Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing version of EBW. Best performance on the promo run yet for me. Had me on my knees

JAlso, am I seriously hearing overdub vocals on the "vol-ca-no" from the album? Really? Or is that Edge? Sounds like 3 voices to me, and one is Bono's vocal track from the album.

I thought it was edge giving backing vocals. Didnt like edge singing it as him and bono were singing it at different times

EBW is so so beautiful and intimate. Love the strings, love Larry joining in towards the end. Also, nice Bono closeups :sexywink:

EBW is a classic now, I really think this acoustic version and the acoustic one of SFS that they did on Graham Norton last week leave people more impressed than the usual rockers.

I hope they'll get back to playing Volcano and improve it live.

As beautiful as EBW is acoustic, they'd better bring the full electric out for the tour. It has tons of crowd potential and I'd rather see it electric and with full crowd participation rather than the acoustic one which sadly may put live crowds on a snoozefest. (Ala Stuck and IALW)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using U2 Interference mobile app

It would be equal with HTDAAB, which got six songs on its promo tour in 2004 - despite that promo tour having only seven shows (same number as this time, so far).

Cheers. Hopefully if they do some in America they crack out some more.

It was alright, the edge's guitar rift really lacked balls though

Perhaps there will be some mixing work done before the Friday extended broadcast?

Again, EBW was beautiful. What else can be said.

I love you Volcano but you need a little work. However seeing as it was your first outing, it'll cut you some slack.

I know Bono makes some people swoon, but that stuff belongs in PLEBA :wink:
lol

I'm starting to get the feeling that EBW will be the "classic" that is associated with this album going forward. Forgive use of the word classic but you get what I mean, sort of like Moment of Surrender for NLoTH.

lol

I'm starting to get the feeling that EBW will be the "classic" that is associated with this album going forward. Forgive use of the word classic but you get what I mean, sort of like Moment of Surrender for NLoTH.

I really think both EBW versions walk all over MOS! Not in the same class in my opinion

lol

I think so too. I also think they missed a trick not having it as the first single, and playing it at the Apple event. The temp would have put so many people off balance. They didn't need to play a 'rock' song. It's not like the tech-heads were moshing in the aisles.

Personally I thought Volcano was definitely the better of the two. :shrug:

(And I like EBW more on the album.)

On twitter:
@U2UKFanfeed: On the show broadcast on Friday, they play 'Volcano', 'Every Breaking Wave' and 'California (There Is No End To Love)' #U2 #JoolsHolland

Loved volcano more after just watching it again. Still expect the edge to kick off on tour though!!

Such an 80's sounding track,it would fit between war and TUF i think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom