***SPOILERS*** U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour - Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll give 13 a shot (crazy thought, maybe see if it sucks before bashing it!), but I don't like this ending on a sad depressing song thing. Leave on a high

I'd be fine with them playing 13 if SFS wasn't in the set previously. Whether I'd like it or not I'd leave until I saw it to judge, but having both songs in there (when I know SFS sucked last time) is just ...

I'll give 13 a shot (crazy thought, maybe see if it sucks before bashing it!)

But that would mean we'd have to base something on what we actually see, as opposed to the stuff we read online and just making assumptions.

Kind of like when people criticize the "same old set list", despite the fact most of us only go to 1-3 shows a tour, if that even!

I'd be fine with them playing 13 if SFS wasn't in the set previously. Whether I'd like it or not I'd leave until I saw it to judge, but having both songs in there (when I know SFS sucked last time) is just ...

Oddly enough, SFS actually grew on me a bit more as a result of seeing it live. Before that, it was probably my least favorite off the album and more or less left me indifferent.

13 leaves me wondering if it will work live though. However, I'm willing to be surprised here...

So wait, contrary to initial reports, Wild Horses was rehearsed last night, right?

So, I haven't been keeping up too much with all the changing rehearsal lists. But, Desire?? Pride?!? So played out.
And am I wrong that they are not playing single they are sending to radio this week?! Only this band man.
Get out the megaphone and play American Soul :|

I've been to 10+ shows and have never seen Desire live. At least yet anyway.

I have been to 13 starting with popmart, and I have only heard it once. That’s weird, I assumed I’d heard it live several times, especially at all 3 elevation shows. Never really thought about it.

I've never heard it live but U2 played it while I was lining up for a U2 show a few kms away. Yeah.

So, I haven't been keeping up too much with all the changing rehearsal lists. But, Desire?? Pride?!? So played out.
And am I wrong that they are not playing single they are sending to radio this week?! Only this band man.
Get out the megaphone and play American Soul :|

I agree if Desire is the terrible acoustic version, but seems like reports that its closer to the recent iheart radio version, which is much closer to the full on zootv version. If it is like that I am fine with it every night.

If they play the iHeart version of Desire it will be very nice.:D

It's pretty much the ZooTV/iHeart "Hollywood remix" version with the heavy distorted guitar which is fine by me.

Since reintroducing it occasionally during the Elevation tour, it's almost always played as a neutered acoustic version and even when they've played a "electric" version in more recent years, it still lacked any of the power and drive the original live version from the Lovetown tour had. I'm not a huge fan of this reworking, but at least it gives the song it's balls back and it rocks.

Because it was a bore live, thematic link or not.
But on blu-ray, it looked and sounded fantastic.

If you hated the song going in, nothing about it's performance was likely to change your opinion.

If you were meh or above on the song, you probably enjoyed it.

I was meh on the studio version - I enjoyed it live.

:lol:

What time is it in the world????

I agree if Desire is the terrible acoustic version, but seems like reports that its closer to the recent iheart radio version, which is much closer to the full on zootv version. If it is like that I am fine with it every night.

I wouldnt be a huge fan of the song but they played it in Dublin in 2015 and it was brilliant .
Really high tempo ,got the crowd really going ,they played it on the B stage .

Have to say the rehearsed setlists are piss poor.
Too many new songs ,they were a real dampner in 2015 .

They said they'd play rarities, not only one song. My dad's gonna fall asleep when they play acrobat. So I think they are going to play some more and include streets.

It was fine for what it was - a stab at an Adele-type torch song. There were/are other songs that work well in its place and aren't as boring.

They said they'd play rarities, not only one song. My dad's gonna fall asleep when they play acrobat. So I think they are going to play some more and include streets.

7.5 SOE songs
2 songs not played since 2006
1 song played once since 2005
1 song played once since 2001
1 song played full electric hardly ever since 1993
1 song never played

Last edited:
JT30: they sold out, they're a dinosaur act, they're the Rolling Stones

e/i: I wish they'd play more old songs

This thing needs a "Like" button.

WRT to the omission of "Streets" from the setlist: if you went to a Sinatra concert and he failed to sing "My Way," you'd burn the fucking place to the ground.

JT30: they sold out, they're a dinosaur act, they're the Rolling Stones

e/i: I wish they'd play more old songs

good songs.

they don't have to place warhorses, but playing a lot of mediocre to terrible songs is not a good plan.

I would much rather hear streets or wowoy live for the 35th time than american soul, song for someone, all because of you, your the best thing, cedarwood road, Elevation ....
It's not a matter of new songs, its playing mediocre songs.

They could easily tell the Dublin section by rotating other songs. The could tell the same story just as powerfully with songs rotate in. Doesn't have to be the same exact section. I really loved that part, and was powerful- because of the story-telling. It doesn't need to be the exact same.

they don't have to place warhorses, but playing a lot of mediocre to terrible songs is not a good plan.

I would much rather hear streets or wowoy live for the 35th time than american soul, song for someone, all because of you, your the best thing, cedarwood road, Elevation ....
It's not a matter of new songs, its playing mediocre songs.

The problem is that the definition of a "good" or "mediocre" song is going to differ with every single person you ask.

I'm just thinking of what's a U2 concert going to be like without Streets? It's hard for me to imagine.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom