September 12, 13 - Soldier Field - Chicago PART THREE!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't something like that happen in Hawaii, where people showed up 2 days before, put their name on the list and got a number, stayed for a little bit, and left?

I smell drama. :doh:

No, the line in Hawaii was hardcore. The venue said if you line up you stay. People spent two days in line only being able to leave for minutes at a time to their cars.

Needless to say, I didn't line up.

:hug:

Thanks, I'm just having a bad day and frustrated about all this line crap. The whole reason I traded my GA in Honolulu was because I heard people were lined up 2 days in advance. If I can get on the outer rail, that would be fine too.

I know, :blahblah:, shut up, Chelsea.

I completely understand you have every right to be frustrated :hug: Did GA in Hawaii got there around 6am or so that morning. Ended up 2nd row in front of Edge's B-stage. Then again that show wasn't sold out so there was a better chance for a spot.

Ok people are going to line up the night before expect that. However 2 days before seems overkill to me. Not in agreement at all about letting people just get a number and leave for the night. Oh and the space holding thing is not right either!

I don't want to be a GA line party-pooper here, and I do appreciate the work that line nazis do, but it just seems to me that there should be logical and fair rules for everyone, and some consistency from city to city.

This is getting nuts. Does anyone else get the feeling that we need a GA line book of rules and procedures for North America? :lol: We could elect fans from each city to get together, debate the rules, write a charter, etc... :wink:

*Unless the specific venue decides to be responsible for overseeing the line, and decides that this is the way to go. I know that some venues have done this in the past and it's worked well for everyone.

unfortunately there will always be some clown with a book regardless of what the venue rules are.

I went for a walk but went north first so I missed the soundcheck. I just read there ate people waiting. I would like to walk back over there bit don't want to get caught in the dark

I am not going to blow two days of my vacation in line. I am going to see and do stuff since this will probably be my only visit to chicago. I am going to the Cubs game tomorrow...I hear Bono is singing take me out out to the ball game.

-dan

I think that lining up today is insane, but that's just me.

But, to be realistic, I'm sure that people think that fans that line up at 6am or 9am day of the concert are a little bit insane, too. It's all relative, and when you buy a GA ticket for this band, and are a die-hard fan, you know what you're in for. Like I mentioned earlier, I got in the Barcelona line at 6:30am and over 800 people were in front of me. :shrug:

But, to be realistic, I'm sure that people think that fans that line up at 6am or 9am day of the concert are a little bit insane, too. It's all relative, and when you buy a GA ticket for this band, and are a die-hard fan, you know what you're in for. Like I mentioned earlier, I got in the Barcelona line at 6:30am and over 800 people were in front of me. :shrug:

and me too....

I just ran down and talked to the people lined up.
I recorded a bit of Breathe on my phone. ken williams u 2 . m 4 a (delete spaces)

u2-2.jpg

Its a hard one to judge this GA lining up thing... Cos even after all the effort you go to, people will find away to get ahead. I was number 3 in Barca, and Im guilty of starting the 2 night camping craze. Bear in mind i travelled all the way from Australia for the opening night of a tour. And I was scouting the stadium, and people were ready with camping gear. The thing was, no one was willing to commit to actually starting it. We started the number system there and I was shocked and grateful at how well respected it was.

However, when I was in the pit on the rail, behind me was number 1080 something. So is it worth it? For me it was, but it was a one off thing. Im not camping out again though thats for sure, at least not til the come to Aus if the do :) There were some nice American folk in the line in Barca who were quite surprised by it all. Most said that the GA line-up starts on the day in the US. But this is the first concert of the leg so I can understand why people are lining up...

I don't want to be a GA line party-pooper here, and I do appreciate the work that line nazis do, but it just seems to me that there should be logical and fair rules for everyone, and some consistency from city to city. And, it's fair that those who put in the time are rewarded, as opposed to those who drop in for a number and leave for 10 or 12 hours at a time.*

If people are making arbitrary rules, maybe I should head to Toronto now and make up a rule that those who are wearing green get to be in the first 100 people, but those not wearing green have to move back.

This is getting nuts. Does anyone else get the feeling that we need a GA line book of rules and procedures for North America? :lol: We could elect fans from each city to get together, debate the rules, write a charter, etc... :wink:

*Unless the specific venue decides to be responsible for overseeing the line, and decides that this is the way to go. I know that some venues have done this in the past and it's worked well for everyone.
:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

I really love that U2 are in my timezone right now... makes things easy and interesting.

Agh so whats the update on the lines? Sunday will be worst than saturday? And saturday is already having people stay out? Oh man.... so i should be there before 5am? I really want a good position.... i mean not like front row center... but hopefully a pretty good spot in the circle. :/ And so are they taking numbers and letting you go off is that how its going?

Agh so whats the update on the lines? Sunday will be worst than saturday? And saturday is already having people stay out? Oh man.... so i should be there before 5am? I really want a good position.... i mean not like front row center... but hopefully a pretty good spot in the circle. :/ And so are they taking numbers and letting you go off is that how its going?

Our resident correspondent, DRay, is heading down to the stadium now. Apparently there are wristbands and a list.

Sorry to change the subject, but....

I'm traveling alone, like so many others, so I am watching the CTA website for updates regarding public transportation, and this was posted today. I'm not using the blue line, but I know there has been a lot of talk here about the blue line, so I am hoping someone local can weigh in and give some insight as to how this will impact people using the blue line. This is on the CTA website under Press Releases.

Rail Service Temporarily Suspended in Blue Line’s Dearborn Subway This Weekend
9/10/2009

The final phase of the Dearborn Subway project begins this weekend and will focus on renewing 19,000 feet of track along the south end of the subway. Rail service between the Blue Line’s Clark/Lake and UIC-Halsted stations will be temporarily suspended from 10 p.m. Friday, September 11 until 4 a.m. Monday, September 14, as work continues to replace track.

Bus shuttles will operate as a substitute for rail service making stops adjacent to the Clark/Lake, Washington, Monroe, Jackson, LaSalle, Clinton and UIC-Halsted stations. Southbound buses will travel along Clark and Van Buren and northbound buses will operate via Harrison and Dearborn.

Both the Clark/Lake and UIC-Halsted stations are accessible to customers with disabilities.

Trains will operate normally from Forest Park to UIC-Halsted and from O’Hare to Clark/Lake. Customers are advised to allow extra travel time.

In 2007, CTA began a project to eliminate existing slow zones in the Dearborn subway that were having a major impact on travel time for riders. With the funds available at the time, CTA was able to make repairs that allowed trains to resume normal speeds.

From July to September 2007, repairs were made to 6,336 feet of slow zones between the Damen and Clark/Lake stations. Crews replaced more than 5,000 deteriorated wooden rail ties with concrete rail ties.

The first two phases of the current project were completed six weeks earlier than originally anticipated due to improvements in how the work was sequenced. So far, more than 20,000 feet of track have been replaced just north of the Division station to just south of the Grand station. Trains have resumed normal speeds from Division to Clark/Lake as a result, allowing riders to experience faster travel times.

Crews are replacing deteriorated wooden half ties with concrete half ties, running rail and contact (third) rail to remove emerging slow zones and help prevent the creation of new slow zones.

# # #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom