U2 albums planned for 2009 remasters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The official release date is 26 October but Australian releases normally come out on the Saturday, meaning 23 October.

But JB HiFi Sydney generally stock their Saturday releases around noon on Fridays which would be 22 October Sydney time (or 9pm Thursday 21 October New York time)!

So you can expect a full leak then, if nothing happens sooner.

I once had an insider who ran an independent music shop in my town. New music comes out on Tuesdays here in Canada. She got her stock in on the Fridays before and always gave me a call by lunchtime Friday. She knew I was a U2 junkie. Pop, All That..., and Bomb were in my hands a good 3 days early. The store is long gone now. I miss her. I miss that special treatment.

yeah, Im not working at the moment, so as soon as I get my hands on it on the Friday if there has been no leak I will upload it

Still waiting...

*Sigh*

A.B sure is gunna make a nice Christmas present :)

I'll recieve my Special Deluxe edition the 23rd of October. UF is just:drool: Can't wait for the two unheard songs.

What did you people seriously expect? How much footage do you think they have from back then? Think about it...

i think a lot of people, including myself, were really hoping for a full TUF Tour gig. it's not that much to ask for, considering we got one for the JT and UABRS albums. :shrug:

i think a lot of people, including myself, were really hoping for a full TUF Tour gig. it's not that much to ask for, considering we got one for the JT and UABRS albums. :shrug:

But did they film any? My point is that film was expensive back then, there may not even be a full show recorded. I don't know.

But did they film any? My point is that film was expensive back then, there may not even be a full show recorded. I don't know.

well, there was Dortmund, and i believe there was Berlin (not completely sure on that), so it could have been done.

well, there was Dortmund, and i believe there was Berlin (not completely sure on that), so it could have been done.

Yeah, I had heard that show mentioned before and for some reason I thought that show was part of the War tour instead of the UF tour, I have no clue what I was on...:wink:

Makes me wonder if they had problems getting the rights or if the quality sucked :shrug:

The UF DVD is certainly not as exciting as the JT one was, but I'm guessing U2 put everything on there they could find from this era. People have talked endlessly about the Dortmund show, but there's no evidence that this still exists in DVD quality or that the band even has the rights to it, whether complete or incomplete.

I'm just glad they have put some thought and effort into these re-releases (liner notes written by the Edge, several songs such as Wave of Sorrow and Disappearing Act being finished in the studio, etc.). Most "reissues" are handled strictly by the record company with no band involvement whatsoever.

Makes me wonder if they had problems getting the rights or if the quality sucked :shrug:

I would guess it was one or both of these. Regarding video quality issues, it's entirely possible for them to have this on "professional" recording mediums, but all analog recording mediums are going to lose something - see the ZooTV Sydney DVD, which, despite their best efforts, isn't totally crystal clear (neither is the JT Paris DVD, if I remember correctly).

Oh well I just have to enjoy the Dortmund Bootleg. :shrug:

You do realize that there's a pretty good quality video bootleg of the entire show? I'm watching it now...I'd say it's good enough quality for the TUF remaster for sure....

You do realize that there's a pretty good quality video bootleg of the entire show? I'm watching it now...I'd say it's good enough quality for the TUF remaster for sure....

really? i have never heard of the full show being available. where did you find this?

really? i have never heard of the full show being available. where did you find this?

Actually....my mistake...it's a proshot DVD, but it's not complete...it's missing TUF and ASOH unfortunately...I still think this would be great for the TUF remaster though :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom