SOE 16: Protect This House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am rather ambivalent... I'm sure any JT special shows will not include down under!

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Joshua Tree shows trying to recapture the past and struggling to finish SOE? Why are U2 continuing? It's sad to see them in this state.

I think they would use the festivals to push SOE and rather the JT album play. The festivals should be where they pick up their "new" fan bases.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If the JT shows would mean they need MORE time to finish SOE.... which will then be released in fall 2017.... I mean.... are they crazy? They take 2016 off to work on SOE... bring the i+e tour to a halt, just to come back in 2017 with The Joshua Tree Anniversary Shows?

If the JT shows would mean they need MORE time to finish SOE.... which will then be released in fall 2017.... I mean.... are they crazy? They take 2016 off to work on SOE... bring the i+e tour to a halt, just to come back in 2017 with The Joshua Tree Anniversary Shows?
They obviously can't finish SOE or don't have good enough material for it. Such a shame.

Joshua Tree shows trying to recapture the past and struggling to finish SOE? Why are U2 continuing? It's sad to see them in this state.

What part of bono (along with the band) saying SOE is coming next year are people struggling with? There will be no "special tour" it will be a few shows at best which will also be used to promote SOE imo, mad how we get what I thought was a good news video and yet still posts like this

They obviously can't finish SOE or don't have good enough material for it. Such a shame.

Did we not just get a video last night saying how the album is coming next year?

Did we not just get a video last night saying how the album is coming next year?

In the middle of a Joshua Tree tour....what?!?! So they don't want to promote SOE rather tour a 30year old album?!?! Doesn't sound finished to me.

In the middle of a Joshua Tree tour....what?!?! So they don't want to promote SOE rather tour a 30year old album?!?! Doesn't sound finished to me.

Who has said it will be a tour? Billboard have pulled the article and bono only mentions a couple of special shows, people clutching at negativity is ridiculous

And how many times have we heard that with previous albums?

The video with the whole band came across as an announcement teaser, add to that what u2.com said, and Chris Evans, yes correct let's just be negative for negative sake

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if this video was shot at electric lady when the album was completed

Who has said it will be a tour? Billboard have pulled the article and bono only mentions a couple of special shows, people clutching at negativity is ridiculous

Yeah, do we actually have evidence that this will be anything more than a few one-off shows? I definitely don't get the feeling from what Bono says that this will necessarily be anything more than that. I still see no reason that the album can't be released Q1 2017 and accommodate that. Am I missing something here?

And even if it's not released Q1, yeah, this *is* the first time (or at least, I'm almost certain it is) that U2 have explicitly said "SoE will be released in [x] timeframe". I don't see the reason for all the negativity. The video from yesterday gave me a lot to look forward to from a band that owes me nothing.

Last edited:
The album is done guys come on. You can get excited now. The timeline goes exactly with what Adam stated on they decided to work on it until Christmas.

What if they resurrected the 'pairs' of shows idea. JT-themed one night, I+E the other night.

What if the "special shows coming..very special" means some new DVD box sets of unreleased Joshua Tree tour footage? :hmm:

:lmao:

I'm j/k....I would love to see Red Hill Mining Town and One Tree Hill live....the entire album for that matter

Remember when Interference was divided into team 'The RHMT video exists in a vault, never to see the light of day' vs team 'The RHMT video never ever existed'?

let's not go crazy just yet

I know, right? That's the first giveaway that it's fake, right???

9528060_bruce-springsteen--the-e-street-band-etihad_efdff432_m.jpg

Yeah...that was 28 shows in Europe alone.

We don't know that "some special shows" refers to a fully fledged tour.

Well that's specifically what Billboard said.

That they've pulled that story is odd, but other outlets are running with the Joshua Tree tour of stadiums in US in spring and Europe in summer.

Probably just following what billboard said, "some special shows" does not mean a full tour

Probably just following what billboard said, "some special shows" does not mean a full tour

Soooooooo they're going to plug some Joshua tree shows into the middle of the SOE promotion? That doesn't make much sense...

By full tour in thinking 10-15 Stadium gigs, an appearance at Bonnaroo and maybe another festival, and then a similar run in Europe.

Then they release SOE in the fall, do the proper promo thing, and tour the new album in 2018.

And then fly away forever. Fly fly fly. Fly fly fly.

Sure they're running with it. Not every rumour has to be true though. I'm thinking London, Dublin, NY, Chicago, LA, Boston, Paris, Berlin - a few shows, not more.
I will be amazed if they can summon up stadiums with a anniversary tour, no new album and, presumably, no new stage setup ?

Look at it this way : the fans cashed up in 2015. They're asking us to pay up next year (stadiums)....only to have us pony up again for the continued IE tour.
How many fans are willing, let alone, able to fork up three times in a span of a few years ? How many will come after seeing the anniversary show *and having seen IE the first time around ?

For what it's worth, U2place mentions not just this anniversary tour, but also a special discography release. A 30th anniversary release ?

Last edited:
When I say a tour I'm not saying they're going to play stadiums in every market in NA and Europe. I agree that we'd be looking at shows on the major cities... NY/NJ Boston Chicago LA SF/Santa Clara Miami, maybe a few more.. 10-12+ shows, then the same type of thing in Europe.

I don't think they'd do 30+ gigs per leg.

But they'll have no issues playing a short JT tour and then coming back next year with a full fledged SOE tour, probably in arenas.

I pray to god Bono got some new shades for Christmas, because those pink granny glasses are hideous

Soooooooo they're going to plug some Joshua tree shows into the middle of the SOE promotion? That doesn't make much sense...

By full tour in thinking 10-15 Stadium gigs, an appearance at Bonnaroo and maybe another festival, and then a similar run in Europe.

Then they release SOE in the fall, do the proper promo thing, and tour the new album in 2018.

And then fly away forever. Fly fly fly. Fly fly fly.

That's a reasonable scenario and I can see it happening BUT if they are on tour in the spring and summer how the hell are they going to have the time to finish up SOE after that in time for a fall release? And what would they call this tour? And would 2018 still be I and E tour? So many questions, hope we get an announcement soon so everyone can stop stressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom