She's a Mystery Girl - Best Version?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a pretty good version, but I think I've heard better (not sure which shows).

I have a strong dislike for songs that the band brings in a bunch of backup singers for...has always seemed cheesy to me. Bono howling with edge backing up is all I need.

No, there is no better version out there. The only other full band version is from Dublin, 30 December 1989. That one is close, but not better.

I prefer the December 30th version. The background vocals on the Rotterdam show detract from it. Bono's vocal performance also isn't as spot-on as it was in Dublin, and the background vocals don't compensate for it.

But yeah, there aren't any good choices beyond those two (and Orbison's version, of course).

Last edited:
typhoon said:
I prefer the December 30th version. The background vocals on the Rotterdam show detract from it. Bono's vocal performance also isn't as spot-on as it was in Dublin, and the background vocals don't compensate for it.

I agree. I much prefer to listen to the Dublin performance than the Rotterdam one.

Roy Orbison's version without any doubt has to be the best version. The worst version is probably the one they did last week for the "Top of the Pops" audience, lol.

Back
Top Bottom