Rest of U2 Survivor: The Joshua Tree - Round 6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Running To Stand Still

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Red Hill Mining Town

Votes: 37 67.3%
  • One Tree Hill

Votes: 5 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corianderstem

Blue Crack Distributor
In God's Country was put to bed last round, and is now dreaming beneath a desert sky.

Aaaaand I expect this next round to be ending with some euthanasia.

VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SONG

Polls will remain open for 48 hours, unless one song has taken enough of a beating after a day or so, in which case we'll call it an act of mercy and move on to the next round.

Songs in this round:

- Running To Stand Still
- Red Hill Mining Town
- One Tree Hill

Criteria for song selection (at least for the albums): anything on the regular pressings of the Best Of 1980-1990, Best Of 1990-2000, and U2:18 is excluded.

RTTS and RHMT are equally less enjoyable than OTH to me (there's no doubt RTTS is a better constructed song all round, but certainly not a favourite of mine). I voted for the former.

xaviMF22 said:
Red Hill :yuck:

awful video too :vomits:

music videos are almost meaningless in my opinion, i mean they can serve as an interesting visual interpretation of a song but how could you possibly like a song less or have less respect for it just because of the music video? I mean it's the music we should care about, not a stupid video to the music! I'm not specifically referring to you xaviMF, but I know there are some who feel this way and this never made sense to me...

I once visited a site where this guy did in depth analysis of various bands and compared them, eventually choosing a winner- he compared U2 to I think R.E.M. and broke the bands down into what he thought were the major categories that needed to be compared, and he devoted one whole category simply to music videos...obviously U2 lost in that category, but holy shit, what does this really have to do with the actual music? As far as I'm concerned, it is entirely irrelevant...:shrug:

The RHMT video wasn't so great, but it would never in the slightest way enter my mind when formulating judgments on these songs and voting for my favorite in this tournament...i''m voting RHMT and then RTSS, OTH shall be victorious!!

Just so we can wait for Axver to be here full on for the final, I think we should allow this round to drag out to it's full, bloody, two day end.

Back
Top Bottom