Some good news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

For Honor

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I write a lot of "downer" type stuff, so I figure I should share some good news for once

I'm writing to you all on my new laptop, which was a tremendous and unexpected graduation gift. My graduation party (highschool) turned out really well, and it was so very nice that the "threefold terror of love" that is my three sided family (moms, dads, and stepmoms sides), they all got along really well together

Today, welll.... yesterday (it's late), Wednesday, was my last test ever having to do with highschool. Physics regents. It is a nice feeling to be done with it, and to have the summer ahead of me. I believe I am going to college in January, and plan on working and relaxing until then, and hopefully spending some time with family and friends until I go away.

This summer, in July, one side of my family is going to Maine to see the Ocean and have a family vacation there for a week, so that should be a lot of fun too. I'm pretty good about not being emotionally hurt when it comes to these sort of "last time things", so I think I will be able to enjoy the vacation, as well as all the holidays. I can enjoy them more and appreciate them more as I grow older, and I just appreciate family a lot more, I guess. And in some ways, knowing they will be the last ones, the last Thanksgiving, Christmas, vacation... that makes them all the more enjoyable for some reason, I don't know.

All in all, I'm looking at my life and I'm happy.

I know one of my threads in this very forum kind of disagrees, but I think I can see things clearly right now, so that is good.

I have things I want to do, and things I have done already, so there is more of a balance. I still have my big dreams of love and marriage, but I realize now that, while I may have aspirations now, they are long term, and really... I haven't ever had anything long term in my life so far, so I just have to let it come and be patient. And besides, I need to do some work to have the kind atmosphere I want later in life, and i'm just feeling ready to work for it, which is something I'm glad about.

Thanks for reading

Friday I will walk up on stage and get my diploma, and when I come back home, 4 years of highschool, and 13 years of my life will officially be over. Relaitonships may linger on, but it will be so nice to close that chapter of my life and start building a new one...

:) :yes:

thank you very much

Learning how to be happy was something I never really thought was important, but it certainly makes things a lot more.... easy to enjoy

heh

:wink:

thanks again

Hey man, glad to see things are looking up!

I'm going through the exact same thing right now. I just wrote my last high school exam, and I'm going to recieve my diploma next week.

I'm so excited for the future, even though things like marriage and family are a long way off. It feels good to know that my life is finally taking on a purpose and an identity, and I'm ready to work hard.

I want to be a teacher...:hmm:

That's great, Needle Chill.

I'm worried... everyone says I would make a very good teacher, and I know they are probably right.

But I have such issues with kids that I don't know what or how or to who I would teach. I guess being a college professor would be really nice......

That would be cool....

But who knows. I don't.

What do you want to teach?

For Honor said:

What do you want to teach?

I'm thinking of teaching grade 11 and 12 English and History. I think that would be the ideal age group for me because it's at a point in a kid's life when he/she is doing exactly what we're doing right now. I want to be able to help them through it and make them into good people. Also, people our age have opinions and are for the most part very intelligent, so it would be alot more interesting than with younger kids.

Good call

I hear the job market is pretty tough, but that is here in the states, in the northeast.

But I'm sure that if it is something you want to do, you will be able. The world needs teachers....

it is a noble proffession

Back
Top Bottom