Snow patrol supporting U2 rumor

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
U2log.com:

Tour support rumour: Snow Patrol
Snow Patrol are rumoured to play support on the European leg of U2’s next tour.

Snow Patrol’s guitarist Nathan Connolly was apparently asked for input on U2’s new album during the recording phase.

Producer Garrett Lee, who has remixed Vertigo for its single release, produced Snow Patrol’s album Final Straw.
(industry source)

:confused: By "input on U2's next album" does it mean that he played on the album or that they just played the album to him and asked his opinion?

"aye..Snow Patrol. Go Learn." thats abit harsh to be posting to someone from italy who might not of heard of them?

im from Belfast, ive seen them live a couple of times in wee small places like the empire, belfast. gary lightbody and mark mcclelland dj'ed the odd time in auntie annies near me too. Snow Patrol are greatly over rated, they are good but not great, Belfast has alot of bands that are better, check out Contraband or JediJaneCocaineCollison if you want to "go learn"

Last edited:
Ah hmm now I wanna see a European date. I happen to like them, though I got screamed at when I suggested them as an opener. :rolleyes: And was told there was "no way in hell" Bono would want them opening. I think he likes them? :hmm:

Tour opener

what about Dublin's HOTHOUSE FLOWERS?

they have a new record coming out in the states in October..
just before U2's.

see: eleventhirtyrecords.com and hothouseflowers.com

Bono remains a huge fan and friends with the band..

please please PLEASE no...anyone but snow patrol. I will say no more, as of course we don't want to offend anyone, but :yuck:

Anyway i'm sure a few thousand bands will be rumoured openers before we hear any official word...

I :heart: snow patrol - great band - haven't had the chance to catch them live yet though, The Album FINAL STRAW is fantastic but I don't know if they put on a good show.

Snow Patrol are great - I've seen them 4 times now and they would be an excellent little warm up for a U2 gig. VERY happy about that if it's true!

I like them. Well, I do love "Run" but not so sure about their other tunes... What's their other album like? :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom