Song Wars!: All Because of You vs. Electrical Storm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If ABOY is giving us even the slightest hint at what the sound of the new album is going to be like then I think it deserves some respect. Just from hearing that clip I can't judge if I like it better than ES but it is really refereshing and exciting to hear them playing new material :dance: :yes:

Axver said:

Invest in headphones.

I have very good headphones, and this clip is still a muffled, muddy mess. A more distinct muffled, muddy mess, but still a mess. The greatest speakers in the world will not change the fact that the recording quality stinks. :D

The one thing that does stand out (to me) is that Bono's voice sounds a little thin and possibly off key in parts of the chorus, so he might be singing it live. But I'm not exactly going to cast judgement on it since it's...you guessed it, a muffled, muddy mess. :)

Soooo, based on that, my opinion is that ES is the better song. Not that I think too highly of ES, but a muffled mess doesn't exactly give me any inspiration.

Last edited:
Sorry for taking the mickey discothequeLP. I sincerely thought you couldn't be serious. Because of this thread though, I did burn my illegal copy of the clip 84 times onto a cd to listen to in the car. I went for a long drive so I could listen to it uninterrupted, but unfortunately I drove the car off a cliff as I was not paying any attention to the road. When I came to in the hospital, an ambulance officer told me I was muttering about how people will complain that Bono's voice just doesn't sound as good anymore.
And really, I think this is true. Bono's voice on this track is so bad. It's like he's singing in a bad storm.

I heard the clip and All because of you is going to run circles around Electrical Storm...Not a big fan of Electrical and can already tell that this song is going to be huge just like the album...

Our sincere apologies discotecheLP.

I really think that U2 could have done without the wind part and perhaps added a second verse - 53 seconds seems a bit short for a rock n roll tune. So, I'll go with ES - MWAHAHAHAHAH

es wins because ive actually heard the whole freakin song and more than 53 seconds of somethign recorded outside of a studio.

that said, all because of you will probably be a beter song.

No need to invest in headphones, got a Dollar Tree in town? They have some for only a buck. As fast as they break for me I won't use anything else.

Back
Top Bottom