Something i noticed in Red Hill Mining Town Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahh, this is a good place for an announcement: unlike most of Interference, I don't particularly like RHMT. :reject:

Axver speaks sooth.

One Tree Hill >>> Red Hill Mining Town>>>>the rest of the album.

I'd rank it Streets > WOWY > One Tree Hill > MOTD and RTSS > SHF > well, I don't really like anything else on the album. Streets, WOWY, and OTH are all incredible songs, though.

Along with LNOE this is easily one of their most silly videos. Great great song though. You can tell Bono is totally busting his arse to sing it. Pity then that meant they have never played it live.

Great that they finally released the Red Hill Mining Town video. They made it, it existed, good to have in the collection.

But before slamming it, consider that even the band didn't think it was great which was one of the reasons that they 'shelved' it for 20 years.

Along with LNOE this is easily one of their most silly videos. Great great song though. You can tell Bono is totally busting his arse to sing it. Pity then that meant they have never played it live.

The video is cheesy as hell, but it's worth a watch every now and then.

And they've done worse videos. Elevation or US Stuck, anyone?

I can never really tell if I like RHMT that much or not. That's the kinda song I can love one day and find a drab bore the next.

Swell video, though!

Well I really like RHMT but the video is pretty bad.

On to compare the songs on TJT: Streets > BTBS > RTSS > IGC > WOWY > rest

Wow:lol: That's the first I've ever seen that. How did Edge and Adam get off so easy throwing canaries while Larry and Bono are sweating it out:hmm:

I kinda like the Elevation video. It's fun and silly and ridiculous, just like the song. :heart:

As for the US Stuck, I have never witnessed so much fail in my life. :tsk:

Agreed on both accounts. US Stuck is a disaster.

But RHMT! :love:

I was listening to this song on my ipod while riding to work a week or two ago, and it just.. clicked with me. I never cared much for the song... but now I have to say it's one of my faves from JT. I love the simple bassline, the double guitar, Bono's voice which he'll never be able to do live... dang.

I dont know how you guys can catergorize the songs from The Joshua Tree when it is quite possibly the greatest disc ever and every song is a classic. I dont know where I'd start a list.

It's quite easy when you don't consider it to be the greatest cd ever.. I don't like all the songs on it, and I don't like them all equally so it helps making a list.
And even for AB, the album I consider U2's best, I'd still categorize the songs. Cause I have a different feeling and memory of each song. Music to me is about feelings, and not every song can move me the same way. That's how I categorize.

I don't really even like TJT that much. Out of 11 songs, there are only six I ever have any desire to listen to, and only three of those do I have any desire to listen to more than occasionally (granted, those three are all excellent). I don't like how it flows as an album, I don't like the fact that it fails miserably at being a concept album, and I consider Trip to be as bad as (if not worse than) Elevation.

So yeah, it's pretty easy for me to categorize the songs within it.

Having seen the US version of stuck, can anyone explain why it's that bad? It's cheesy but it's not the worst thing in the world.

I like the TUF video too. The walking away in the snow is epic in the end.

Having seen the US version of stuck, can anyone explain why it's that bad? It's cheesy but it's not the worst thing in the world.

It's just... everything. First off, it has football in it. American football. What does that have to do with U2? :huh: Or the rest of the world that isn't America, for that matter.
And the whole missing a kick thing... sorry to be very female here, but it's just a friggin' game. Who cares you missed one kick, they've forgotten about that the next game. :rolleyes:
It doesn't fit the song. At all.

Compare it to the EU version, and you'll find that one fits so much better.

Back
Top Bottom