***SPOILERS*** U2 eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour - Rehearsals/Soundcheck Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Given that Sil had asked about Two Hearts Beat as One in 2015 (and they played it later that night), I guess there’s a chance it’ll happen soon.

If it does happen, it’ll be another point for the trainspotters. :wink:

She is taking credit for that? I and a friend actually asked Bono that the afternoon of the show! And I did not see Sil around at that point. And we had been campaigning for that for awhile.

By now she's probably taking credit for the JT30 tour coming to Brazil.

She is...the Most Interesting Woman on The Planet.

U2 comes to her for set list advice
Colonel Sanders borrows a cup of flour from her kitchen
Neymar asks her advice on bicycle kicks

She doesn't always drink beer, but when she does she drinks Fosters (along with all the Aussie Interferencers)

"Stay on the rail my friends"

Last edited:
Sil was the only woman on screen during Ultra Violet last year

I guess I'm the only one who wants Magnificent instead... :reject:

I’m with you. While I look forward to hearing Acrobat love for the first time, I would rather have Magnificent. I also would be very okay with them if they got rid of the snap chat filter segment too.

The fact there is even one person in the world who would prefer Magnificent over Acrobat is shocking enough. Two, I don't even.

Next thing somebody's going to say they'd rather a flaming bag of shit on their doorstep than a nice big bag full of $100 notes.

I mean, I really do like Magnificent quite a bit. But to say you'd rather hear it than Acrobat?

giphy.gif

I mean, I really do like Magnificent quite a bit. But to say you'd rather hear it than Acrobat?

giphy.gif

Every time I start my car and the Bluetooth connects to my iPhone, Acrobat starts playing automatically (I’m guessing it’s an alphabetical thing because it doesn’t play the last song I was listening to) and I can’t stop it fast enough. I just never liked the song and it’s my least favorite on Achtung. I don’t think it’s a bad song, I just don’t care for it (similar to Bullet the Blue).

I do prefer Acrobat over acoustic TBT and 13 if that makes me a little less insane :)

To think you'd waste the opportunity for a request on The Showman, too.

To think you'd waste the opportunity for a request on The Showman, too.

Seriously. It sounded "ok" in rehearsals but I wouldn't swap any of the current "rotational" (lol) songs for it.

Because every setlist they've ever played has been so perfect?

The cringe factor is strong in the interaction. You can feel the energy change when she brought up The Showman. I wonder if it’s because he’s trying to avoid going on record that they’ll play it, or he’s thinking how the fuck do you know we rehearsed it?

I think to myself, if I got the chance to be close enough to any of these guys to request a song, it’d be something off POP.

But then I remember walking down a side street next to MSG during Vertigo and Bono comes out of a door wearing his cowboy hat, about 10 feet away from me. Two woman are there to get an autograph and chat. And there’s me thinking holy shit what do I say? Over and over in my head. When he’s done with the women he looks at me and I blurt out “you guys are the best. Thank you”.

His reaction was pretty funny.

It’s a good song but I don’t think it should be a permanent part of the set. A fun e stage song to throw in the mix every now and then. Sounds a bit empty live.

God please no. Of all the songs to wish to be added to the set list, this one comes in near dead last for me. :sick:

The cringe factor is strong in the interaction. You can feel the energy change when she brought up The Showman. I wonder if it’s because he’s trying to avoid going on record that they’ll play it, or he’s thinking how the fuck do you know we rehearsed it?

I think to myself, if I got the chance to be close enough to any of these guys to request a song, it’d be something off POP.

But then I remember walking down a side street next to MSG during Vertigo and Bono comes out of a door wearing his cowboy hat, about 10 feet away from me. Two woman are there to get an autograph and chat. And there’s me thinking holy shit what do I say? Over and over in my head. When he’s done with the women he looks at me and I blurt out “you guys are the best. Thank you”.

:up:

If I got past the "you guys are awesome, thanks for all the good times" bit of blather, which is questionable, I'd ask after Womanfish to make them laugh or 11 O'clock Tick Tock for long-shot purposes.

This tour, if I had a clear enough mind to be realistic in the moment, I'd ask after The Fly, since it was rehearsed, or if Drowning Man is ever going to get a guernsey, given Bono started snippeting it again last year. OR A SORT OF FUCKING HOMECOMING since they know how to play it.

I've met or been close to them enough times to be past the nervousness and know exactly what I'd say:
"Fuck the casuals, play Promenade you sodding wankers."

Back
Top Bottom