Shuttlecock V: Sleep Like Leo Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would have great concept potential. All in this era of a. people who don't know the first thing about why privacy matters and b. people freaking out over covered faces.

Yeah, I think Bono should do the whole tour in a gas mask. It ties in with the loss of innocence, in the trenches, in the race for the prize, etc. I'm just brainstorming here.

I think it would have great concept potential. All in this era of a. people who don't know the first thing about why privacy matters and b. people freaking out over covered faces.

Yeah, I think Bono should do the whole tour in a gas mask. It ties in with the loss of innocence, in the trenches, in the race for the prize, etc. I'm just brainstorming here.

I was thinking the new album is the aural equivalent of tear gas, and so Bono wears it in order to protect his pretty little face?

That Sweetest Thing single cover doesn't make any sense.

I'd get it if it were for Please or SBS or even RAIIHHYZD BY WOAHHHLVZ, but Sweetest Thing? The fuck?

For real. The b-sides are really random too. There were two editions of the single, one with Twilight and An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart from Red Rocks as the b-sides, and those are incredible performances. Before UABRS was re-released on DVD with those songs added, the single was really worth owning to have those songs.

So far here in way-less-dumpy-than-I-thought-it-would-be Lake Havasu City the music I've heard in public has been Journey and shitty modern country. I won't count the awfully off singer/electric guitar player warbling through our dinner last night.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

That Sweetest Thing single cover doesn't make any sense.

I'd get it if it were for Please or SBS or even RAIIHHYZD BY WOAHHHLVZ, but Sweetest Thing? The fuck?

It was the promotional single for Best of 1980-1990, which really pushed the Boy/War theme. It only makes sense in that context.

I remember picking up these singles at Virgin Records in San Francisco and thinking the cover was really striking.

One of my Top 10 angriest U2 moments was when the Best of 1990-2000 cover wasn't in color.

To be followed by the "New Mixes" of the Pop songs and the inclusion of ATYCLB material which had nothing to do with the highlighted era.

Still want to go back in time and clobber the person who had that idea.

If Bono wears this for an entire show on the next tour, I'll give U2 literally everything I own:

220px-U2_Sweetest_Thing.jpg

flymask.jpg

Based on the last tour, wearing that mask every night, U2 would neglect to ever actually play The Fly.

I was going through some LPs at a London flea market the other day and found a copy of Zooropa on gold "marbled" vinyl. I can't tell if the thing is a legit issue, but it looks pretty awesome.

I was going through some LPs at a London flea market the other day and found a copy of Zooropa on gold "marbled" vinyl. I can't tell if the thing is a legit issue, but it looks pretty awesome.

Did you pick it up? How much? Sounds very cool indeed.

Yeah, my first copy of Achtung Baby on vinyl was a bootleg, but I didn't realize it for the longest time. I finally got an original US copy and compared the two record jackets and the bootleg was not as sharp, as if someone scanned the CD artwork and blew it up. That, and soundwise, the original was superior obviously.

A lot of media this morning are picking up on Bono's comments regarding the potential end of his guitar-playing days.

I'll leave it to others more knowledgeable in music to discuss, but I never thought Bono was an especially adept guitar player. A majority of the time I just assumed he wasn't even playing it at all.

I think its pretty much universally acknowledged even by the man himself that his guitar playing was nonessential in the broader scope.

That being said, he did have a couple of moments (few and far between) and his "rhythm guitar" parts live did add a certain texture that may be missed - not saying they can't add that from another source though.

I do feel kind of sorry for him though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom