The advantages of owning very expensive mobile phones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
As some of you know, I live in Ireland ces jours-ci. Owning a mobile phone is de rigeur here. (I also know more French people than ever in my life--and I come from a bilingual English-French country.) Vodafone has a new phone which allows you to take little digital pictures and send them to your friends. Over the weekend I met a guy I slightly know who had run into Bono here in Dublin and got a picture of himself with him. Unfortunately I don't have it available to post here but it was quite cute. Apparently Bono was walking with one of his daughters, and I'm hoping I would have restrained myself from rushing over to him, but this guy is just that sort of person ;) It's funny because it was just like the Vodafone ads where you get a picture of yourself and David Beckham in the grocery store by the vegetables.

Why are they called Mobile in some places and Cellular in others?

Why are these different names for the same thing still occuring in this modern age. Its just not logical.

In German they are called a Handy.
Just to add to the confusion.
Don't know the French word for it (because knowing the French culture a little bit I suspect they do not want to use an English word, so they'll translate it).

C ya!

Marty

BTW, that was a cool experience, taking a photo of Bono with a mobile!

Popmartijn said:
In German they are called a Handy.
Just to add to the confusion.
Don't know the French word for it (because knowing the French culture a little bit I suspect they do not want to use an English word, so they'll translate it).

C ya!

Marty

BTW, that was a cool experience, taking a photo of Bono with a mobile!

Yup, Handy, when I first came here...people thought i was talking about a Camera not a phone (very confusing).

Cool experience....being in the same place as Bono is cool let alone taking a pic.

Back
Top Bottom