picture disc with the band from the UF era and that's a live recording from Los Angeles I believe, it doesn't have any track listing or any thing. I also found a four picture disc set of an interview with bono in 1987. Pretty strange stuff I bought way back when but very cool to have.

bearded morrison said:
I went though my vinyl recently and I came across a live show from Las Vegas in 1987. On the front of the album it looks like the same cover as the Joshua Tree album but it has "U2 LIVE" across the top. The back of the album is hilarious. It says "Yep, It's U2!"
My hubby has that one too!
The first time I saw it I was craking up.:lol:

Thanks, Let me know if they are near Santa Monica. My inlaws live there and we are visiting soon. I don't know where any good ones are in Chicago, although I'm sure they're somewhere.

bearded morrison said:
Thanks, Let me know if they are near Santa Monica. My inlaws live there and we are visiting soon. I don't know where any good ones are in Chicago, although I'm sure they're somewhere.

There's this massive record store in LA called Amoeba Records that I'm sure would have a bunch of great stuff. I haven't been there yet but know someone who got some cool U2 finds there.

Back
Top Bottom