U2 Aust tickets - just had a brainwave...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
what do you people think the chances are of getting alcohol in? i wouldn't want to have to go to the toilet every five minutes, but i need to drink *something*!!!

do you get checked? surely the wouldn't check in your underwear. a flask of bundy would do me fine.

here i am talking about it like it's tomorrow lol :dancing:

I went past the Arts centre in Melbourne at about 2pm. I couldn't see anyone camping out - but then there were all these market stalls everywhere. Drove into a Myer (ticketmaster outlet)shopping centre carpark in the outer suburbs around 6pm, still no sign of anyone camping out. I was able to get Melbourne tickets thru u2.com presale. (Definietly more fun camping out).

Good luck everyone who's camping out.

I drove past the myer centre around 1am, no one was camping out, im going in about 6am, as i want to be one or two people down the line in case the second melbourne night goes on sale and i have to get to the end for tickets!!!

OH god, im so excited, i cant wait...i havent slept all night as im too EEEEK about it! :D :D

update: gold coast, southport sharks about 200 people. brisbane city over 5500 queing..

back to camp!

it sucks sleeping on concrete! :mad:

The Sydney show sold out in 42 minutes according to our system. Sheeeeeeesh. Anyhow, we all expected the 2nd gig to go on sale at 11am or noon - as is the usual case for a sell out. We have been told it's not going to be today at this point - but that may change. The promoter is apparently doing some number crunching...?

Anyhow as soon as I know - you know.

Thanks for the update puppy!

While it isn't standard practice, my thoughts after the sell out and the subsequent eBay binge is: really Coppell are stupid if they don't up the prices 10-20%. The Demand will be there for both GA's and A Reserve no doubt. They may as well milk it for what it's worth.

I hope for those wanting tickets that they don't though. :)

they cant sell them today.... the system is still jamed and its unfair....
ppl cant prepare and camp out

this totally sux
i want tickets more than anything....

stagman said:
Do you really think they'll sell out Brisbane's ANZ stadium? did'nt last time and it's been 8 years :(

I think judging by sales this time around and the general chatter amongst the queue this morning, that the 8 year gap has only helped ticket sales. Two reasons, the obvious "its been so long" and the "we never know when they will come back, this might be there last tour".

Brisbane will sell out eventually I'd say.

Yeah - Brissy looks likely to sell. I've tried all lunch hour to grab some tickets and Ticketmaster's site is useless. Luckily I'm off to the Sydney gig - GAs baby!

They are announcing a second show tomorrow - but I dont know if it goes on sale immediately. I'd say Wednesday or even Friday.

eBay has just exploded with tickets - and they are going for a lot of cash... some over th egrand mark for 2 A Reserve... GA's are also going for at least double... The thing is the GAs for the 2nd show will sell out immediately too - so the extra date wont halt the demand... as much as I hate to say it, I wish I grabbed spare sto sell on - I know, I know karma - but they could pay for most of a semester's fees at Uni!

thatsnotmypuppy said:
The thing is the GAs for the 2nd show will sell out immediately too - so the extra date wont halt the demand... as much as I hate to say it, I wish I grabbed spare sto sell on - I know, I know karma - but they could pay for most of a semester's fees at Uni!

Unfortunetly U2 isn't a HECS approved course. :(

I just got my tickets for the Brissy show. I had to go to Aspley, pink n pay for mine. got the $202 tickets, sitting on the eastern stand.. in block 12? ^_^ I definately walked away from there with a grin on my face.. I had ticket number 84 and I waited just over and hour.. lucky...... how did everyone else go?!

Puppy thanks for all the latest. I only bought 2 GAs too. Could've and should've got a third. Might invest an extra 1 or 2 next time. It's technically illegal, though, isn't it? Any case, it just feels unethical.

Your uni fees must be really cheap if $1000 can pay most of it... UNSW is a rip off :huh:

THATSNOTMYPUPPY!!! I have a question that you probably don't have the answer to...

The GA/ovals at each venue are going to be split into 2 or 3 sections. We have obviously all been assigned different gate numbers/letters. Does this completely determine the section we are forced into, or will we still be under a first in/best dressed regardless? I assume it's a forced thing, ie if your gate is at the back of the stadium, the best you can hope for is the front of the last third. I can only imagine the bedlam otherwise...

SO... For Sydney GA's, gates A-F run alongside what is the east (top) side of the seating map on the ticketek site, and gates J-N alongside the west (bottom) side of the map. Essentially, if you have gate A/B or N/M you are entering at the front near the stage. If you have J/K or E/F near the back. If you have G to H you are entering at the very back. The rest in the middle. The stage is being set up at the O-P end (the corner in between the Overflow and SuperDome).

wow. that sucks. i didn't even think of that. so people entering further from that stage have waayyy less chance of getting close? i'm one of those people, i got gate e on my ticket. and people entering close to the stage will get up the front first... so even if i'm first in line i wouldn't be anywhere near the stage??? is that right???

:sad:

Dude, you're freaking me out! I got Gate E too and now I'm worried camping out would be useless if I'm going to be restricted to the back 1/3. Could someone find this out? i'm checking the telstra stadium website but doubt i can find anything

I believe EVERY Brisbane GA goes in via Gate 16, which is (looking from the stage) in the far left. That's going to be a bit chaotic.

what about sydney?

i looked at a map but i don't understand it. i don't see any gates noted on it...

i'm freaking out too.... :scream: :no:

hey Sokki I feel your pain. This gating business has definitely taken the gloss off my 2 GA tix. Now i feel somewhat inferior to A/B or N/M gaters or whatever.

The map showing the catergories on most sites don't have the gate numbers. I presume Earnie Shavers had done some extensive research?

Anyway it might be worth calling up or see the Ticketek ppl about this. I hope tix to a second sydney concert will start soon.

is it? i've never been there, but i thought someone said it didn't have a roof??? oh well.

i know what you mean... well i'll just climb over people and if they argue i'll punch them in the head!!! lol.

OK - the official word :) is that basically its first in best dressed and that they will halt entry once it's too full up front. Gate allocation will play NO PART in whether or not you have access to the front section. Once the front capacity is reached, it's closed off.

I believe that wrist bands will issued - which is what happened at Rumba (stupid multi act pop festival) at the same venue once you get onto the field to allow toilet trips, etc.

Hopefully that will allow a few people to de-stress...!

And thats it - its been a 10.5 hour shift for me today... hometime!

Back
Top Bottom