True Blood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly, that might have been my favorite episode of the series. Of course that could be related to the fact that there was a ton of Eric and he was in a tank top. :drool:

I love Godric, he's so very Gandhi and makes an excellent point about evolution seeing as he's actually witnessed it. Oh and Jason totally redeemed himself, the smackdown of Steve was great, and he had the line of the night.

I do agree that the Maryanne plot is wearing thin, and that there needs to be more Lafayette. I love that man.

I finally figured out who the actress who plays Maryanne is! She was in the movie "Kalifornia" with David Duchovny, Brad Pitt and Juliette Lewis. I liked that movie a lot, and her specifically. :D

I like the idea of Godric, but I don't think the actor who plays him is very good; he's just not convincing to me at all for the lines Godric is given to say.

I like Sookie, but Bill is getting on my nerves. He is always pissed off or super serious and he's never happy or never smiles . . . even Eric smiles, and I consider him a fairly serious vampire. Bill is just one-note: angry . . . Ooooh boy, please! Can I be in a relationship with him? Fun. Not! :|

Having said all that, this is still my favorite show on television right now. I just hope the next episode is better than this 'Timebomb' one was.

Bill should not be in the same frame with Eric.

Each time it happens his stock goes down a bit.

He held his own with Sam.

But Eric is no Sam.

All the vampires (except Jessica and maybe Bill's maker) have that one-note kind of look. Bill's is angry, Eric's is bored, Eric's bitch's (I forgot her name) is extremely bored. Sam and Lafayette are probably the best actors of the bunch. Everyone else (especially Tara and Sookie) overact but, hey, it's a TV show and it's highly entertaining.

I know Maryanne from "In Treatment". She and her mole annoyed me in that show but while I'm tiring of her character in this, she's pretty good.

I know Michelle Forbes/Maryanne from her days as Ensign Ro Laren on Star Trek TNG. Yes, I'm a geek.

As for the acting, it's not groundbreaking, but it's entertaining. I love the line delivery on Eric, Pam, Jessica and Lafayette. Jessica's impersonation of Bill was freaking hilarious.

That episode was simultaneously awesome and terrible. Some weak scenes (it seems that whenever they reminisce on grandma I fall asleep), but plenty of great ones too.

Seriously though: Eric. Oh lordy. I used to not like him much. How did he suddenly morph into the sexiest and baddest of vampires? All of a sudden I'm bored with Bill. I can't blame Sookie, not at all.

Finally some action for Lafayette, too. I hope it's him who ends up killing Maryanne somehow!

Holy Crap. This show just keeps getting better and better. I actually got misty at the end. Oh and yeah Eric owns,
when he's crying, when he's naked, when he's outsmarking sookie, when he's smirking, pretty much all the time.

^pretty much all of this. I definately got misty at the end.

Finally some action for Lafayette, too.

Yup, definitely my favorite moment of the episode was Lafayette beating the crap out of Eggs.

The last sequence on the roof was very nicely done as well, and the last shot of the episode was I think the only time I can remember the show not ending on some crazy cliffhanger moment. Good change of style there.

It's Tuesday already. Where are my fellow fangbangers? I was kind of out of it when I watched this week's episode. I need to watch it again but Lafayette rules everything. :bow:

Well, on a show that is as over the top as anything on TV, this was maybe the most over the top episode yet. Parts of it almost seemed like a season finale...with the fast pace and tons of action. Loved it. As trojanchick said, it seems like we're building toward some huge, epic confrontation.

Also, I'll put this in the spoiler tag, although I'm sure some of you already have heard about this...

I know who's playing the "Queen", and I couldn't be more excited about it. Great casting choice, and I can't wait to see what they do with the character. :heart:

TRUE BLOOD BEST HBO RATINGS SINCE THE SOPRANOS

The off-kilter vampire series True Blood is drawing audiences to HBO the likes of which the pay-TV network hasn't seen since the days of The Sopranos. Sunday's episode averaged 5.3 million viewers, the largest audience HBO has drawn for a scripted series since April 2004, excluding The Sopranos runs. HBO said that when additional airings of the show were included, plus DVR viewing and HBO On Demand, the True Blood episode actually drew 11.6 million.

26/08/2009

I've started watching the second season - good so far.

The fact that Bill owns a Wii cracks me up, that and when he gives the recycling speech to Jessica.

lol, yes. Both of those scenes are great. My favorite line is when Eric asks why Bill doesn't return his texts, and Bill responds something like, "I do not like typing on the number bad." I love how he's always so serious.

Last night I caught up and am now on REAL TIME with this show. I didn't think I'd like anything but Anna Paquin, but the show is awesome.

evwoodtrue1024.jpg

two weeks until the finale

this episode - could have been edited down to 30 minutes

this season - could have been edited down to half the episodes

TRUE BLOOD BEST HBO RATINGS SINCE THE SOPRANOS

The off-kilter vampire series True Blood is drawing audiences to HBO the likes of which the pay-TV network hasn't seen since the days of The Sopranos. Sunday's episode averaged 5.3 million viewers, the largest audience HBO has drawn for a scripted series since April 2004, excluding The Sopranos runs. HBO said that when additional airings of the show were included, plus DVR viewing and HBO On Demand, the True Blood episode actually drew 11.6 million.

26/08/2009

Ha. Beav watches True Blood. I think i'll probably stop watching the show now.

Coincidence that the ratings soared after I started watching? I don't think so. That's how fucking powerful I am. You want to stop watching, GAF, go ahead. With 11.6M people, we won't miss you. Goddamn teenage dirtbag.

Alright, Evan Rachel Wood as The Queen is probably the hottest thing ever on the show this side of Lafayette.

But other than that, yeah, this most recent episode didn't propel the plot much further at all. We're not really any closer to the big showdown than we were two episodes ago. Still awesome, though. Eric can fly.

And Evan Rachel Wood. :drool::drool::drool:

YAHTZEE!

Eric can fly.

Yeah. All those episodes where Bill would tell Sookie "I have to leave tonight" for one thing or another and here it is the end of season 2 and we're just now finding out exactly the means by which a vampire "leaves tonight." :drool:

I'm really sick of the Maryann plot line and all the black-eyed peeps. Let's wrap this thing up in the season finale and get a new plot line going next season that involves serious amounts of Lafayette and vampires and vampire blood and shape-shifting Sam and fangbanging Jason. That's pretty much all I care about at this point. Back to the season 1 basics only better, please.

I still like Maryann A LOT! :yes: Yes, that plotline does need to get resolved soon, but I'm still digging it and I like how they plotted out Bon Temp's downward spiral under her control over the whole season. It probably could've been shortened by a couple episodes, but I still liked it.

What/who I no longer like is Bill. His constant one-note anger and over-seriousness has just really gotten to me. I liked him first season, but I really cannot stand him this season. Everytime I see that super serious face of his onscreen, I just get :angry: :mad: He has no humor in him at all. :down:

What/who I no longer like is Bill. His constant one-note anger and over-seriousness has just really gotten to me. I liked him first season, but I really cannot stand him this season. Everytime I see that super serious face of his onscreen, I just get :angry: :mad: He has no humor in him at all. :down:

I agree, I am totally devoted to team Eric now :love:

I like how they left Layfette in the series...he gets killed off in the book...he's such a great character.
As for Eric....oh just you all wait! Yum-E!

Back
Top Bottom