Shuttlecock XXXII: I know it was you, Bono. You broke my heart.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been blocking Free Your Mind for over a month now. I feel like this was probably a good decision, which is a blind assumption since I'm not even reading the threads.

Okay, so the slaughter chapter wasn't a horrorshow display of a cattle slaughterhouse like in Fast Food Nation.

The author spends a good deal of time with this farmer out east who is an amazing example of growing and consuming locally, with a diverse farm (that has loads of benefits). Anyway, so the author spends a day preparing chickens to sell to the local folk.

So now where's that delicious cheeseburger I've been dreaming of?

Cori has made good progress this trimester. It's been a a pleasure to have her in class.

PhilsFan has shown growth in most areas. I'd like to see him continue to work on keeping his focus during instruction.

Dalton's daily note has helped him get his behavior under control.

Irvine has had a good year. I'd like to see him proofread his work for minor capitalization errors.

Dieman has shown good leadership this year. More focus on his homework will help him master difficult concepts.

Mofo is helpful to his classmates and shows great athletic ability. I'd like to see him put some of that dedication into his classwork.

UberBeaver and BoMac are fucking nutcases and shouldn't let the door hit their asses on the way out.

17 down, 16 to go. :crack:

Cori has made good progress this trimester. It's been a a pleasure to have her in class.

PhilsFan has shown growth in most areas. I'd like to see him continue to work on keeping his focus during instruction.

Irvine has had a good year. I'd like to see him proofread his work for minor capitalization errors.

Dieman has shown good leadership this year. More focus on his homework will help him master difficult concepts.

Mofo is helpful to his classmates and shows great athletic ability. I'd like to see him put some of that dedication into his classwork.

UberBeaver and BoMac are fucking nutcases and shouldn't let the door hit their asses on the way out.

Ahem.

I baked today. Blondies with chocolate chips and toffee bits.

OH SWEET JESUS, THE GOOEY GOODNESS. :drool:

martha :lol: :up:

And thus, we have the omnivore's dilemma. :wink:

I'm going to try and be more mindful about what processed food I stuff in my face, which will go a long way to make me eat healthier, too. Bonus! We'll see how it goes.

Bread is my downfall when it comes to "things I eat too much of."

My god, bread.

Bread, my love.

When I die, I want to go out in a blaze of carbohydrate glory.

:drool:

:lol:

Karma shmarma.

If a cow eats me in the afterlife, I'll just be so shocked that there's an afterlife in the first place that I won't feel a thing.

:lol:

Hilarious!!!

Bread = :love:
If I'm at Von's, I have to try & aim for 5:00pm, when they bring the fresh baked french bread out of the oven :drool:

we just gave birth to Don's third child, Eugene.

so middle of Season 3.

we're watching on standard def, but the difference in watching standard def on a BR vs. a regular DVD (that was, like, from 1999) is gigantic.

i love this show. it does everything -- acting, writing, lighting, art direction -- right.

Oh, there's no comparison. I watch from a 27" screen most of the time and can still see a sizable difference in picture quality, and the sound's usually better, too.

Sweet. It only gets better after that, too.

Martha's grades cracked me up.

FYI, I've decided that I'm ready for a new Radiohead album.

Whatever they do next, I hope I like it as much as I liked In Rainbows. I'm not used to liking a Radiohead album that much.

Can I just say that while that New Moon movie was horrendous, the Thom Yorke song in it was really good?

i listened to In Rainbows once, and it almost killed me.

because it lulled me to sleep (almost) whilst driving along the Mass Pike.

i think i've turned on them. my love for them stops at the end of Kid A.

Can I just say that while that New Moon movie was horrendous, the Thom Yorke song in it was really good?

I'm still annoyed that I can't buy that song individually anywhere online (for some reason only a few select songs are available from that soundtrack individually, and you have to buy the entire soundtrack for the rest), so I've not allowed myself to gain it through other means.

I'm torn on whether I will or won't allow myself to download the track from the vinyl single of the Rosebowl Box Set.

Fuck this. You can't tell me what to do. I'm leaving. ANd I'm not coming back. You can't change my mind. Not this time. No way. I'm serious. This is bullshit. No way. Not ever. Get real. Like does dings. Look at me, I'm Mr Tying knots. Some one needs a knot tied they call me. Bullshit. Bullshit. Look at this bitch. Ms. Sand. What a bitch. Drinking out of cups.

I'm torn on whether I will or won't allow myself to download the track from the vinyl single of the Rosebowl Box Set.

The second link that cori sent sounds very good.

I'm really intrigued with what they could potentially come up with for this in-progress album, if the sessions sound anything like Soon, Winter, and the superior songs on NLOTH.

No way. Not ever. Get real. Like does dings. Look at me, I'm Mr Tying knots. Some one needs a knot tied they call me. Bullshit. Bullshit. Look at this bitch. Ms. Sand. What a bitch. Drinking out of cups.

It is humorous to me that more people know about this than his music.

Humorous, and a little sad, as his albums are fairly enjoyable.

It sounded quite good during the intro to the Rose Bowl show (I could actually identify lyrics and such, which I couldn't live), so my temptation to just download it is rising...

Speaking of which, I still haven't watched the full show. Need to fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom