September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to the guy handing out the wristbands. He told me that security was planning on honoring the wristbands as long as folks were off the premises by 11pm and back there at 6am, no earlier. Take if for what it's worth, but it came from the horses mouth.

Not trying to stir anything, just passing along info that there is word that security has also said just the opposite, that they won't honor the wristbands. Makes no difference to me, since I can't make it to Chicago. :sad:

Here is a photo someone posted at U2.com, which may or may not go along with what that dude told you. I guess everyone will find out at 6:00 AM.

v741hy.jpg

I'm not sure why the Chicago Loop seems to get such a bad reputation. It's really a beautiful area throughout, with Michigan Avenue, Millennium Park (really all of Grant Park), and the Museum Campus (where Soldier Field is) being the nicest areas.

I'm not sure why the Chicago Loop seems to get such a bad reputation. It's really a beautiful area throughout, with Michigan Avenue, Millennium Park (really all of Grant Park), and the Museum Campus (where Soldier Field is) being the nicest areas.

I didn't know it got a bad rap. Interstate traffic is hell. But downtown Chicago is one of the loveliest places in America.

so freaking happy that i have Red Zones for tomorrow's show-- and i really hope this 2-days-in-advance GA line does not continue past the first show... :crack:

Me too. I don't want to deal with this in Foxoboro and NJ. If it happens in NJ, I'll be at the 2nd Boston show when the line starts

I didn't know it got a bad rap. Interstate traffic is hell. But downtown Chicago is one of the loveliest places in America.

Maybe it's because of Leroy Brown, but the reputation I've always discerned from it is that it is like a more run-down version of New York, with some nice areas... although once I went that, I learned otherwise. I really prefer the Loop to Manhattan.

Just me being paranoid digitize, I'll check it out.

mtmfox, that sign is indeed posted in front of where the line will form in the morning. Guess we'll see. It's bound to be utter chaos. I suspect it'll wind up being a free for all. In the end, who cares. I'll be there, somewhere in the stadium. That's all that matters.

Maybe it's because of Leroy Brown, but the reputation I've always discerned from it is that it is like a more run-down version of New York, with some nice areas... although once I went that, I learned otherwise. I really prefer the Loop to Manhattan.

Really? A run-down Manhattan. Tell them to cross the Chicago River on Michigan Ave. It seems like you are in heaven.

Manhattan blows Chicago out of the water, but, the Loop does not have a bad rap at all.

Chicago has recently been named one of the best cities in the world to live in for several 2008 or 2009 publications, and of course it's a candidate to host the Olympics. No bad rap here, it's a great place to live.

Really? A run-down Manhattan. Tell them to cross the Chicago River on Michigan Ave. It seems like you are in heaven.
Absolutely.
Manhattan blows Chicago out of the water, but, the Loop does not have a bad rap at all.
Chicago has recently been named one of the best cities in the world to live in for several 2008 or 2009 publications, and of course it's a candidate to host the Olympics. No bad rap here, it's a great place to live.

Oh, God knows I'd love to live there. I'm just sayin'. I love Chicago.

Cathal - interesting thoughts...but none of the guys who had statutes made for them had GA tickets

Digitize - you are right...I walked back to my hotel from the stadium past 1030 and didn't feel my safety was in danger at any point

Off to the hard rock

-dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom