roadtrip suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thankyou

Refugee
I am going on a road trip with my teenage daughters in late july, we're heading to dallas texas to visit my son there. on the way we were planning on stopping in Kansas City KS or driving possibly through St. Louis MO, haven't decided which route yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions on cool places to stop and visit with teenagers in either places? Preferably not too expensive (I'm on a budget).
My girls love music (rock/alternative), anything that would involves laying around water (that's for me, the mom). Easy hikes preferably towards waterfalls or lakes. Historical museums.

We're planning on stopping in Memphis too and checking out the National Civil Rights museum, where MLK stayed last, the sun studios, graceland.

any suggestions and ideas are welcomed! thankyou in advance!!!

:bow: :bow:

Memphis sounds great, I went there when I was 11 years old and I LOVED IT!
To be honest, I've been to Kansas City and I don't remember anything out of the ordinary to see.

You're going to Dallas from where?

It depends on how much time you have to devote to sightseeing. In St. Louis, I'd recommend the Gateway Arch, which has a nice historical museum explaining the Lewis and Clark expedition--and you can ride to the top of the Arch (something like 635 feet tall). Also, if you have the time, the St. Louis Zoo is excellent--and free, which is always good. :)

If you travel west from St. Louis on Interstate 70, I'd recommend a stop in St. Charles, which was the first state capital of Missouri. There is an historic district downtown on the riverfront, with numerous shops, restaurants, and a couple of museums. It's a very nice area--one thing, though about the shops on Main Street. They tend to close up a little early, around 5pm or so. The restaurants are open later, of course. And there are nice bed and breakfasts in St. Charles, or cheaper (but decent) hotels nearby.

Unfortunately I can't help you with Kansas City. Haven't been there too much except to visit Worlds of Fun, and that can be pretty expensive.

If you have any questions about St. Charles or are interested in visiting the area, you could email me at u2fan02@yahoo.com

I'd be happy to help you! :)

great suggestions. thanks you!
I really like the idea of the gateway arch and the lewis and clark history museum + the ride. Sounds like a must do!

thanks again!!:up:

thankyou said:

We're planning on stopping in Memphis too and checking out the National Civil Rights museum, where MLK stayed last, the sun studios, graceland.

I went to Memphis in April and went to all three of those places, all were awesome. I would also highly recommend the Memphis Zoo, they have two giant pandas and so many other amazing animals. And a tour of the Gibson Guitar Factory, it's up the street from the Civil Rights Museum. Don't forget to check out the U2 stuff at Sun Studios- the photo of Bono in the studio and lots of U2 photos/stuff outside the studio where the shop/cafe is.

don't stop in Iowa, there's nothing here. :wink: but you probably knew that ;)

I've been to Ks City a couple times, didn't see anything that great...although i wasn't there long either time. from what i've seen St Louis seems better, the arch is cool:up:

Re: Re: roadtrip suggestions

MrsSpringsteen said:

I went to Memphis in April and went to all three of those places, all were awesome. I would also highly recommend the Memphis Zoo, they have two giant pandas and so many other amazing animals. And a tour of the Gibson Guitar Factory, it's up the street from the Civil Rights Museum. Don't forget to check out the U2 stuff at Sun Studios- the photo of Bono in the studio and lots of U2 photos/stuff outside the studio where the shop/cafe is.

wow, i'm soooooo checking that out! thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom