Review the Movie You Viewed: 9 Seriously Blind Basterds Hurt Up in the Air

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's perfectly understandable. But why need to make the equation to the academic standard grades then? Why can't 5 by the perfect average, 10 the highest and 0 the lowest? This is more useful if anything, that way it gives you a wider range of expression within the stuff you actually do like.

Because for right now my mind is still in academic mode, and until a few years are between us, I will still associate a 5 with failing/missing the mark.

I'm not quite drunk either. Creeping up on being sober.

I drink like 1x a year, so, when I post late at night I'm sober. I cannot blame my idiotic posts on alcohol, sadly.

I blame them on gyro instead.*

* FUCK YES BASHLEY
Hell to the fucking yeah, bitch.

That's perfectly understandable. But why need to make the equation to the academic standard grades then? Why can't 5 by the perfect average, 10 the highest and 0 the lowest? This is more useful if anything, that way it gives you a wider range of expression within the stuff you actually do like.

Douche, chill.

Requisite Batman And Robin quotes here.

My rating system is 10 point, but I rate sirius films and ridonkulous action/boneheaded comedy flicks on different scales. 90% of films I have the benefit(?) of knowing are good wind up with a comment of "I dig it" or "I don't get it," translating to a 7/10 either way.

Someone shaved, someone shaved, someone shaved my beard today...

elton-john55.jpg

10 - a/a+
9 - a-
8 - b+
7 - b/b-
6 - c+
5 - c
4 - c-
3 - d+
2 - d/d-
1 - f

???

Looking at Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB, anything below 60 or 6, probably is a bit of a disappointment. And may not be worth the price of admission, $10, these days.

They both put that Micmacs in the 7 range.
I should have put it at a 5.5,
and we could have avoided all this commotion.

Looking at Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB, anything below 60 or 6, probably is a bit of a disappointment. And may not be worth the price of admission, $10, these days.

They both put that Mirmacs in the 7 range.
I should have put it at a 5.5,
and we could have avoided all this commotion.

Take a look at where they put your Agora.

Agora

Best movie I have seen in a long time. Worth a trip to the theater, if it is playing near you. Takes place in Alexandria Egypt, around 400 AD. It involves the struggles among Pagans, Christians, and a few Jews. Conflicts between science and religion. Closing scene, an example of how far one will go for love.
57% and 7.3

I don't always agree with those sights. They both rate Micmacs higher than I do.

I did really enjoy Agora. I am still seeing about 2-3 movies a week, in the theater. I have seen a lot of misses this year that I have not bothered to mention.
I'd probably give Agora a solid 7.5, not quite an 8.

I didn't put a number on it.

I did really enjoy it. I have seen a lot of misses this year that I have not bothered to mention.

I am still seeing about 2-3 movies a week, in the theater.

I meant for you to take a peek at what RT rated it, hence the "they". You didn't rate it, I'm aware, but you raved about it.

Not to belabor a point, but I've never understood applying decimals to any sort of rating system, especially if it's already on a 1-10 scale.

I did edit my post.

You should realize by now. English is my 3rd language.

I only liked it that much because this year has had a lot of weak films.
I'd also say Exit through the Gift Shop is worth the effort, but I can't say it needs to seen on the big screen, since most of it was recorded on a camcorder.

RT doesn't 'rate' films. And IMDB is populated by primarily by plebs, mouth-breathers, and sociopaths. Therefore good sources for film guidance.

He's no Spielberg. Let me know when Scorsese makes a movie as adventurous as 1941.

Back
Top Bottom