U2 360 Boxscore Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if it did not mean anything, every AC/DC and Bruce Springsteen show would be marked a sellout. Their not.

Notice the following AC/DC shows that failed to sellout:

Cleveland, Ohio
Quicken Loans Arena
GROSS: $1,344,684
ATTENDANCE: 14,865 (capacity: 15,641)
SHOWS: 1
SELLOUTS: 0

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Mellon Arena
GROSS: $1,145,063
ATTENDANCE: 12,937 (capacity: 13,118)

Cincinnati, Ohio
U.S. Bank Arena
GROSS: $1,053,863
ATTENDANCE: 11,864 (capacity: 12,004)

Oslo, Norway
Telenor Arena
GROSS: $1,771,047
ATTENDANCE: 22,449 (capacity: 22,643)

East Rutherford, New Jersey
Giants Stadium
GROSS: $3,266,661
ATTENDANCE: 46,673 (capacity: 53,567)

Chicago, Illinois
United Center
GROSS: $1,163,053
ATTENDANCE: 12,995 (capacity: 14,381)

Auburn Hills, Michigan
The Palace
GROSS: $938,248
ATTENDANCE: 11,920 (capacity: 15,100)

Grand Rapids, Michigan
Van Andel Arena
GROSS: $895,896
ATTENDANCE: 10,124 (capacity: 10,788)

Tacoma, Washington
Tacoma Dome
GROSS: $1,709,361
ATTENDANCE: 19,256 (capacity: 19,906)

San Diego, California
Events Center
GROSS: $965,379
ATTENDANCE: 11,033 (capacity: 11,258)

Anaheim, California
Honda Center
GROSS: $1,080,749
ATTENDANCE: 12,123 (capacity: 12,892)

1st- Didnt Moggio try to say that AC/DC were a bigger draw in the US, or in "regions" of the US than U2....LOL They couldn't sell 14k tickets in Chicago and U2 sold more than 130k in just two shows.

Anyway, the term "sold out" is important because it means that the demand/expectation was met. As for someone saying "then why not put 1 ticket on sale and you would sellout every night", well U2 spends 750k per day to keep this show going. If you figure 1 day to set up, 1 day to play and 1 day to ship out, thats 750k x 3 days= 2.25 million to break even (no profit). At $100 a ticket, that would mean they would need to sell a minimum of 22,500 tickets per show, or else they would go bankrupt.

Anyway, the term "sold out" is important because it means that the demand/expectation was met.

No, it's the exact opposite. Demand is NOT met when a show is sold out and people are standing outside without tickets. I highly prefer Bruce's and AC/DC's way of releasing tickets until all seats are filled, over U2's way of holding back tickets because 'sold out' sounds better.

I highly prefer Bruce's and AC/DC's way of releasing tickets until all seats are filled, over U2's way of holding back tickets because 'sold out' sounds better.

Bruce Springsteen and AC/DC are NOT doing anything in terms of the releasing tickets that is different from U2. They decide initially how many tickets to release for purchase and if they sell them all the show is marked as a sellout.

EXAMPLE:

Giants Stadium

Chicago, Illinois
United Center

The capacity for Giants Stadium is listed as 53,567, but its higher than that even though AC/DC don't have a 360 stage. Same with the 14,381 listed capacity for the United Center. You can fit more people than that, even though they do not have an in the round set up.

Or how about this one:

Vancouver
BC Place Stadium
GROSS: $4,122,831
ATTENDANCE: 47,021
SELLOUTS: 1

U2 soldout the same stadium at 54,000 on the Joshua Tree tour.

Bruce Springsteen and AC/DC are NOT doing anything in terms of the releasing tickets that is different from U2. They decide initially how many tickets to release for purchase and if they sell them all the show is marked as a sellout.

EXAMPLE:

Giants Stadium

Chicago, Illinois
United Center

The capacity for Giants Stadium is listed as 53,567, but its higher than that even though AC/DC don't have a 360 stage. Same with the 14,381 listed capacity for the United Center. You can fit more people than that, even though they do not have an in the round set up.

Or how about this one:

Vancouver
BC Place Stadium

U2 soldout the same stadium at 54,000 on the Joshua Tree tour.

A venue's capacity can change dramatically depending on the setup - with seats on the field for an end-stage concert, the capacity of Giants Stadium is, in fact, somewhere between 53,000 and 56,000. The Police played a sold out show (and by sold out I don't just mean a sold out as reported by Billboard, many outlets quite a while before the show reported that every ticket was sold) and their totals were about 54,000. I've never seen any show that had seats on the field at Giants Stadium report ticket sales higher than 56,000. I do believe AC/DC's concert did have seats in the field.

The same happens with arenas. Take the Manchester Evening News Arena, for example - its official max capacity is 22,000. For end-stage concerts with general admission, that drops to some 19,500. When you have seats on the field, that can drop to as low as 13,500 - 14,000 people. Another example is with Madonna's 2001 tour - it was Madonna's first time touring in 8 years, it was riding on the back of a huge single ("Music") and a huge album (again, "Music") and it was widely reported that the tour quickly sold out every concert announced. Yet for the Philips Arena in Atlanta, which has a reported capacity of 19,000 - 21,000+ for concerts, the total attendance for the two shows Madonna did there was between 29,000 and 29,500 - meaning less than 15,000 people per show. And that show had a relatively small stage, with no B-stage.

Most arenas list capacities of around 20,000 for end-stage concerts, but that capacity is very rarely used. I mean, with the Elevation Tour, which was in-the-round as they sold the seats behind the stage, and had general admission, the shows usually had reported audiences of 15,000 - 18,500. There's no way you could increase the capacity of an arena for concerts any further than to make it in-the-round and general admission, yet the shows mostly didn't go up to 18,000. So imagine the drop in capacity when you don't sell the seats behind the stage, and when you have seats on the "field" (court? Pitch? What do you call the equivalent of the field in an arena?). The difference depends on the arena in conjunction with the stage set-up - sometimes the drop is minimal (as low as 1,500), and sometimes it's huge (as high as 7,000).

Anyways, of course it's possible that AC/DC didn't use the full capacity of a venue like BC Place Stadium, but it's difficult to tell because a number of factors can affect a venue's capacity quite dramatically. Obviously in some occasions there are no other explanations than a sell out definitely not being a real sell out (like the Police reporting a 29,000-people sell-out at the 100,000-capacity Melbourne Cricket Ground), but still.

1st- Didnt Moggio try to say that AC/DC were a bigger draw in the US, or in "regions" of the US than U2....LOL They couldn't sell 14k tickets in Chicago and U2 sold more than 130k in just two shows.

Anyway, the term "sold out" is important because it means that the demand/expectation was met. As for someone saying "then why not put 1 ticket on sale and you would sellout every night", well U2 spends 750k per day to keep this show going. If you figure 1 day to set up, 1 day to play and 1 day to ship out, thats 750k x 3 days= 2.25 million to break even (no profit). At $100 a ticket, that would mean they would need to sell a minimum of 22,500 tickets per show, or else they would go bankrupt.

U2 would not go bankrupt as Live Nation is footing bill for production etc.......u2 is just trying to be about big-
Biggest stage biggest tour biggest crowd etc etc... What a change imo.... It use to be about the music... now its outselling the pope. Or more people then Madonna.

The Rose Bowl DVD will be titled the largest North American Crowd to see 360 and u2 in USA..... But remember it is not as big as Rolling Stones Rio show. How you gonna beat Mick on that Bono???

The sellout crap is total BS.... U2 will only release 50,000 of 60,000 seats and if we sell 50,001 its rated as a sellout... As I said before it is the same way Goldman Sachs keeps their books......I notice this on ATYCLB tour when Charlotte had no seats behind stage sold but every other city did. Charlotte sold out by the bands estimate. LOL
OTher bands realize a sellout is when you sell out every seat in stadium......Also in promotion video for the u2 web broadcast there were a lot of empty seats in top of the arena but again it was sold out. I am sure after the tour if there were 40 shows all of them "sold OUt""" by U2 accountants...

Time to think more about the music then the show. It was boring to see the band have to hit their marks on the bridge or the outer cirlcle like a well rehearsed movie. I like spontaneous moments. The little kid on the stage is also ridiculous. COol once but this is second tour where Bono being limited by the wife and has to pick boys instead of Little girls or better yet some 30 year old dude wearing a RADIOHEAD tshirt......

THe setlist having hits more then rarities is the band realizing unlike popmart that in the USA U2 is not a live act playing rare and new songs but a band having to play greatest hits to fill the seats and pay the bills.

I feel the reason there is only one show in claifornia this year is to make demand tight so next year they can play SF and sell it out. IF they did both within a week they might have less then a sell out in LA. :ohmy:

The sellout crap is total BS.... U2 will only release 50,000 of 60,000 seats and if we sell 50,001 its rated as a sellout... As I said before it is the same way Goldman Sachs keeps their books......I notice this on ATYCLB tour when Charlotte had no seats behind stage sold but every other city did. Charlotte sold out by the bands estimate. LOL
OTher bands realize a sellout is when you sell out every seat in stadium......

No. Other bands also realise a sellout is when you sell out the allotted tickets. Don't try to make U2 different from the standard accounting practices in the industry. It'll make your arguments seem less valid since it looks like you want to grab anything just to make U2 look bad.

U2 would not go bankrupt as Live Nation is footing bill for production etc.......u2 is just trying to be about big-
Biggest stage biggest tour biggest crowd etc etc... What a change imo.... It use to be about the music... now its outselling the pope. Or more people then Madonna.

I was basing this quote on a "hypothetical" comment(why dont U2 sell just 1 ticket so every show is sold out), so my comment is also hypothetical based on a typical business model. If you take the logic you mention, which is of course real, then that is even more reason why U2/Live Nation would not release 1 ticket to a show. Live Nation, being a 3rd Party Vendor, cares more about making a bottom line than U2 would. So they would set the "capacity threshold" much higher. Again, I am basing this on the comment of "why dont U2 release 1 ticket to sell out every show".

Also, I understand your thoughts on "its not about the music its about being big" but I dont agree. U2 is not the Eagles, they are not Bob Dylan, they are not Maroon 5. Their music is bigger than that and I dont mean "my opinion is that U2 are bigger or better than those other artists", no , I mean their sound is larger. U2 is one of the very few artists whose songs explode in a large venue and it works for them (e.g. they aren't forcing it). They aren't folk singers and if you think U2 were not always about BIG, I think you are wrong again. In 1987 they started playing Stadium tours, but they didnt have the money nor the reputation to build a massive stage like they do now and have a massive company foot the bill. If in 1987 U2 had the money they have today and the popularity, I think we would have seen one hell of a massive tour back then. Its not a bad thing, its just different. Remember this, the alter ego of Mr. Macphisto and the massive stage designs of Zoo TV and POPMART were not just "lets try something different in the 90's and be bigger than big" thoughts...those thoughts were there while they were recording I will Follow, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride and Desire. It was only when they were accepted as being THE band that U2/Bono were able to dream out loud. Dont let those 80's mullets fool you, they always wanted to be bigger than big but they were and still are all about the music (at least I think they are).

The Rose Bowl DVD will be titled the largest North American Crowd to see 360 and u2 in USA..... But remember it is not as big as Rolling Stones Rio show. How you gonna beat Mick on that Bono???

OTher bands realize a sellout is when you sell out every seat in stadium......Also in promotion video for the u2 web broadcast there were a lot of empty seats in top of the arena but again it was sold out. I am sure after the tour if there were 40 shows all of them "sold OUt""" by U2 accountants...

Time to think more about the music then the show. It was boring to see the band have to hit their marks on the bridge or the outer cirlcle like a well rehearsed movie. I like spontaneous moments. The little kid on the stage is also ridiculous. COol once but this is second tour where Bono being limited by the wife and has to pick boys instead of Little girls or better yet some 30 year old dude wearing a RADIOHEAD tshirt......

THe setlist having hits more then rarities is the band realizing unlike popmart that in the USA U2 is not a live act playing rare and new songs but a band having to play greatest hits to fill the seats and pay the bills.

I feel the reason there is only one show in claifornia this year is to make demand tight so next year they can play SF and sell it out. IF they did both within a week they might have less then a sell out in LA. :ohmy:

Wow, sounds like you need more sleep or something! If you really don't like U2, its musical choices or its accounting practices, why don't you find another band that you DO enjoy. Not saying you shouldn't be critical of the band AT ALL, but there's not one positive note in your post. Life's too short, find a band that makes you happy. 1/3 of their live show setlist has to be new material. It gets harder and harder for a band like U2 to play a good mix of material and keep the hardcore and the casual fans happy. Let's face it, when you're playing to 70 or 80 thousand people, many thousands are just going to be casual fans who aren't familiar with the new material, and certainly wouldn't know an obscure track from an album from 20 years ago. It's got to be painful for the band to sit down and condense its 30 yr. career into 22 or 23 songs, when 6, 7, or even 8 of those songs need to be current material. I personally love the new album (and love it even more live) but for the casual thousands who are at every concert, it's not fun. People like to be able to sing along, goofy as that sounds, and most don't know that new material or the obscure songs the avid fans would love to hear. How 'bout an arena tour of B-sides? That would be fun.:D

BTW I can't wait for the YouTube Rose Bowl concert...should be fun and should present a totally different perspective. I've heard the internet concert from Sheffield, seen them live a few times and now I'll have this to add to the experience. Thanks, U2.

The Rolling Stones show in Rio was a free show...so I'm not really sure how you can compare the two.

Dont most artist play their "greatest hits" on tour???? If you can name me one artist that plays more rarities than hits on a stadium tour, please do. I mean do you really think that U2 is selling 70k tickets per show because people want to hear I threw a brick through a window...LOL.

Its almost a common sense decision, "98% of the people who see us love Where the Streets have no name live, and 8% of the people who see us love/know Trip through your wires"...not a hard decision.

Also, you sound like Moggio with your last statement. Yes, they probably are trying to maximize their ticket sales by playing 1 CA show this year...so what? What you are saying is that if they played LA and SF they might not sellout LA....so 2 shows in 2009 would produce 80,000 in LA and say 50,000 in SF OR split them up in 09 & 10 and you get 96,000 in LA and 50,000 in SF, again, not a hard decision because you get to play to more people. Just because U2 are trying to make money and maximize their attendance doesn't mean they dont care about the music.

It's got to be painful for the band to sit down and condense its 30 yr. career into 22 or 23 songs, when 6, 7, or even 8 of those songs need to be current material. I personally love the new album (and love it even more live) but for the casual thousands who are at every concert, it's not fun. People like to be able to sing along, goofy as that sounds, and most don't know that new material or the obscure songs the avid fans would love to hear. How 'bout an arena tour of B-sides? That would be fun.:D

BTW I can't wait for the YouTube Rose Bowl concert...should be fun and should present a totally different perspective. I've heard the internet concert from Sheffield, seen them live a few times and now I'll have this to add to the experience. Thanks, U2.

Very well said!! Its really a rock in a hard place for U2 (not me). If they play stadiums with 90k people in them and broadcast it live over YouTube or play SNL or the Super bowl you will get two responses every time:

1-Cool, I get to hear my favorite band on the internet and see them on SNL and I get to sing a long with 90k other people to my favorite songs...what a cool band

2-U2 are sellouts because they never used to play on SNL or any other TV show and having 90,000 people in a stadium isn't as cool as when they would play clubs with 100 people in them back in 79'. Also, the traffic is terrible when leaving a stadium (it really is but its worth it).

Honestly-I am not trying to start anything! But given one of the most vocal opponents against this tour being a success was poster "X". I want to repost the predictions that poster "X" made for comparison purposes. I really dont know how these shows will end out, but I feel that poster "X" may have, just slightly :sexywink:, underestimated U2's draw:

Start Quote: "Poster "X" predictions for U2 360 in North America:

City/Venue/Capacity/Tickets Sold/Gross/Average Ticket Price

October

1 Charlottesville, VA - Scott Stadium (attendance: 31,000/ GROSS: $2 million/$65)
3 Raleigh - Carter Finley Stadium (attendance: 31,000/ GROSS: $2 million/$65)
12 Dallas - Cowboys Stadium (attendance: 28,000/ GROSS: $1.8 million/$65)
14 Houston - Reliant Stadium (attendance: 31,000/ GROSS:$2 million/$65)
19 Norman, OK (Oklahoma City area) - University Memorial Stadium (attendance: 31,000/ GROSS: $2 million/$65)

markets in which u2's grosses have remained basically stagnant since the 90s:

~ dallas
~ houston (the 2005 show doesn't count because there was no austin/san antonio show)

what the hell are they going to do if they want to hit these above listed markets? Or are they going to skip them? Because at the prices they're charging nowadays, they won't even be able to sell out arena shows (or just barely in some cities) in these areas.

They'd still struggle to sell 25,000 tix in any of the midwestern and southern us markets i mentioned in my previous post.

Can you say popmart? -End Quote

Time to start reflecting back... the 1st two of the above "predictions" are in and it appears that poster "X" was off....WAY off.

1 Charlottesville, VA - Scott Stadium (attendance: 31,000/ GROSS: $2 million/$65) Attendance accuracy was 59% and gross accuracy was 42%
3 Raleigh - Carter Finley Stadium (attendance: 31,000/ GROSS: $2 million/$65)This is a bit more comical, attendance accuracy was 56% and gross accuracy was 40%

Two shows in and the attendance predicted is an average of 58% accurate.
Two shows in and the gross predicted is an average of 41% accurate.

I think the Dallas predication might take the cake on this one....

I could probably walk out on Copacabana beach in Rio with a guitar and have an attendance of over a million people!....:lol: don't let the badu2fan guy get to you he has no clue what he is talking about when it comes to the concert business..lol

A venue's capacity can change dramatically depending on the setup - with seats on the field for an end-stage concert, the capacity of Giants Stadium is, in fact, somewhere between 53,000 and 56,000. The Police played a sold out show (and by sold out I don't just mean a sold out as reported by Billboard, many outlets quite a while before the show reported that every ticket was sold) and their totals were about 54,000. I've never seen any show that had seats on the field at Giants Stadium report ticket sales higher than 56,000. I do believe AC/DC's concert did have seats in the field.

The Rolling Stones soldout Giants Stadium at a little over 59,000 on their A Bigger Bang Tour in 2005.

Anyways, of course it's possible that AC/DC didn't use the full capacity of a venue like BC Place Stadium, but it's difficult to tell because a number of factors can affect a venue's capacity quite dramatically. Obviously in some occasions there are no other explanations than a sell out definitely not being a real sell out (like the Police reporting a 29,000-people sell-out at the 100,000-capacity Melbourne Cricket Ground), but still.

Well, check out the following show by Madonna at the BC Place Stadium LAST YEAR. Seats on the field!

Madonna
October 30, 2008
Vancouver, British Columbia
BC Place Stadium
GROSS: $5,389,762
ATTENDANCE: 52,712

AC/DC
Vancouver, British Columbia
BC Place Stadium

Essentially the same configuration with seats on the field but Madonna's show is a sellout at a capacity of 52,712 VS AC/DC who sellout at 47,021.

The point here is that all artist in the industry release tickets in the same way. All of these artist have shows that are marked "sellouts", even though the maximum physical capacity of the venue, for the particular show given stage set up, is not used.

Also, the average Arena show on U2's Vertigo and Elevation shows soldout at 18,500. While there is obviously a reduction in capacity with an endstage seated set up, I have seen boxscores of shows at those venues with higher capacities than the one's listed for AC/DC.

Well, U2 could always go down to RIO next year and have a FREE concert like the Rolling Stones did. Were talking about concerts that people actually PAY to see, not free shows where the audiance figure is ESTIMATED!

Sorry, but your hero Bruce Springsteen does exactly the same thing, as does every other artist in the industry. I can post boxscores if you would like to see the evidence. For Example, Bruce Springsteen played to just over 30,000 people at Hershey Stadium in Hershey PA, but when he played there again in the Spring of 2009, the show was soldout at 29,000.

If you don't like U2, why do you spend time coming to a U2 fan website?

The setlist has the same number of hits from the 1980s as any POPMART show did. In fact, it has less hits from the 80s than POPMART Chicago did!

In addition, the vast majority of tickets for this tour were purchased before the first show occured, so people bought tickets without knowing at all what the band would play precisely.

I feel the reason there is only one show in claifornia this year is to make demand tight so next year they can play SF and sell it out. IF they did both within a week they might have less then a sell out in LA.

Well, it will be interesting to hear your comments on this if they play San Diego, LA and San Francisco next year.

Either way, light years ahead of Springsteen who struggled to get to 42,000 in attendance on the Rising Tour at Dodger Stadium and was unable to sellout arena shows in California on his most recent tour.

I'm glad Maoil knows what he is talking about. The majority of the "few" empty seats on this tour are scapled tickets that were not resold.

I wish people would read the whole thread where Maoil and others made crystal clear the criteria used by the industry to consider a show sold out or not. In doing so, they will spare us from the same LAME arguments the keep repeating again and again.

The time period for this years Billboard awards is from October 1, 2008 to September 30, 2009. All concert grosses reported during that period will count. All of Madonna's concert grosses will count, since her first report occured October 2, 2008. This means all $407 million of Madonna's gross will count towards her total making her the winner. After 36 shows, U2 360 is at $262 million. AC/DC has played a lot of shows and is somewhere around $150 million to $200 million I think.

But by the time U2 360 finishes in December 2010, the gross should be over $700 million making it by far the highest grossing tour of all time.

So madonna's 17 shows in Europe from aug 23rd 2008 to sept 27 2008 wasn't reported until october 2nd 2008?

New boxscores!

Only two shows reported this week.
U2
Dallas Texas
Cowboys Stadium
$6,664,880
70,766/70,766
1/1
U2
Tampa Florida
Raymond James Stadium
$6,399,375
72,688/72,688
1/1

Bruce Spingsteen #1
Giants stadium
$22,570,336
260,668/270,388
5/4

U2
Dallas Texas
Cowboys Stadium
$6,664,880
70,766/70,766
1/1
U2
Tampa Florida
Raymond James Stadium
$6,399,375
72,688/72,688
1/1

Bruce Spingsteen #1
Giants stadium
$22,570,336
260,668/270,388
5/4

Wow...so Dallas was over 70,000 after all! I'm glad to be proven wrong. :applaud:

Totals so far

Europe Leg 2009
Total number of shows-24
Number of sellouts-24
Total gross-$188,344,444
Average gross per show-$7,847,685
Average ticket price-$107
Total attendance-1,759,222
Average attendance-73,301

N.A. Leg 2009
Total number of shows-14
Number of sellouts-14
Total gross-$87,650,815
Average gross per show-$6,260,773
Average ticket price-$92.36
Total attendance-948,985
Average attendance per show-67,785

U2 360 World Tour
Total number of shows-38
Number of sellouts-38
Total gross-$275,995,259
Average gross per show-$7,263,003
Average ticket price-$101.9
Total Attendance-2,708,207
Average attendance per show-71,269

U2 360 TOUR

1ST LEG EUROPE

June 30, July 2, 2009
Barcelona, Spain
Camp Nou
GROSS: $19,825,497 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 182,055 (RECORD)
SHOWS: 2
SELLOUTS: 2
Average Ticket Price: $108.90

July 7-8, 2009
Milan, Italy
Stadio San Siro
GROSS: $15,168,799 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 153,806 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $98.62

July 11-12, 2009
Paris, France
Stade De France
GROSS: $20,902,760 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 186,544 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $112.05

July 15, 2009
Nice, France
Stade Charles Erhmann, Nice
GROSS: $6,261,208
ATTENDANCE: 55,641
SELLOUTS :1
Average Ticket Price: $112.53

July 18, 2009
Berlin, Germany
Olympic Stadium
GROSS: $9,169,830 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 88,265 (RECORD)
SHOWS :1
Average Ticket Price: $103.89

July 20-21, 2009
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Amsterdam Arena
GROSS: $12,583,998
ATTENDANCE: 125,866
Average Ticket Price: $99.98

July 24-25, 27, 2009
Dublin, Ireland
Croke Park
GROSS: $28,815,352 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 243,198
SHOWS: 3
SELLOUTS: 3
Average Ticket Price: $118.49

July 31 - August 1, 2009
Goteborg, Sweden
Ullevi Stadion
GROSS: $11,047,995
ATTENDANCE: 119,297
Average Ticket Price: $92.61

August 3, 2009
Gelsenkirchen, Germany
Veltins-Arena
GROSS: $7,292,826 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 73,704 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $98.95

August 6, 2009
Chorzow, Poland
Slaski Stadium
GROSS: $6,414,960 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 75,180 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $85.33

August 9-10, 2009
Zagreb, Croatia
Maksimir Stadium
GROSS: $12,700,784 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 124,012 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $102.42

August 14-15, 2009
London, United Kingdom
Wembley Stadium
GROSS: $20,680,860
ATTENDANCE: 164,244
Average Ticket Price: $125.92

August 18, 2009
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Hampden Park
GROSS: $5,290,103
ATTENDANCE: 50,917
Average Ticket Price: $103.90

August 20, 2009
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Don Valley Stadium
GROSS: $5,147,896
ATTENDANCE: 49,955
Average Ticket Price: $103.05

August 22, 2009
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Millennium Stadium
GROSS: $7,041,576 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 66,538 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $105.83

U2 360 TOUR: 1ST LEG EUROPE STATS

GROSS: $188,344,444
ATTENDANCE: 1,759,222
Average Gross: $7,847,685
Average Attendance: 73,301
Average Ticket Price: $107.06
Shows: 24
Sellouts: 24

2ND LEG NORTH AMERICA

September 12-13, 2009
Chicago, Illinois
Soldier Field
GROSS: $13,860,480 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 135,872 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $102.01

September 16-17, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Rogers Centre
GROSS: $9,571,672
ATTENDANCE: 115,411
Average Ticket Price: $82.94

September 20-21, 2009
Foxboro, Massachusetts
Gillette Stadium
GROSS: $12,859,778 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 138,805 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $92.65

September 23-24, 2009
Giants Stadium
GROSS: $16,128,950
ATTENDANCE: 161,810
Average Ticket Price: $99.68

September 29, 2009
Landover, Maryland
Fedex Field
GROSS: $6,718,315 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 84,754 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $79.27

October 1, 2009
Charlottesville, Virginia
Scott Stadium
GROSS: $4,738,695
ATTENDANCE: 52,433
Average Ticket Price: $90.38

October 3, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
Carter-Finely Stadium
GROSS: $4,962,240 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 55,027
Average Ticket Price: $90.18

October 6, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Georgia Dome
GROSS: $5,746,430 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 61,419 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $93.56

October 9, 2009
Tampa, Florida
Raymond James Stadium
GROSS: $6,399,375 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 72,688 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $88.04

October 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Cowboys Stadium
GROSS: $6,664,880 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 70,766 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $94.18

U2 360 TOUR: 2ND LEG NORTH AMERICAN STATS

GROSS: $87,650,815
ATTENDANCE: 948,985
Average Gross: $6,260,773
Average Attendance: 67,785
Average Ticket Price: $92.36
Shows: 14
Sellouts: 14

U2 360 TOUR: TOTAL STATS TO DATE

GROSS: $275,995,259
ATTENDANCE: 2,708,207
Average Gross: $7,263,033
Average Attendance: 71,269
Average Ticket Price: $101.91
Shows: 38
Sellouts: 38

Huge numbers for the first 38 shows of the tour!

U2
Dallas Texas
Cowboys Stadium
$6,664,880
70,766/70,766
1/1
U2
Tampa Florida
Raymond James Stadium
$6,399,375
72,688/72,688
1/1

Bruce Spingsteen #1
Giants stadium
$22,570,336
260,668/270,388
5/4

Thanks for the Boxscores!:up:

The Dallas show attendance is obviously a record for a concert at the new Cowboys Stadium. It is not a record though for Dallas area or the state of Texas. U2 needed to get past 78,000 to set that record.

The Tampa attendance is a record for the Tampa area and is just 542 tickets shy of being the record for the entire state of Florida. But this show was soldout weeks in advance so the only reason U2 did not set the state record was because the venue played was not large enough to do that.

Big difference between POPMART Tampa and 360 Tampa:

U2 POPMART
November 10, 1997
Tampa, Florida
Houlihan's Stadium
GROSS: $893,865
ATTENDANCE: 17,776
Average Ticket Price: $50.29

U2 360
October 9, 2009
Tampa, Florida
Raymond James Stadium
GROSS: $6,399,375 (RECORD)
ATTENDANCE: 72,688 (RECORD)
Average Ticket Price: $88.04

Here is a another little comparison with Bruce Springsteen and Giants Stadium:

Bruce Springsteen: Working On A Dream Tour
September 30, October 2, 3, 8, 9, 2009
Giants stadium
GROSS: $22,570,336
ATTENDANCE: 260,668 (capacity: 270,388)
SHOWS: 5
SELLOUTS: 4
Average Ticket Price: $86.59

Bruce Springsteen: Born In The USA Tour
August 18, 19, 21, 22, 31, & September 1, 1985
Giants Stadium
GROSS: $6,946,380
ATTENDANCE: 396,936
SHOWS: 6
SELLOUTS: 6
Average Ticket Price: $17.50

U2
Dallas Texas
Cowboys Stadium
$6,664,880
70,766/70,766
1/1
U2
Tampa Florida
Raymond James Stadium
$6,399,375
72,688/72,688
1/1

Bruce Spingsteen #1
Giants stadium
$22,570,336
260,668/270,388
5/4

As stated before I dont think I would want to have u2 for my accounting..... Now I understand why we have bubbles in our economics since counting seats filled is not how you sellout a venue just like Goldman Sachs sold thier mortgage back secutities to all the innocent people. Doesn't Dallas stadium hold over 90,000. I bet Norman Sold out too....:shifty:
No shit this will be the biggest tour ever..... A NaSA astronaut could have told you that.... They see it from spacelab every night.
As for people wanting U2 to have the only stadium tour to sell out every night.... NOT.....You have to be a beliver.... Not a realist... Strange world IMO>>>>
At least the boss was proud enough to say only 4 out of 5 shows in NJ sold out..... 260,000 fans is quite a feat. Can u2 beat that in any ony city>?>
:hmm:

Dublin Croke Park 3 / 3 243,198 / 243,198 (100%) $28,815,352

They could of easily played another show just to beat the Boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom