U2 360 Boxscore Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we'll get any new boxscores at all. The second European Leg of the Bigger Bang Tour has not been reported as well.

I think that was because the Rolling Stones were embarrassed to show the several half-empty stadiums they played in during their 2nd euro leg. most of their stadium shows on the first euro leg had several thousand empty seats. i don't see how the second one was much better.

Lately the boxscores are showing several shows for one artist instead of a few hear and there. We will probably see u2's boxscores towards the end of this leg. for example paul mccartney just ruled this last set of boxscores, but it consisted of 14 concerts.

I think that was because the Rolling Stones were embarrassed to show the several half-empty stadiums they played in during their 2nd euro leg. most of their stadium shows on the first euro leg had several thousand empty seats. i don't see how the second one was much better.

Lately the boxscores are showing several shows for one artist instead of a few hear and there. We will probably see u2's boxscores towards the end of this leg. for example paul mccartney just ruled this last set of boxscores, but it consisted of 14 concerts.

and how did Macca do in his stadium shows?

No U2 boxscores this week. there was a lot of boxscores dating back to april, may, and june. maybe they'll just report the whole euro leg at once.

Tell me about it! :wink: Wish I could be posting some valuable info, but I'm guessing they will report the whole euro leg at once.

My opinion:

In 44 dates, U2 grossed 311 million and played to 3.1 million people. They have since announced/played an additional 48 shows. Assuming that the average gross per concert decreases by 15% (they are playing smaller stadiums this go around), that would mean that these 48 dates should net roughly an additional 320 million, bringing the tours total to 630 million. However, the following should/might occur:

South American Leg: 7 shows (maybe more, maybe less)
Additional N.A. Shows: 5 shows (we know Pitt & Baltimore are rumored so far)
South Africa: 2 shows
Japan/Korea/Hawaii: 5 shows (Haven't heard any rumors of this yet)
3rd European "mini" leg: 10 shows (3 Ireland, 4/5 UK, 1 Paris, 1 Neatherlands or Spain)

That would be an additional 29 shows and I would calculate these shows at the original avg. gross per show of $7,847,685 from 2009. That would be roughly 227 million, bringing the tour total to an estimated $850 million with an estimated attendance a little over 8 million.

This of course is IF they play all of the shows that they are rumored to play and some that they are not yet rumored to play but might because the demand will be there (Neatherlands/Spain).

Most U2 detractors are saying U2 will gross 650-700 (Moggio) and most U2 fanatics lean towards 725-750 but I am going to go with 825-850 million.

Am I crazy? I don't think I'm crazy, Im just ahead of the curve. :mac:

I agree..If they do play that speculated UK leg the gross should be around $800 million.

In other news...once again no new u2 boxscores this week...:waiting: Paul McCartney topped the list..

#1 Philly Wells Fargo Center $4,885,207 31,825/31,825 2/2
#2 Miami Sun Life Stadium $4,325,859 35,784/35,784 1/1

I really do think they are waiting to announce all 22 shows at once. These boxscore lists have been showing over 300 shows each the past couple of weeks, so why not.

I hope they announce them all at once. There's nothing I enjoy more than showing these numbers to my U2 hating friends. I love watching their faces as U2's attendance numbers crush their favorite bands!

And how much do you think that total gross of 2010 will be?
They had or will end it with around 32 shows....

the recent U2.com news item announcing the Pittsburgh show says "following on from a sell-out tour of Europe"....

Be interesting to see what they do declare for those 2 shows in particular...

From atu2.com:

U2 Up for Three Touring Awards
Posted: October 13, 2010
By: Matt McGee / @mattmcgee

U2 is nominated in three categories at this year's Billboard Touring Awards. The awards are based on global boxscore numbers reported to Billboard between October 1, 2009, and September 30, 2010. The awards ceremony is scheduled for November 4th in New York.

Fans will probably not be surprised to learn that the U2/Blackberry collaboration wasn't nominated for the Concert Marketing & Promotion Award. Here's a list of the three categories in which U2 are nominated.

TOP TOUR (highest grossing tour)
AC/DC Black Ice
Bon Jovi The Circle
U2 360

TOP DRAW (most ticket sales)
AC/DC
Bon Jovi
U2

TOP MANAGER
Front Line Management
Principle Management
Red Light Managemen

That means they did report boxscore numbers...

the recent U2.com news item announcing the Pittsburgh show says "following on from a sell-out tour of Europe"....

Be interesting to see what they do declare for those 2 shows in particular...
Maybe Turkey and Russia are in Asia????

Every show is a SELLOUT even if there are empty seats throughtout stadium as we only put that many tickets on sale... (what the stats folks will spin on us.)

Maybe this is why the old fan club of U2 was called
PROPAGANDA>>>>>

If you get a chance go see Roger Waters Wall TOur.
It has the feel of Popmart the technology of Zoo TV
but lets you see what could have been done with 360 instead of making it a greatest hits tour.:applaud:

Maybe Turkey and Russia are in Asia????

Every show is a SELLOUT even if there are empty seats throughtout stadium as we only put that many tickets on sale... (what the stats folks will spin on us.)

Maybe this is why the old fan club of U2 was called
PROPAGANDA>>>>>

If you get a chance go see Roger Waters Wall TOur.
It has the feel of Popmart the technology of Zoo TV
but lets you see what could have been done with 360 instead of making it a greatest hits tour.:applaud:

Ahhhhh yes! The U2 "conspiracy" theory resurfaces. Well, Bon Jovi just reported that they played to 45,193 people out of 45,193 people in Mexico. The same stadium that U2 played to 75,000 people in for Vertigo. But I guess Bon Jovi is part of the " propaganda"! Either that or at the U2 Vertigo show they let each attendee piggy back and bring an extra person with them.

Ahhhhh yes! The U2 "conspiracy" theory resurfaces. Well, Bon Jovi just reported that they played to 45,193 people out of 45,193 people in Mexico. The same stadium that U2 played to 75,000 people in for Vertigo. But I guess Bon Jovi is part of the " propaganda"! Either that or at the U2 Vertigo show they let each attendee piggy back and bring an extra person with them.

Stadium is made for 50.000 peoples so how can they have 75000.I think that this is part of promoters or organization or how many tickets they give.
I read that all South American stadiums were sold out. So they will have highest grossing tour of the year. Around 200 mil. dollars(with New Zeland, Austr., Japan).
I really hope that U2 will be at least second. Anyway they(u2) have a biggest tour in a history! :)

No U2 boxscores this week. Live Nation reported 33 Rush concerts though ranging from July to October. I think they will do the same for U2 hopefully in the next couple of weeks.

It's not the same stadium. Bon Jovi played the Foro Sol (where U2 staged Popmart in 97'), and the maximum number for concerts there is 60,000 but alot of artists play to about 50,000-55,000.

Still, must have been a non-sellout.

Well, there were definitely some interesting boxscores this week. I thought I would post this one that came in at #334:

Antibalas
January 7, 2010
Brooklyn, New York
Knitting Factory
GROSS: $48
ATTENDANCE: 4
CAPACITY: 200
SHOWS: 1
SELLOUTS: 0
Average Ticket Price: $12

This is the lowest gross and attendance figure I have ever seen on Billboards Boxscore chart. I didn't think figures that low would be reported, but I guess as long as the gross is not 0, Billboard will report it.

There have to be shows all over the place bigger than that that don't get reported to Billboard. That's gotta be debilitating to play to 4 people.

U2 tickets nearly sold out - Back Page - IOL | Breaking News | South Africa News | World News | Sport | Business | Entertainment | IOL.co.za

Tickets to U2’s two concerts in South Africa have all but sold out only hours after going on sale.

The band will play at the FNB and Cape Town stadiums in February as part of their 360° Tour. It will be their first visit to South Africa since their PopMart Tour in 1998.

Tickets ranging from R161 to a special Red Zone at R2 568 went on sale yesterday at 9am.

By 7am Computicket reported having 17 000 users camping on the website. At 9am the website crashed from the surge of hopeful buyers, said Big Concerts chief financial officer Justin van Wyk.

But within 25 minutes of the website coming back up, more than 25 percent of the tickets had been sold.

The FNB Stadium in Gauteng can accommodate close to 100 000 ticket holders while Cape Town Stadium can hold almost 70 000 fans.

The website continued to crash sporadically throughout the day, and giving users the number of a national call centre.

Twitter was busy with tweets about snaking queues and lagging ticket servers.

“Good news! After four hours I finally got the tickets – over the phone. Lank excited for February 13!” tweeted one user.

Van Wyk said: “It’s gone phenomenally well.

“The volume we’ve received has been unprecedented.”

He promised concertgoers would experience the full show.

Yesterday he said: “We expect to close at about 95 percent and sell the rest today.” - Sunday Argus

Billboard.biz is late. I just checked a minute ago and they havent even posted the new list this week. It is usually posted on Weds, but once the new list is posted I will let you guys know if there are any U2 boxscores. It should post today, I've never seen it more than a day late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom