Random Music Talk XLIX: Celebrating traditional Australian customs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas, everyone. Hope you're all having a lovely holiday.

I've seen Mr. Bean's Christmas thing once, from what I recall I thought it was quite funny.

Also, listening to that cover of "Fairytale Of New York" right now-Billy's voice sounds lovely here, as does that harp. Nice rendition.

So good to see you round here again Angela! :)

Today at the Boxing Day sales I picked up:

Radiohead - The King of Limbs (vinyl)
Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
Biggie - Life After Death
ODB - Return to the 36 Chambers
Wu-Tang Clan - Wu-Tang Forever
2Pac - Me Against the World
NWA - Niggaz4Life
Breaking Bad s3

For $99.90.

blueeyedgirl said:
so little time?

:up:

How come?

People like to bitch and moan about how lame it is that their league's rules are so much better than the other league's rules. That's why. I don't mind the games. It's seeing people bitch and moan about it that makes me dislike it. Without the people bitching and moaning about it, I couldn't care less, but seeing that just makes me roll my eyes at the whole ordeal, and at the people who bitch and moan about it. That's why indifferent people also dislike it.

I've never understood how those conferences/leagues work. I can't get my head around the fact that teams from the American League play teams in the National League during the regular season. Seems to me to defeat the purpose of having two distinct leagues. And then you've got the divisions...

tumblr_lwqw5zstk21qg39ewo1_500.gif

This is me last night.

After all of the mythologizing that I have read about Smile, it will be a huge disappointment if it is anything less than the best album that I have ever heard by a wide margin.

The Taylor/Civil Wars collaboration was a good idea. I suspect TCW were responsible for removing a bit of contemporary flavor which gives it a fresher sound for Taylor.

Speaking of which, I just finished reading The Hunger Games a week or so ago and thought....well, I don't know, it's decent. I don't think I've even seen whatever media bono_212 referred to it ripping off, but the story beats already felt familiar. Not a great literary work, but the plot kept moving enough to keep me reading until the end.

The Taylor/Civil Wars collaboration was a good idea. I suspect TCW were responsible for removing a bit of contemporary flavor which gives it a fresher sound for Taylor.

Speaking of which, I just finished reading The Hunger Games a week or so ago and thought....well, I don't know, it's decent. I don't think I've even seen whatever media bono_212 referred to it ripping off, but the story beats already felt familiar. Not a great literary work, but the plot kept moving enough to keep me reading until the end.

It's a Japanese book and movie called Battle Royale. Great movie, never read the book. But go read the synopsis on wiki and you'll see, I think.

not a regular by any means, but after the last three weeks i've had i'm in a conciliatory mood.

merry christmas, wankers.

i'll try to to have my body make me nearly die next year, ergo i won't be in here.

or whatever. i've kinda missed this blue bullshit.

So Kevin fucking Federline is going to be in a reality show here called "Excess Baggage" in 2012. It pits fat no-name celebrities with fat no-name Joe Bloes in a number of challenges.

I don't even

Is it sad that I'm not even remotely surprised by that news? Good to see the reality show arena keeps pumping out more dreck-I'd have thought that well long dry by now.

Rule 35: If it exists, there will be a reality show of it.

Fine. Rule [insert arbitrarily-assigned number here].

I only say that because I know what rule 34 is (it's the only one I know), so I assumed 35 would be similar. The googles told me that was a fair assumption.

That Liturgy album all the critics have been wanking to is pretty interesting stuff. The music is fast-paced, moderately skillful hard rock with some electronic whatsits thrown around liberally. I like it. Gets the blood pumping and doesn't let up, which probably isn't healthy but that's pretty rock n' roll anyhow. The lyrical content is pretty much the last 20 seconds of Vertigo spread out over 12 tracks though...there's this guy screaming shit like AWWWHHH YEAHHHHH and WOOOO HOOO and UNNGHHHHHHHH in the background on just about every song. But I guess it's better than grunting about the usual metal shit, like blanket political corruption, ritual sacrifice, whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom